2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 31 May-6 June (Read 404 times)

Dutchie42

Goooood Morning,

New month, new week, let's make it a good one

Went out with both dogs for an easy 3 kilometer run. NICE! No walkbreaks, other than for take off/put on leash, a car and feeding a tidbit for good behaviour (I have to bend down to give it to Spike)  Feeling really good. I'll start increasing my distance as of tomorrow.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

HappyFeat

That's wonderful, Dutchie; you're off to a great start!

Sorry you’re having to baby your foot, PerfesserR. Such a frustrating situation.

Jeff: what everyone else said – you’re fast!! Good job in Saturday’s 10K.

Happy Birthday, Kelly! What a great present - the Garmin; you’ll have lots of fun with that new toy.

Hope everyone has a great week ahead and good runs

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Just a dude.

Well, good day today...

Ran my race... 1500... ended up with a first place finish and a 5:05 time... faster than I expected...

Ran 6 this evening on top just nice and easy...

Have a great week everyone!

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Kelly: First place is a great birthday present! I guess I'm going to do some speed work this summer...

Recalculating...

Dog-Love

OK I love a new week.

Congratulations Kelly...speed demon you.

Trey...sorry you will not be in SF but just as well because I did not want to have to impress anyone with my 5 hour finsh (at this point I hope I even finish)

Running today with my daughter who is training for the half.  It is a beautiful week in Juneau

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Yay Kelly! Congrats!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Kelly: congrats on your 1st place. Wonderful achievement.

Yesterday, I added 30 min of UB to my short run and 10 min of abs.

Very nice 5.5K easy run this morning with the dogs. Spike was on his best behaviour. For a dachshund The run went very well. Probably because I had 4xbreaks for doggie business, 2xbreaks for taking the dogs off/put them on leash, 2xbreaks for cars passing and 2xbreaks waiting for Spike to catch up 

Added on a 30min boxing w/o plus abs.

Dutchie

Duchie: I'm glad we are running "together" again!

Me: 3 easy miles this morning in a light rain. Tomorrow -  my first weights workout in a long time. Getting back on track and logging my meals again. I'm pre-training for the trainer.

A

Recalculating...

Great job Kelly, that is quick!
                    Dutchie42

I survived my last day with my old boss (Mon) and the first day with my new boss (Tue). Gosh, it was so hectic. I felt so exhausted last night. Slept in this morning. Had no run planned, just strength training. Can do that after work... yeah right

Another busy day ahead of me.

Dutchie

Just a dude.

Blah...

My knee that I have been sorta ignoring for a week is finally not letting itself be ignored... I've been favoring it slightly and now my back hurts...

Only ran 3 tonite and iced a ton.  Gotta get this thing under control...

Intervals planned for tomorrow night... Weird schedule this week makes it my only real good quality day this week... I am hoping I am up for it...

Really glad to see you coming back Dutchie... keep at it...

Have a great rest of the week all!

-Kelly

Imminent Catastrophe

30 minutes on the elliptical today.

I made an appointment with the Ortho for next Monday to look at my foot but I'm pretty sure that it's a metatarsal stress fracture. 

So much for my Summer/Fall plan. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Well BOO!! We'll keep all fingers and paws crossed in hopes it's not a fracture, PerfesserR.

And Kelly, maybe you just need to ease up a little this week - no speedwork - give your body a chance to regroup.

You're 40 now - this is what happens

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Just a dude.

Well... I started aggressively icing my knees, and things are getting better quickly.

Did a strong interval workout today... 6x600s with a 200 jog.  Went ok...  I've been using McMillian's site to get some idea of how fast to run intervals.  I can do the 400s and the 800s fine, but for some reason the 600s kick my butt... I can't tell if I am mentally wimping out, or if there is some hole in my training, or what... 

Oh well... I can tell I am still definitely improving...

Blah Perfesser... I hope things get right quick...

-Kelly

Dutchie42

And Kelly, maybe you just need to ease up a little this week - no speedwork - give your body a chance to regroup.

You're 40 now - this is what happens

Bwahahaha, that had me laughing out loud But I think you're right. Kelly maybe you should just take it real easy this week. Nothing bad is gonna happen if you do.

Perfesser: so sorry. Hope it's NOT a stress fracture. Maybe your shoe is tied too tightly (crossing my fingers).

HappyFeat: glad to be running again with you guys too

Did I say my new boss used to run marathons? Now he sticks to halfs. And he's so proud he runs at 7AM. I didn't tell him I get up way earlier than that and run at 6AM

This morning was a nice 8.8K loop with Spooky. I was a bit slower than usual, but given I'm coming of a lay off, I think I did pretty well. I had two walk breaks to let my HR go down. Gorgeous morning! Not sure how long my long run should be this Sunday. Would 13K be doable? I think I should pick a route that'll give me the opportunity to lengthen or shorten my run.

Dutchie