2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check-in week of 5 May (Read 261 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Ennay! At least I feel as if I've done everything I could to do well, so we'll see what happens.

Dog-Love

Great 4.5 mile run with 2 friends on a trail. Beautiful day here. Tomorrow...I am thinking of a 5-miler at lunch and then I run really easy with my 4H running club (~20 kids...YIKES they scare me)
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

A Saucy Wench

crap....sick...thats what I get for mentioning aloud my goal of a 50 mile week. Cry

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

dork.major dork.

Ugh.That sucks. Did about 6 last night. Might fit some in tonight, then two longer runs Thursday and Friday, hopefully also yoga tomorrow. I went to yoga last week, and this was not yoga for wimps. I was sore for **days**.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

6+ yesterday at lunch. Did an interval workout. I hit or exceeded all of my pace targets, but I did bail on the last segment. I had already been gone longer than I planned on, and running the final 1km segment would have required me turning back around away from work to be able to run it w/o crossing the highway. But the real reason I bailed was that I was just blowing up in the heat. It was 80°F, which isn't crazy hot, but pretty miserable in the mid-day sun. Still, I was pleased to run fast w/o any hamstring pain.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

dork.major dork.

Globule: Nice work. Were you using a Garmin to know how far you were going? I think I might be ready to incorporate some speed every once in a while, just to beat down the boredom. We'll see.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Globule: Nice work. Were you using a Garmin to know how far you were going? I think I might be ready to incorporate some speed every once in a while, just to beat down the boredom. We'll see.
                Thanks! Yeah, I programmed that sequence into my Garmin as an "Advanced Workout". Therein lies one of the great freedoms of having a Garmin -- that workout would normally have to be done on a track or very well-marked course. During the distance intervals, the screen counts down the remaining distance. During the timed recoveries, the screen counts down the remaining time. And it starts beeping with 5 sec to go in each segment to give you a head's up. One trick I did to was switch the device to metric units for the workout. As a former track guy, I can relate to having 600m to go in an interval (in my head, I think lap-and-a-half) much easier than I can relate to 0.37 miles.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Imminent Catastrophe

4 today, I was planning on my usual 6.2 but the sun came out and it started getting too hot for Daisy, even with a splash in the creek. I need to keep a close eye on the dogs as it warms up, they will keep going until they collapse if you let them.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Teresadfp

One day at a time

5 miles for me today - run from hell. The only good part was that I didn't give up and made it to my planned distance. Tomorrow will be better!

A Saucy Wench

errrggggg still sick. I thought I was getting better, but no dice.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dog-Love

Get better Ennay! Ran 3.1 with kidlets yesterday and today I am off for a 10 mile nooner
                        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Tempo run today, 4.4 miles total. For the 2nd time this week, I bailed out of a pretty good workout due to it being to hot. I have got to fix my schedule so that I don't keep end up doing my quality workouts in the middle of the afternoon. Missed yesterdays run due to severe thunderstorms, so I need to HTFU this weekend to keep the week going right.

C-R

Ennay - hope you feel better Crabby - well done on the consistent miles Jeff - HTFU but that's a redundant statement for a UM fan. Big grin Easy 5 miler today but missed two workouts this week due to family stuff. I need to put in 2 10's this weekend between soccer, softball and baseball (kids keep us hopping) to keep on the 35+ bandwagon.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ennay, how are you feeling today? Rest day for me - feels as if I'm slacking!
                              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Rest day for me - feels as if I'm slacking!
                                Ooh, intentional or not, I hate rest days!