2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly checkin for week 12/15 - 12/21 (Read 274 times)

Gig

Officially, it's tang sudo. But we also do a bit of traditional and Brazillian jujitsu and other styles. Last night after class we got into a discussion of chi kung (or qigong), a very low impact exercise designed to increase focus on you chi and promote healing.

Imminent Catastrophe

Ran across the Pensacola Bay Bridge to Gulf Breeze and back. Not as good as it sounds. There's just a narrow bike path and you're a couple feet away from LOUD traffic roaring by at high speed, it's like running along the interstate. And once started you have to go all the way across the bay--can't cross over and turn around because of a dividing wall, unless you turn around and run with traffic (dangerous!). Still, there was some nice scenery, lots of pelicans, and I felt good physically so it was a pretty nice run after all.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Sounds like a beautiful place once you get rid of the highway! I love pelicans. Glad your runs are feeling better!
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks Crabby, the pelicans were cool, and so many of them! Plus, on the return trip I plugged in the iPod and was singing along at the top of my lungs while running along. which partially drowned out the traffic noise. The people driving by probably thought I was crazy, but it was fun and made the second half of the run enjoyable.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016