2000Km-1243 mile club

It's March (Read 13 times)

Yay Boston! Nothing much to report here unless you like snow... Made through 12 miles on Sunday, taking it easy this week.

happy Thursday, A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

Oh well. When I woke for today's HM it was pouring rain, cold (45°F) and lightning. The RD postponed the start twice then canceled. I wasn't really eager to run in that weather anyway.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Would you have done it if they didn't cancel? Sounds like miserable and risky conditions.

I ran 12 on a stretch of paved bike trail I had never been on before. It was very scenic and a nice route. I was kinda tired the whole way, so it wasn't a stellar outing. The weather is good here today and I think I have yardwork staring me in the face for the afternoon.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

What bad timing Dead.   I strained my achilles this week and it has been slow to heal.  Went for a test run today and I would put it at 50%.  3 weeks out from Boston when I should be putting in the finishing touches on my training and I am on the bench.  My goal is to do several easy runs this week and hope for a bit of a long run this weekend.

HappyFeat

Uh oh Jeff that sucks! Is there anything you can do to speed healing?

Went for a short but strenuous snowshoe hike today.  Overcast and gray skies, but otherwise not bad weather. Not good enough for pictures though. The work week loomsDead

Imminent Catastrophe

What bad timing Dead.   I strained my achilles this week and it has been slow to heal.  Went for a test run today and I would put it at 50%.  3 weeks out from Boston when I should be putting in the finishing touches on my training and I am on the bench.  My goal is to do several easy runs this week and hope for a bit of a long run this weekend.

I got my Boston Marathon Runners Passport today, so I'm getting psyched! Hang in there Jeff. What wave/corral are you in? I'm in wave 2, corral 4.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Jeff - FWIW, check out this site on achilles tendonopathy: http://strengthrunning.com/2013/03/achilles-tendonitis/

Hot cross buns and tea this morning before a short run... I completed my planned workouts (interval run, cross/weight training class, runs), so I'm  feeling positive after a dud rest week. Yesterday I ran 10. 4 easy down to the gym, 4 @ HM pace on the treadmill,, 2 very easy going home. Went well and I was still energized enough  for a busy day around the house.

Canada report; even though its still cold in the morning +/- 0 I'm hearing the birdsong. I think it will be warm enough to paint my front door (bright red!) this  afternoon. house is still in flux so Easter dinner will be on the grill/ smoker.

have a great holiday, A

Recalculating...

Russ - Bib #8895, Wave 1, corral 9.  Runner passport in hand and ready to go.

Happy -  Good article.  It just so happens that I am doing most of what it says.  It might be why I'm noticing improvement.

I'm just about to head out for my last long run (I hope).  I havn't tried more than 6 miles since the achilles started complaining.  I'm shooting for at least 10 but I'll go as long as it lets me.  I could really use a confidence booster going into my taper.

MTA - Just got back from my run and it went better than I could have hoped for.  13 miles pain free.  I kept it slow so it wasn't a full test and I'm definitely not 100% but good to know I am on track.

Jeff - Glad to hear the run went well. Patriots' Day is on its  way....

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

ditto here - glad to hear your test run went so well, Jeff. That's a relief.

Beautiful weather here this weekend - blue skies, sunshine, 50F -  so very nice after many days of gray skies and 40F. .  Nothing special happening here for the holiday. Just enjoying the good weather.  My LR yesterday went extremely well and I feel great today - always happy about that

It's not March anymore but anyway...

I was sick for most of the month with a heavy flu, so that I didn't run for two weeks. The rabbit took the opportunity and passed me. I am now 35Km behind, but steadily approaching it. I hope to pass it again around the middle of April.

Did a nice 15km run today in the hills close to my town. The weather was unstable, and there were some showers that produced a beautiful rainbow. Really nice!

Good running in April!

HappyFeat

Glad you hear you are feeling better, ljmamoreira.  You have plenty of time to overtake the Bunny.  You're right, we should start an April thread. What shall we call it? How about  "in pursuit of Boston 2013" ?

You're right, we should start an April thread. What shall we call it? How about  "in pursuit of Boston 2013" ?

That's fine by me, even if Boston is a bit out of my usual radius...  (Who am I kidding?! Like it's just because Boston is too far away... Big grin)

Cheers,

Ze

HappyFeat

That's fine by me, even if Boston is a bit out of my usual radius...  (Who am I kidding?! Like it's just because Boston is too far away... Big grin)

Cheers,

Ze

I know, right? That says it for me too.  Well we're all pursuing running goals of one kind or another.