2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check in for week of 14 July (Read 361 times)

Dutchie42

Great start of the week. Started the day with a 36min UB w/o, followed by an 11K dogless run. Biked to work (about 6.5K) and back ofcourse. Especially loved the bike ride home. Soooooo relaxing. Well, off to the neighbour, invited me over for coffee.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

5.2 today in New Orleans. I kept thinking how it really felt hot, there was no wind, full sun, really humid. Got back to the hotel and turned on the Weather Channel...temperature 93, heat index 106. Yes, it was hot. Gasp Tongue

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

ugh, I am hot just reading your post Perfesser 4 here on the TM blech.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

I wouldn't have run in that heat Perfesser. Hat's of to you! Why were you on the TM, Ennay? Too hot outside? Did a 4.4K recovery run this morning. Without Spike, I had to keep an eye on my HR. Whenever it went over HR150 with even one beat, I stopped and walked. Spike usually causes me to stop running as he stays behind to sniff&dig, or chase a rabbit, or annoy the horses in the paddock. Grey outside, but a nice temp and a cool breeze. Enjoying a chocolate milk and then off to shower and work. I'll hop on my bike again.

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

Dutchie - no, I have to run on the TM on Monday's so dh can ride his bike to work. He has a morning meeting so he has to leave too early for me to run first, which means schlepping the kids to the gym with daycare to run. I only let him do that on my short days. It would have to be VERY hot for me to choose a TM over outside. 3.7 this morning, planning on 5.5 on the trail tonight.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I run for Fried Chicken!

6 on the TM last night. It's going to be a short week because of my vacation. Last week was short as well. Got way too drunk on Sat. night and was hung over all day Sunday. I just can't drink like I used to anymore. Dead
              Dutchie42

I just can't drink like I used to anymore. Dead
                Can't take it anymore, old man?

Dutchie

Marquess of Utopia

I survived a tough day of training… 4 miles easy in the morning; then 8.7 miles with 4 miles at 6:00 pace during my lunch break. The heat really got my heart rate up to 200BPM, and a friend of mine caught me in the last half mile of the tempo session and pushed me some more. I tried drinking caffeine 1-2 hours before the workout to really get me going, I think it helped because this was my first workout out at or above 90F(32C) that I maintained a consistent pace.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Can't take it anymore, old man?
                    Definitely not. I didn't even think I drank that much that night. About 2.5 scotches and 4-5 shots over a 6 hour period. That's not much more than a drink an hour. A year ago, that would have gotten me nicely drunk but still coherent. This Saturday, I was gone. Don't remember half the night. Good thing I'm a happy drunk! Big grin

A Saucy Wench

Definitely not. I didn't even think I drank that much that night. About 2.5 scotches and 4-5 shots over a 6 hour period. That's not much more than a drink an hour. A year ago, that would have gotten me nicely drunk but still coherent. This Saturday, I was gone. Don't remember half the night. Good thing I'm a happy drunk! Big grin
                      HAH - try abstaining or near abstaining for the better part of 5 years through pg/nursing/pg/nursing - I have the tolerance of an 8 year old. I can get very very happy on about a drink and a half.

Imminent Catastrophe

HAH - try abstaining or near abstaining for the better part of 5 years through pg/nursing/pg/nursing - I have the tolerance of an 8 year old. I can get very very happy on about a drink and a half.
                        Sigh...I can just imagine how much money I would save...

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

And then you have saved enough to fly overhere and we can run a race together Smile That is, we chat at the start and if you're patient, we can chat and have a drink at the finish Big grin

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

Oh yeah, I am a CHEAP date. I max out at 2 drinks, usually stick to one, especially since my friends who own the wine shop do a generous pour.

Ringmaster

LOL I can't drink at all either. A half glass of wine and I'm pretty sleepy. 8 Monday, 7.5 Tuesday (figured I'd better lengthen the daily runs if I'm gonna keep the long runs up in the 14-15 mile range, right?) Took today off since this is a cut back week and my long run probably will be about 10. Planning to do 7 or 8 tomorrow, but boy, I hope there's a breeze.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                              Mile by Mile

Imminent Catastrophe

And then you have saved enough to fly overhere and we can run a race together Smile That is, we chat at the start and if you're patient, we can chat and have a drink at the finish Big grin
                                OK Dutchie that's a deal, I'd love to run one of those races in the lowlands and chat about dogs. Drinks after are on me, so long as it's Stella Artois... Smile