2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-in 9 Feb-15 Feb (Read 321 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

After starting out the year with a knee issue and ending Jan well behing the pace bunny, I'm slowly creeping up to where I need to be. Had a nice 6.5 mile mid-wekk run today. Day off tomorrow and then 2 good runs on Fri and Sat should put me near 30 for the week and may get me to the bunny. Looks like everyone's having good runs. Keep it up!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

...---...

It was a dark and stormy night...no running for me. But the chocolate pistachio nut cake was awesome.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Jill_B

I fly.

Just got off the treadmill... yay! I've finally feel like I had a good run! Whoa hoa! Tomorrow maybe I'll do 6... we'll see.

Bring it on.

Imminent Catastrophe

It was a dark and stormy night...no running for me. But the chocolate pistachio nut cake was awesome.
          Hey, Trey, with sentences like that, you should be a novelist! After my nice run, two days off. I would have run today but... The guy who was working on our shower screwed up and the shower valve exploded, sending water everywhere, including down through the walls and floors. After I shut off the water supply we had water dripping out of the ceiling all over. So he spent the day cutting through the wall to get to the water pipes and repair the pipes, and I spent the day mopping up water and cleaning up the damage. Ugh.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

I have customised insoles in my running shoes. So I did an experiment. I bought Superfeet (berry). Popped one in my left shoe. And ran for 60min. Nothing. No pain! I still have the residual pain I had before I ran. But it didn't get any worse like it did in the last 3 runs I did. Huh? I suppose this means the customised insoles were faulty? Maybe pushing my foot too much to the outside. In fact making my foot supinate? Whatever, I had a fabulous 60 min run (9.26K) on the TM: 30min at 9K/h and 30min@9.5K/h. Easy running again, though harder than running it all at the same speed of 9k/h. Did work my chest and back before my run. Went lighter on the weights for back, but that seemed just fine too. Added on an abs w/o too. Yapper: good to hear your knee is better. Trey: is there a recipie for the chocolate pistachio cake??? Perfesser: your shower! Are you renovating or did it need fixing?

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Dutchie - the cake was at a restaurant. Russ - well, with feedback like that, I'll get right on it. I just updated Pages too so I'm good to go.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Been to the PT. Here's what's wrong with my foot. I've managed to "sprain" the bottom of the little bone below my little toe. This is where the peroneus longus attaches. The peroneus longus got inflamed too, including a little swelling near the ankle. Treatment: Very painful massage therapy 3xweek and icing. For the coming week I'm allowed three 60min runs and two 30 minute runs (cause I was whining so much). Only because it's my foot, and if I'm willing to be stupid he won't stand in my way and make a little extra money on the side cause I'll need more treatments (he really said that). If it doesn't improve, no running for at least 3 weeks, probably more. The side of my calf feels really bruised after today's treatment. Off to ice.

Dutchie

...---...

Dutchie - hope the treatments work. SOunds painful. 6 miles with the boys in the neighborhood. Awesome run, perfect temp, perfectly clear skies, no wind. Gonna miss it when winter returns.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

I ran 7 yesterday...very tough...lots of snow. Today I skied!
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Yikes, Dutchie, that does sound "uncomfortable". But a good thing, in the long run. 3 on the dreadmill yesterday and today. Tomorrow we leave for the Mercedes HM in Birmingham. I'm getting psyched, I really love the atmosphere of a race.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Jill_B

I fly.

Yikes, Dutchie, that does sound "uncomfortable". But a good thing, in the long run. 3 on the dreadmill yesterday and today. Tomorrow we leave for the Mercedes HM in Birmingham. I'm getting psyched, I really love the atmosphere of a race.
                        Good luck and enjoy the race!

Bring it on.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Good luck PerfesserR. Had one of the worst runs I've had in a really long time today. I had a horrible food day. 1.5 donuts for breakfast, a cup of noodle for lunch and a sprinkles cupcake a little while after that. I planned to run an easy 4 miles but I was starving and a little light headed as I was driving to the gym. I contemplated just going home and getting something to eat but I thought I could tough it out. 2 miles into my run, I thought I was going to pass out. Not the smartest thing I've done.
                          Gig

Yesterday I did four miles faster than planned because it actually felt good for the first time in a week or two. This morning, I've got a 5K race. I don't know if a PR will fall today (24:23), but it's not out of the question. I guess we'll know in a few hours.

...---...

grabbed an easy 5 mi last night before the rain started. Got a big run tomorrow so I'm "carb loading" all day today ;-)

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Happy Valentines Day everyone, A complete stranger gave me a tulip when I was walking to my car. Made my day! Aaron: not the healthiest of choices, but in those cases I grag a mars bar about half an hour before my run. Works like a charm if the run is no longer than an hour. Preferably less ofcourse. Perfesser: run like the wind tomorrow Wink Gig: how was your 5K? Had nice weather? Me: did a one hour UB strength training this morning. Followed by a one hour run on the TM. With the Superfeet, it wasn't painful but I was constantly aware of my foot.

Dutchie