2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check in: 20-26 September (Read 346 times)

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

Heffa: congrats on your race and award!

drphibes: That the guy was in there wasn't a big deal, it was actually kinda funny Wink but it just was extra time for me to get to the next one and I was gunning for a PR.

This morning my R-ankle was pretty stiff and sore. It got better as the day wore on, so I'm hoping this will be over soon.

Started the week with a 30 nminute chest and ab workout, followed by a 34 minute cardio/core workout (lots of jumping) and a 20 min LB w/o. Ankle was noticeable, but not painful.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Heffa and Dutchie: Great race times! Finished off last week with beautiful weather - 8 miles on Saturday (6 at slightly faster than HM pace) 3 yesterday and a slow foggy 6 this morning. Tomorrow leg and shoulder workout with the trainer. Less busy at the office this week so I can rest, cook some healthy meals and start freaking out about the race... Next season I should race more like you guys. A

Recalculating...

Just a dude.

Good racing guys... 

Sounds like everyone is running pretty well for a change.

I got 81 miles in last week, plan on 80+ again this one... About 3 more weeks of base building and then I'm gonna attack the hills...

Keep at it!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Dutchie42

Kelly: where do you find the time to run 80+ miles a week?

Ayola: you've got a few more weeks before you have to freak out Joking 

Yesterday was a back w/o incl.planks and a short run on the TM. I did Runerval 1.0, which is the easiest one, but somehow it was very tough yesterday. Guess I hadn't fully recovered from the race yet. Or something. My ankle was noticeable, but not painful. So that's good, right?

Today will be a 60 min easy run. I'm still debating whether I should go outside with Spooky, or stay on the TM. If the ankle acts up, I can easily hop off, but when I'm outside I may still have to see myself home for 3+ kilometers. I'll let you know later what I've done. 

Dutchie

Just a dude.

Kelly: where do you find the time to run 80+ miles a week?

Well, Monday thru Friday I get up a few minutes early and run 2-3 miles...  Sometimes Sunday too...

Then in the afternoon after work I run roughly 60-90 minutes (7-11 miles)

Saturday morning is a long run usually before the family wakes up... 14-18 miles...

Last week was around 11 hours of running total...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

HappyFeat

Ayola: you've got a few more weeks before you have to freak out Joking 

That's right...this is my week to freak out...which is exactly what is happening...complete with "WHAT was I thinking!?" "I'm so unprepared for this!" "I've just pulled a muscle that will never heal by Sunday!" "what if I can't figure out the shuttle bus pick-up location?" and so it goes.   (sigh) My voice of reason tells me it's true that I'm not in top form, but signing up was supposed to #1 keep my spirits up while being limited to running every other day and #2 help me get a Long Run back into my weekly running and  it's certainly done both of those things.

I also have had the unbelievable good fortune to find an excellent physical therapist - my third visit was tonight. She really truly knows exactly what the problem is and what to do about it.  No quick fix of course, but I feel a sense of relief about it all and am eager to see how my running progresses over the next year. 

So tonight I'm flickering between Freak-Out and the Big Picture.

MTA:

Russ - so sad about your great aunt Ione's passing before you could get back there to see her - a significant loss for you and your wife.

Dutchie - I looked at the videos and pics from your run, but can't read any of the bib numbers.  Were you wearing a purple shirt??

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

OK, I'll postpone the freak out until you done! Really Happy you have been a consistent, prepared and careful runner despite nagging injuries. Just have fun this weekend and you may surprise yourself!

Hard leg workout yesterday so I'm taking a rest day - first day off in awhile.

If I ran 11 hours a week (no weight training or other XT) I might make it to 55-58 miles... I got a ways to go.

Happy Wednesday, A

Recalculating...

Thanks for all the props on the racing stuff!  It really feels good to be back in the groove and injury free (knock on wood).  Seems like there are some low spots on the board recently.  About a year ago I was in the same boat.  It took a lot of hard work and patience but it has all paid off.  I am sure all of you can work through it too.

A - Racing for me really gives me the challenge that I am looking for and keeps me motivated.  The big race is just getting out there consistently and you are winning that race all the time!

Dutchie - Good luck with the ankle.  Doesn't sound like much to be worried about but some caution definitely sounds like a good idea.

Kelly - You are an animal!

Happy - Sounds like deep down you have the right attitude about this race.  Try to relax and enjoy yourself.

Dutchie42

HappyFeat: you'll do great! Like Ayola said, you've been consistent. And that's the most important thing. I'm wearing a dark blue shirt (with Athlon on the front), dark tights and a dark blue Adidas cap with white stripes. You can see me best at the finish line. I'm passing the two guys in the orange jackets on the left. It's nice they have the video and photos, but I'm barely recognisable.

Heffa: ankle feels much better. I'm wondering if it was the shoes. I've got over 400 kilometers on those shoes. They usually last me about 500 kilometers before I stop using them for long runs and about 600 kilometers in all.

Kelly: me too, I wouldn't get passed 55 miles or so. I'm too slow.

Yesterday was a shoulder w/o and a 7.88 kilometer run on the TM. But is it an interval run or a tempo run? I've logged it as a tempo run for now.

10 min @ 9.0K/h

10 min @ 9.5K/h

10 min @ 10.0K/h

10 min @ 9.5K/h

10 min @ 9.0K/h

Kinda tough, but doable. Didn't feel tired afterwards. Legs felt great.

This morning I'll go out with Spooky for a 90 min run.

Dutchie

HappyFeat

OK  Dutchie now I can pick you out - that's pretty cool for you and fun for us to see you running in an eventBig grin

I appreciate all the encouragement for the upcoming weekend. I hope it goes well. If nothing else, it will be a fun break out of  my fishbowl.

Dutchie42

I just signed up for the 15K 7-heuvelenloop on 21 November (7-hills race). The name says it all. And since there are no hills anywhere around here, it's going to be a very interesting race Wink If I do well, I'll sign up for a very hilly race (even worse than this one) on 27 December. Burn off some of those Xmas calories Big grin

Dutchie

Here is the finish line camera from my little 8K last weekend.  It's funny that there is not a soul in front of me or behind me.

http://finishcam.com/VA/Best-Foot-Forward-8k-2010/WatchVideo.aspx?Id=JcEm1kVt7Ta5s3ufQtWSHuIcCdj1UdtZ

Dutchie42

Jeff: my laptop won't play it. But sub 34 min for 8 kilometers is fantastic!

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

I appreciate all the encouragement for the upcoming weekend. I hope it goes well. If nothing else, it will be a fun break out of  my fishbowl.

That race looks beautiful! I miss the PNW.

I have...TAPER MADNESS Surprised! Accckk!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

sub 34 min for 8 kilometers is fantastic!

I agree!! The videoclip worked for me just fine and it was very fun to see you run across the finish line...all by yourself...probably because you left everyone else eating your dust! Great job!