2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check in for week of 21 July (Read 269 times)

Dutchie42

Hi Trey: always wanna know about fish recipies! Way to go on the monthly high mileage! "I wish I had your motivation for running in the morning." I think you forgot how I moan and groan about running in the dark Big grin It's already dark at 5AM. So pretty soon now I have to start my run in the dark. Upside: I get to see some awesome sun rises Wink Didn't intend or plan to go out for a run today. It was supposed to be a rest from running after 4 consecutive days of running. Did a heavy leg w/o. Been neglecting those a bit lately. But when I looked outside it was just another gorgeous morning. How could I not run? But it was late, so figured half an hour should do. And at slow and easy pace to sort of have my legs get a rest somehow. It was lovely. Nice run. But having done a leg w/o first, boy it wasn't easy!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

A Saucy Wench

Hi Trey: always wanna know about fish recipies! Way to go on the monthly high mileage! "I wish I had your motivation for running in the morning." I think you forgot how I moan and groan about running in the dark Big grin It's already dark at 5AM. So pretty soon now I have to start my run in the dark. Upside: I get to see some awesome sun rises Wink Didn't intend or plan to go out for a run today. It was supposed to be a rest from running after 4 consecutive days of running. Did a heavy leg w/o. Been neglecting those a bit lately. But when I looked outside it was just another gorgeous morning. How could I not run? But it was late, so figured half an hour should do. And at slow and easy pace to sort of have my legs get a rest somehow. It was lovely. Nice run. But having done a leg w/o first, boy it wasn't easy!
      Its dark here at the beginning of my runs too. Not pitch black yet, but dark. Sigh.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Humid today. No wind! Nothing! Sweating like a pg. Jeez. We're not used to humid weather here. And most certainly not early morning. Spooky didn't seem bothered at all. HR was higher than usual. And it was a tough run. It's my fifth consecutive run, so that might have something to do with it too. 6.5K at a real slow and easy pace. Off to do a lb/ub w/o. Have a great day everyone, and a most excellent run.

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

Did a progressive run today. The last mile was probably the fastest mile I've ran in the last 15 years. It gives me some confidence that I might be able to run a 5k in under 25mins.

A Saucy Wench

Aaron - I think progressions are my favorite type of speedwork...wonder why I havent been doing them lately?

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

easy 7.5 mi this morning. a down pour hit us about 3 miles in...considering the humidity and how badly we need rain, the shower was welcomed as we just kept going. by the way, what's a progression run?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

A Saucy Wench

easy 7.5 mi this morning. a down pour hit us about 3 miles in...considering the humidity and how badly we need rain, the shower was welcomed as we just kept going. by the way, what's a progression run?
                start easy, every (period of time or distance) go a little faster, by the end you are going pretty dang fast depending on your goals. I find it one of the least boring ways to dreadmill. It is also good practice if you need help with pacing yourself across a variety of distances. How to run a LITTLE harder. So many of us have 2 gears - EASY and KILL MYSELF. Intervals often just emphasize that

I run for Fried Chicken!

I think progressive runs also help you finish strong. For my run yesterday, after my warm up mile. Mile 1 - 9:39 Mile 2 - 9:01 Mile 3 - 7:58 It was a bigger progression than I normally do, I normally cut each mile by about 30 seconds but I really wanted to see if I could do an 8min mile.

...---...

sounds like a cool work out. thanks. Aaron - I'd say you would be able to run a 5K in <25 for sure. i recently did it in a 5k myself for the first time ever. it hurt, yes, but it happened. now, i find myself falling into comfortable paces at times that previously would have taxed my lungs too much. sometimes i'm amazed at how our bodies respond. hope everyone is having a great weekend. for="" sure.="" i="" recently="" did="" it="" in="" a="" 5k="" myself="" for="" the="" first="" time="" ever.="" it="" hurt,="" yes,="" but="" it="" happened.="" now,="" i="" find="" myself="" falling="" into="" comfortable="" paces="" at="" times="" that="" previously="" would="" have="" taxed="" my="" lungs="" too="" much.="" sometimes="" i'm="" amazed="" at="" how="" our="" bodies="" respond.="" hope="" everyone="" is="" having="" a="" great=""></25 for sure. i recently did it in a 5k myself for the first time ever. it hurt, yes, but it happened. now, i find myself falling into comfortable paces at times that previously would have taxed my lungs too much. sometimes i'm amazed at how our bodies respond. hope everyone is having a great weekend.>

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Absolutely awful run! It was way too hot, too humid. I should've gone out much earlier. Stupid me. I stopped and walked a kazillion times. Really. I couldn't do it today. Spooky was enjoyiing herself. Had to stop and wait for her a few times as she was chasing rabbits or playing with other dogs. Lots of big rain puddles about from last nights thunder storm. She sloved those. But she loves those in the middle of winter too Big grin

Dutchie

...---...

easy 3.5 mi at noon. pleasant run until all the churches let out and traffic picked up. Dutchie - can't wait to hear your stories about Spike and Spooky taking off into some mud field Clowning around Those dogs sure love mud fields.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

3.3 easy along the Allegheny in Pittsburgh. A really nice run on a beautiful day. Then went to the Padres/Pirates game at beautiful PNC Park. Perfect day for a ballgame Cool

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

3.3 easy along the Allegheny in Pittsburgh. A really nice run on a beautiful day. Then went to the Padres/Pirates game at beautiful PNC Park. Perfect day for a ballgame Cool
                            Sigh. I really miss going to ball games. Hopefully by the time the kiddos are old enough to stay up that late or sit reasonably well that long Seattle will have a decent team again.