2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in: 12-19 July (Read 539 times)

Dog-Love

Really?  Me first???  I get to start a thread?

OK well I just finished a great 6 mile hill trail run and my legs feel absolutely great.  Morton's neuroma and everything.  If this group was running a race I could see Dutchie and Perfessor from my vantage point.  Not pushing you guys though...just keeping you in sight.

Have a great week!

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Just a dude.

I'm just sitting here with a cold pack on my hammy...

Nothing to see here...

Move along... 

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dog-Love

Kelly...sometimes our hammys are trying to tell us something more cosmic than we want to hear.  You lost a ton of weight quickly...got really fast...quickly and I think your brain wants things that are oftentimes not in synch with the rest of the body.  You have a hammy screaming at you and I have a metatarsal telling me to slow it down.

Have a great ice-bath...and get yourself better

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Dutchie42

Was up late (5h40) then didn't want to run, then did want to run, but only had 40 min tops left. Decided to run on the TM cause I could then make the most of the time I had. There were "bridge repeats" on schedule for today so I did the following:

9min@9.0K warm up
          5min@10K
          90sec@3-4-5% @9.0K with 90 sec recoveries @ 0% inbetween
          5min@10K
          90sec@5-4-3% @9.0K with 90 sec recoveries @ 0% inbetween
          30 sec@10K with 60sec@9.0K recovery. Repeat 3 times and finish at 7K total distance

Felt great!

Crabby, Perfesser: nice to run together

Kelly: listen to your hammy... and to Crabby.

ETA: are we missing some people lately?

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

I'm back, trying to slip back into reality after a week seeing my friends and beach living (and there was some wine involved). I miss Maine so much - I used to call it "permanent vacation".

I'm a bit exhausted the long drive Sunday and work/ unpacking/ supermarket/ clean up yesterday. My office also decided to rearrange our desks for the better while I was gone so lots of furniture moving yesterday - fell asleep at 7:30pm. Husband has some good pictures. I'll post soon.

Yesterday: spin class - very proud of myself for showing up

Today: off to confess to the trainer and do some weight/ resistance training

Wed: run!

This week is the jazz festival in Halifax and I'm volunteering and planning to check out something every day so I'll get some sleep maybe sometime next weekend.

A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

ETA: are we missing some people lately?

"missing person" checking in ...

had cut back on running to cure a bout of bursitis, hoping to add back in some days as of this week. Last nights run was particularly hard though because several hours spent weeding on Sunday gave me a sore back and right knee. 

I'm REALLY hoping to get ahead of the Bunny again soon. 

MTA: Tonight's run first two in a row in three weeks...okay except for the still sore knee. It was a stupid mistake - kneeling - learned a couple years ago that's a no-no now, although not sure why; not that it matters.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Easy 3 miles through a warm fog bath this morning, pretty creaky after not running for a week.

Yesterday: Met with trainer, upper body work out for 1 hr. Pretty good concert last night with the Nova Scotia Mass Choir and Molly Johnson.

Tomorrow: rest/ maybe a little elliptical - I always find I get more sore if I do nothing

Friday: Core and lower body workout

Happy Wednesday! A

Recalculating...

Dog-Love

Dropped my daughter off at X-country and decided to run 4 with rusty along the lake.  One of the other moms asaked to join me (she is super fast and I hesitated) but we ended up do a tempo run for me. Rusty being the old guy he is chose 2 miles at that pace and then sat bu the lake while we finished 2 more.

Off today diving (SCUBA) and then hope to get a hill workout in tomorrow.

Happy Thursday...where doe the time go?

Where did this group go?

HappyFeat

Last night's run, 3rd in a row went much better than I expected - yaay. So I'm planning on running again tonight. The weather is darn near perfect these days here. Love it!

HappyFeat

So when you walk during a run or as warmup/cooldown, do you count it or not?

I don't. Just wondered what others here do.

Just a dude.

I walk roughly 5 minutes after nearly every run and don't count it.

If I walk during a run, I count it... 

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

HappyFeat

Still lost in computerland...must...go...running....

tired all day today though....

however one look at the YTD Distance and I see that I MUST run because I'm SO close to that Bunny I could pull on its tail!

Dutchie42

Happy Feat: I briskly walk about 500 meters from my front door to my starting point as a warm up. And after the run the same going home as a cool down. I don't count that. But like Kelly, if I walk during a run, I'll count it.

BTW, is the bursitis all gone?

ETA: Wed I did a 5.5K tempo run and yesterday an 11.2K "easy" run.

Dutchie

HappyFeat

BTW, is the bursitis all gone?

Thanks for asking, Dutchie. It's a mixed bag so-to-speak. It's not all gone. For example, if I sit too long I get painful. But it's vastly improved. I can run without pain. I can drive to work without pain now. It is is only a 15-minute drive, but was sheer agony before my 3-week Curative Plan. I contacted someone else on RA who has dealt with this and she advised me on taking the full Rest week with no exercise at all, lots of sitting on a heating pad and stretches and anti-inflammatory med. She then said to resume running "very very slowly" for 2 weeks on an every other day schedule. I'm continuing the heat and stretching, and am doing a yoga/pilates workout every other day. I'm also doing tennis-ball massage just about every day at lunch time on surrounding trigger points in gluteus minimus and the outside of my hips and low back area. For anyone else who has this problem, I honestly think the heating pad has been the key to resolving this problem - because other than not running, I had tried everything else already.  My "adviser" has currently gone AWOL, so I just decided to run a few days in a row and see what happens.  I'm keeping to a slow pace and am practically giddy with how great it feels. One day I actually felt like I was floating along! I'm cognizant of my "adviser's" experience of overdoing it too soon and relapsing though; so I'm going to be careful....but I'm so happy to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

MTA: tonight makes the 4th night of 5-milers without any problem - did I mention how happy I am??

Dutchie42

Happy Feat: you had bursitis in your butt???? That must've been so painful and uncomfortable. Hope it continues to improve.

I had it in my L-shoulder once. Strong NSAID's from my doc and resting the shoulder (but not too much or you can't move it properly afterwards anymore) did the trick.

Ayola: I'm coming to get you... (insert evil laugh here)

Crabby, Perfesser: come on, keep up!

This morning was 30min of UB and Abs. Plus a 4 kilometer run on the TM

10min@9K
                                3min@10K
                                walk break recovery (1 minute?) @5K
                                10min@9.5K
                                3min@10K
                                Felt great. I felt great! Calfs were a little tight, but no need to stop and stretch. No bathroom breaks either for once.

Dutchie