2000Km-1243 mile club

Mileage check in - week of 21 January (Read 305 times)

Dutchie42

Evening peeps, Today was my Monday swim class. I was dying! Mondays is all about speed and continues swimming. Well, I had to "float it out" a few times. Just couldn't do it. And we had this exercise where you sit on a floatie and move yourself forward with your arms only. That was OK, but then you had to move yourself backwards with arms only. The front of my shoulders were screaming Surprised At the end, I could barely lift my arm to hand the floatie back to the coach. I think I really need to focus more on shoulders and back when strength training.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

dork.major dork.

Ok. So this run was yesterday: but it was 7 fast hard miles up and down hills along the coast near my roommie's family home in ME. It was beautiful, windy and cold. Definitely the hardest, but also most satisfying run I've done in a while. I'm also starting to think about spring races: A half-marathon the second week of May and then a trail 15-miler (25K) at the end of May. I think that doing them both is totally doable... just not sure how to work trail work in... Need to think on that. Ok. Bedtime. PS. Dutchie. I need to find a good swim class, to get that into my routine. I feel like it would be great for my back and core.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

A Saucy Wench

0 today, monday is Xtrain (30 min swim) stretch (1:15 yoga class) and strengthen (full body weights)...i'm pooped!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I run for Fried Chicken!

Did 5.5 today, felt really easy. I'm hoping that means my aerobic conditioning is improving. Looks like I'm also on schedule to break 100 miles this month this week. It'll be my first 100 mile month ever! I'm excited! Let's hope I can keep this up.
          Dutchie42

We had a full moon and clear skies this morning. I always love that. And for once it was dry with only a light wind. Made for some great running! Spikey and Spooky were on leash for the entire run. But with them smelling critters in the dark, they were pulling me everywhich way. I never saw anything, but apparently, there was lots out there for them to wanna chase. Great 6K run! Very enjoyable.

Dutchie

Monday was my coldest day of running to date.... -22 Celcius with the wind chill. It was not a fun 4 miles. Today (Tuesday) was great... -5, no wind chill. 5 Miles today. I rest tomorrow then back at it for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I think I'll be around 26 miles when it is all said and done. I've yet to start any cross training...... I really need to get on that. Jason

A Saucy Wench

Cooooooold today! OK, not really, but COLD for us wimpy oregonians. 4m and change.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

dork.major dork.

COOOLD. Had to switch to heavy duty hat. 3.3 miles... Hoping to hit 80m for the month.

jdmcgregor

All business

I managed to overtake the pace bunny last week and am going to try to keep up the miles this week. I'm off to Hawaii for the week though, and just after getting used to running in sub-freezing temps. It'll be 80ish there, and i'll be wanting to spend time on the beach. This week may present a challenge for me. Cool

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

...---...

I'm off to Hawaii for the week though, and just after getting used to running in sub-freezing temps. It'll be 80ish there, and i'll be wanting to spend time on the beach. This week may present a challenge for me. Cool
                      ahem well, i suppose it'llbe tough running on the beach trying not to slosh your umbrella drink all over. I suppose the forces of nature are working against me. fever yesterday, and not feeling great today. And when I did finally psyche myself up for a light run...it started raining before I even got my shoes tied. Better then than 2 or so miles away from home. Okay then, tomorrow, rain or shine, I'm logging some miles...I should feel alot better then anyway. Wonder if a nice IPA would help my recovery? Aaron - will be in the LA area next week. Wednesday near Moorpark, and Thursday in Huntington Beach. Got any suggestions on outside run routes/paths? Still planning to run the Golden gate Bridge on Tuesday next week...and of course, an Irish coffee at the Buena Vista after Wink

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

BaldMike

Hawaii and 80 degrees, I am sorry, I don't feel sorry for you having to adjust to the heat wave. Have a great time!
                        PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Aaron - will be in the LA area next week. Wednesday near Moorpark, and Thursday in Huntington Beach. Got any suggestions on outside run routes/paths? Still planning to run the Golden gate Bridge on Tuesday next week...and of course, an Irish coffee at the Buena Vista after Wink
                          Sorry, no suggestions. I tend to run around my neighborhood or at the beach around Santa Monica. Only thing I know about Moorpark is that it spells kraproom backwards! Big grin I don't think it's too scenic up there either. Huntington beach on the other hand, you shouldn't have any problems find a nice route to run along the beach. Golden Gate Bridge run sounds like fun and the Irish coffee at Buena Vista after even better!

dork.major dork.

Got in 5 miles this morning, a little faster than I usually do my midweek training runs. It was a warmer and beautiful morning --- one of those times when the sun is rising and the moon is setting at the same time, just makes me so happy to be out there. That said, my lower legs and feet are still (painfully) adjusting to the new shoes. Trey, sorry you aren't feeling well. Yeah, Hawai'i sounds tough, poor baby.But good job jumping ahead of that bunny! BTW: Someone needs to kick me in the a** if I don't log 20 miles this week. That is all.

A Saucy Wench

7 today....i have the pace bunny in my sights

Dutchie42

Nothing to report. This morning the full moon was hiding behind black rain clouds. Darkness and heavy rains, again, was enough to send me back to my bed. I promised myself I'd do it after work. But got held up in the office, then had to get groceries. By the time I got home I had one very hungry boy waiting for me to cook dinner. He did the cooking yesterday, so no fair to make him cook today too.

Dutchie