2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check-in week of 5 May (Read 261 times)

Dog-Love

I am heading out for a 6-miler followed by a margarita (Me and Carolyn call this margarunning) as part of our training for an Oct marathon. I imagine when we get to the 14 + runs I won't be feeling much like margarunning anymore. Don't worry...I'll drink water too. Nice jobn all of you...Ennay are you feeling better?
    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

I am heading out for a 6-miler followed by a margarita (Me and Carolyn call this margarunning) as part of our training for an Oct marathon. I imagine when we get to the 14 + runs I won't be feeling much like margarunning anymore. Don't worry...I'll drink water too. Nice jobn all of you...Ennay are you feeling better?
      Most likely you'll enjoy the margaritas even more after 14+ runs!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

Not really but I ran this morning anyway. Kind of in the mode of "resting wasnt making me feel better so fuckit" Smile Maybe I should try margarunning. I always promise myself a hot fudge sundae after a really long run and then I always want grease and protein.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dog-Love

Most likely you'll enjoy the margaritas even more after 14+ runs!
          I sure hope so professor! Because last year when I was training above say 16 miles, all I wanted to do was come home and drink some broth. Right now I am just trying to get 30+ miles per week in.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

I run for Fried Chicken!

Just got back from a 9+ mile run. Fastest run ever! 9:20 pace! Not sure why but I was feeling really good on this run today. I ran an out and back. I was just cruising on the way out and I wanted to run a negative split so I pushed myself on the way back. I was kinda shocked when I calculated my times. Made me happy. Big grin
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

That's awesome, Aaron! It's weird how some runs are so easy, isn't it?? I can't figure it out.

A Saucy Wench

Aaron - Love runs like that. Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

dork.major dork.

4 mile race this morning. I'm exhausted. 29:27. Beat my goal. Fuller race report in the racing forum.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Imminent Catastrophe

5.2 miles from hotel to Castle Morro in San Juan, PR. Muy caliente, muy húmedo! I'm not accustomed to the heat/humidity, but it was a beautiful run along the coast.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Ran a half marathon today (Kirkland, WA ) squeaking in under my optimistic goal of 1:50 at 1:49:55 and also setting a PR by over 3 min. Good running weather (46 at the start, light winds) and the rain held off til after the race.

dork.major dork.

Awesome job Big grin

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.