2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 10/6-10/12 (Read 291 times)

...---...

Dutchie - yes, cow face getting easier. Still tough, but easier. As far as strecches go, It's a keeper for me. Thanks for turning me on to it. Really seems to help. Crabby - I'm doing Spinx Runfest in here at home on Oct 25. The race has gotten bigger the last couple years...I even saw an ad in Runners World this year. Hilly course, but it's home. very easy 6.3 miles today - left hip was tight, IT band on the injured leg felt fine though.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Cool that you ran in Acadia, Perfesser! I've hiked there a lot, but never run. I've got to do that! Is there an HM associated with the marathon?
      Dutchie42

For those of you who run with music, here's a link for you: apparently music is good http://www.brunel.ac.uk/news/cdata/9047/costas+run+to+the+beat Personally, I'm much better at maintaining an even pace when there's music in my ear with a beat I can run on (approx. 145-148bpm for a long run).

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

4.3 by Eagle Lake in Acadia NP. Nice gravel "carriage roads". Unfortunately the knee and shin pain are back. Angry Teresa: There's no half or shorter race with the MDI, which is kind of unfortunate.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Perfesser: that looks gorgeous! Look at those colours! Nothing like that here I'm afraid. You're so lucky Smile

Dutchie

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for the photo! You just reminded me - years ago, we BIKED around Eagle Lake, and I was so freaking proud of myself! I never would have guessed in a million years I'd be able to run around it one day. Gotta get up there.

Imminent Catastrophe

Perfesser: that looks gorgeous! Look at those colours! Nothing like that here I'm afraid. You're so lucky Smile
                Yes, it's beautiful. I've wanted to visit Maine in October for many years and finally got the chance!

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

...---...

I'll take a lobster Perfesser. 4.2 miles and all systems/parts seem to be fine - I felt like I could run all day...but I stuck to the plan. mid-long run this weekend. rest day tomorrow.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Hazy today. But a nice morning anyway. Someone must have attached chunks of lead to my legs, cause they felt soooo heavy. My glutes were not cooperative either. I think I stopped about every 500 meters to walk the heaviness off. I also stopped for at least five minutes to do a sit&stay and down&stay exercise with Spooky. Despite all that I managed to finish the run in 51 minutes, which makes it only about a minute slower than my fantastic easy 7K run on Wednesday. Isn't it weird how my perception of the run made it feel like it took much longer to finish? Also tried to improve cadence again today during the 2nd kilometer. My cadence is up, but it doesn't influence my speed compared to the 4th kilometer, where I just tried to run an easy pace with my useual cadence and almost the same speed. 2K = 77-87 -> 6:48 4K = 76-80 -> 6:49

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Great run today: 16K long and slow. Including a pit stop and taking Spooky off /put her on leash it took me almost a whopping 2 hours! Jeez. I was way faster a year ago! Was running on new shoes. One of my toes on my right foot hurt at the end of the run. Maybe I should use these shoes for shorter runs first Wink

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

A bad day for me. Jasmine, my avatar <== died suddenly. didn't feel like running today. :~( died="" suddenly.="" didn't="" feel="" like="" running="" today.=""></== died suddenly. didn't feel like running today. :~(>

sluggo

John

A bad day for me. Jasmine, my avatar <== died="" suddenly.="" didn't="" feel="" like="" running="" today.=""></==>
                          Hey! This is sad news! I am sorry for your loss. I think I would feel like not running too...

John
                          www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

...---...

A bad day for me. Jasmine, my avatar died suddenly. Didn't feel like running today. Cry
                            Oh, Russ. I'm so sorry. Hang in there. My DW says to tell you that you she's sorry too. Hobbes and Daisy2 send positive vibes. 10 miles today. Wanted to go a little farther but I banged my knee on a door jam this morning which became very sore during the run. On the brighter side, no trouble from the IT Band etc.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

A bad day for me. Jasmine, my avatar died suddenly. Didn't feel like running today. Cry
                              I'm sooo sorry Perfesser! What happened? Wasn't she feeling well? Do the others miss her?

Dutchie