2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-in 9 Feb-15 Feb (Read 321 times)

Dog-Love

Gig I am betting you get a PR close to 22:46 Am I close? Skied mostly this week. 9 miles today
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      I had to throw my schedule out the window this week. Today was supposed to be a 24 miler in preps for my March marathon, but I just couldn't resist running in the inaugural Va is For Lovers 14K. So I rearranged my schedule this week for it. Hopefully it won't hurt my training for the big run. There were a couple of problems with the race today (first time race and all) but overall it was very well run. I had a FANTASTIC run and easily bested my PR for any distance even close to 14K. My goal was 7:10 miles but I ended up doing 6:58's and I left alot on the course. My big complaint is that it seemed like the course was .25 miles short.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Great Job on the PR heffa47. Another 10 mile run for me today, it was cold(for us in LA at least) and I didn't really feel like I warmed up until about 4 miles into the run but I was cold throughout the whole run. Good run overall though, I've been enjoying my longs runs a lot more lately.
        Gig

I PRed, but not by much. 24:13. Considering I haven't done any speedwork in weeks and weeks, and that I've put on about 10 holiday pounds (that's right, it's all the groundhog's fault), I'm pretty happy with it. The thing that stinks, though, is my nemesis (I have a nemesis--he's actually just about my favorite person in the local running community, but my nemesis nonetheless) beat me by almost a minute. I can't wait for the longer races. It was a gorgeous day for a run. Perfect weather (low 40s and clear skies.
          AnneCA

Good job on the PR, Gig. And it sounds like a good set-up for the next one. Heffa -- fantastic race! I finished up the week with a long run today: exactly 12 miles in 2:00:46. Didn't aim for anything quite that round-numbered, but what the heck. It was *pouring* rain, absolutely dumping. My route included two loops (3 miles each) of Lake Merritt, which is ordinarily clogged with joggers on a weekend morning, but I think I saw a total of five other runners out this morning. We all kind of looked at each other like "you're crazy too, huh?" Big grin I wonder how long it will take my shoes to dry out?

Imminent Catastrophe

Mercedes Half Marathon, Birmingham AL. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2131901 My goals were: 1. Don't get lapped (it's a 13.1-mile loop, Marathoners run it twice) 2. Under 2 hrs. I really had no idea if this would happen, it's been a long time since my last race and my training has been...lacking. I haven't run long at 9:00 pace for a long, long time. So, I ran a 1:57:33 and met both my goals! Yay! Cool I'm especially pleased at my pace which was pretty consistent from 8:32 to 9:08/mile (that was an uphill). The Marathon winner ran about a 2:22 so I had some cushion. It's a very well-organized race with nice goodies, two t-shirts--a long-sleeve cotton and a tech short-sleeved finisher shirt. BBQ and beer at the finish! Lots of turns, however and a few hilly sections that would have been tough on the second loop at mile 20. Maybe I'll do the full next year. Aside from a blister on my right foot, no problems. I feel like I'm finally back after an off-year.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

Awesome Russ, awesome. 16 miles for me today at 10:16 pace with the last 6 miles at <10 mi /mi. i was please with the pacing considering that this time last year, that pace and the distance would have killed me. a decent running week for me too, finally almost over my cold. as a result, i made up some distance on the bunny...should be able to pass it again this week. perfesser - i think i may have recruited another run buddy for the twisted ankle in may. mta - nice work heffa and gig. mta2 - loving the nb 769's. mi="" i.="" i="" was="" please="" with="" the="" pacing="" considering="" that="" this="" time="" last="" year,="" that="" pace="" and="" the="" distance="" would="" have="" killed="" me.="" a="" decent="" running="" week="" for="" me="" too,="" finally="" almost="" over="" my="" cold.="" as="" a="" result,="" i="" made="" up="" some="" distance="" on="" the="" bunny...should="" be="" able="" to="" pass="" it="" again="" this="" week.="" perfesser="" -="" i="" think="" i="" may="" have="" recruited="" another="" run="" buddy="" for="" the="" twisted="" ankle="" in="" may.="" mta="" -="" nice="" work="" heffa="" and="" gig.="" mta2="" -="" loving="" the="" nb=""></10 mi /mi. i was please with the pacing considering that this time last year, that pace and the distance would have killed me. a decent running week for me too, finally almost over my cold. as a result, i made up some distance on the bunny...should be able to pass it again this week. perfesser - i think i may have recruited another run buddy for the twisted ankle in may. mta - nice work heffa and gig. mta2 - loving the nb 769's.>

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Jill_B

I fly.

Great job Perfesser!

Bring it on.

Dog-Love

Great job all of you racers! I ended the week with a fairly nice easy 6 miles See you enxt week
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks y'all. Trey--you've signed up for the ING? DW and I are doing the HM. I'd hoped to be ready for the full but, not this time. Looks like you're well on your way, with a nice 16-miler and negative splits! No pneumonia this time Tongue

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

...---...

Perfesser - Yep, I'm signed up for ING and, knock on wood, I've already had my round of illness this winter so yeah hopefully good to go. Maybe we can meet up for a bit if time allows although you'll probably be coming in that morning. I'm starting to get excited about this race...finally.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Trey-- Cool! We're staying in Atlanta the night before, maybe we can meet up. The ING is really a nice race, it's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. In '07 I did the full. It was really hot that year and they didn't have sportsdrink at the aid stations, it was a bad scene. The last 10k was brutal. In '08 it was cold and windy and organization was much better, even though downtown was hit by a tornado a few days before (yes, a tornado--in March!) and tore the roof off the Convention Center where the expo was supposed to be. They recovered nicely. The race itself is a nice tour of the Neighborhoods, with the Dogwoods in bloom it can be really scenic.