2000Km-1243 mile club

June Already? (Read 486 times)

HappyFeat

Here's a link to an interesting website with diagrams about anatomy. The link is to muscle part. You can click on different areas of the diagram for more information or expand the entries of the columns on the left. The "insert link" button isn't working for me; so you'll have to cut and past this into your browser.

http://www.innerbody.com/image/musbov.html

It doesn't show the hamstring connecting directly in the middle of the knee pit; but that doesn't mean you aren't on the right track, Jeff.

MTA Ran 12 for my LR on the flat today. Last mile hurt a bit; otherwise it went pretty well.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

HappyFeat

Since I apparently have nothing better to do, I'm posting some pics of my weeknight "neighborhood" running route.

this is heading home down my street

Imminent Catastrophe

Beautiful! 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Nice pics Happy.  It's just a little more crowded here.

I've tried a couple of tentative runs over the last couple of days and it appears whatever the injury was is not serious.  I can still feel some tenderness in the back of the knee and lower hamstring but nothing I would concern myself with on a normal day.  I did 2 miles easy yesterday with no problems so tomorrow on my day off I'm going to try for 3 or 4 just a little faster.  A couple more easy/short runs next week and then I might be out of this silly schedule and back to some serious training.  Of course the hard part is going to be ramping back up slowly when my training plan is calling for 25-30 mpw.

Imminent Catastrophe

I finally got in a little running and the ankle felt good throughout. I set the TM at 8-10% at a good fast walk, then ran a couple easy miles. Yay! There's hope, maybe I'll be able to do Tahoe after all, most likely I'll downgrade to the 50k. 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

HappyFeat

Yaay for running! There's always hope, PerfesserRWink I think you're wise to switch to the 50K.

Pretty pics Happy, reminds me of my runs in Maine (minus the mountain in the background).

I'm just settling in to the June schedule, weight training is kicking my butt although my 6-8 mile runs feel easy and have firmly dropped into 11m/m (I'm such a slow poke compared to you guys but for me that's great) I'm doing one 10K pace run per week to prep for a July 10K.

Perfesser - I'm glad that injury is improving!

A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Good work Ayola  

I admire your ability to fit weight training into the picture.

I'm taking a vacation day today, so got my run in early. 8 miles with the middle 5 right around 10 mpm. Probably the best I've done so far.

HappyFeat

Ran 14 for my LR today - realized it's been over 2 months since I ran that far. Been doing mostly 10M and some 12M. I planned on running 12 today, but was a little over-caffeinated and primed from 3 days of yoga and a massage appt helping improve my back pain - so I ran out 7 and turned around figuring I'd walk the rest of the way home if I couldn't do it. It actually went better than last Saturday's 12M. I tried to keep it around 11 mpm because that was the pace at which nothing really hurt. Every time something started to hurt, I noticed my pace was around 10:30. Slowing down made it more comfortable again.  So I'm very pleased. I still have a month and a half to reach my self-imposed goal of 16 miles, which I feel is quite doable after today's experience.

Highlights of the trail: seeing a bald eagle perched in the top of a tall tree, lots of bright yellow goldfinches out and about, and a family of quail - mom, pop, and what seemed like a couple dozen babies no larger than a half-cup size (or is that a half pint?) - spilled out of some tall grass, ran along the trail in front of me and then veered back into the tall grass. Those babies were the cutest things.

Great job Happy, you are way ahead of me in terms of getting up to +HM mileage by the end of the summer. I'm watching your progress so I can emulate it.

This weekend I ran 8 yesterday easy and today shortened my 4 miler to 3.5. Thunderstorms rolled in and therefore miles 2.5-3 were basically a sprint for cover! Does that count for interval training?

Since it continues to be a rainy day, I'm at the office making my work week a little easier... happy sunday A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Ayola, I think two things have made the most difference for me. One is not stopping during my runs and I still can't believe I never knew what a difference that makes in developing endurance fitness. The other has been the Wednesday night medium-long run of 8M.

Right now, I'm playing with increasing the distance of the Monday night 6M to 7 or 8, but I crashed and burned when I tried that last week. I'd also like to get my Tues/Thurs recovery runs to 4M, but I'm not there yet either. Eventually it will come.

A + Happy - Both of you are doing great, keep up the good work!

I think I'm on my last 12 hour night tonight!  I get one day off then back for 10 hour nights.  I may not know what to do with an extra 2 hours off.  Then next week I am back to 40 hours.....Yeah!

Russ - How's the ankle?

HappyFeat

Thanks Jeff and WHOO HOO for the end of your long haul!

Imminent Catastrophe

Bah, after a couple of easy runs the ankle is biting me again. This will take longer than I thought. Hopefully I'll be OK for Peachtree, of course I can always walk that 6.2-mile block party. 

HappyFeat

This being out of commission has got to be really rough on you, PerfesserRSad  Is there nothing that will speed the healing?  I've heard that walking on a treadmill at a 12% incline mimics running without being running. I have no idea if this is actually true - but is that an option for you?

Hey Pukekura and drphibes - how are you guys doing?

Was wondering today if Dutchie will ever check back in...been awhile.

Ran 7 tonight at an easy pace. Beautiful evening in my neighborhood (see previously posted pics - pretty much just like that! - didn't want to go back inside).