2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check-In for week August 11 (Read 312 times)

...---...

Yep - Hobbes has a grass salad every single day. Our Daisy doesn't seem to be interested in it at all, however.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

easy 4 miles. Trying out a pair of Saucony Pro-Grids ...bigger toe box than my beloved Mizuno's. Hoping this will help alleviate issues with toe nail bruising/loss. I've been watching the Olympics 24/7 since Friday night's opening ceremonies. Yes, I'm an Olympics addict. Walsh & May in beach volleyball are simply amazing....just made quick work of Norway. Phelps has got to be part amphibian. Not too crazy about water polo but love everything else. I wouldn't mind gong to China one day. Perfesser - 2009 San Fran marathon will be on July 26 - still looking to buy you an Anchor Steam and an Irish coffee at the Buena Vista

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

easy 4 miles. Trying out a pair of Saucony Pro-Grids ...bigger toe box than my beloved Mizuno's. Hoping this will help alleviate issues with toe nail bruising/loss. I've been watching the Olympics 24/7 since Friday night's opening ceremonies. Yes, I'm an Olympics addict. Walsh & May in beach volleyball are simply amazing....just made quick work of Norway. Phelps has got to be part amphibian. Not too crazy about water polo but love everything else. I wouldn't mind gong to China one day. Perfesser - 2009 San Fran marathon will be on July 26 - still looking to buy you an Anchor Steam and an Irish coffee at the Buena Vista
        Hey I uused to go to the Buena Vista!!! Had a blustery 8 miles today and it felt GREAT! Ran with my best friend JJ and we got caught up after a month of being away. Oh... I also spent the evening sitting next to Frank Shorter watching the Olympics at my friend's house. What a wacky world! I just love how interesting life is! I actually may run with him tomorrow. Not fast hopefully.
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Trey--I'd love to return to San Fran if I can, it's such a nice race, and I'll take you up on that visit to Buena Vista! I'm enjoying the Olympics too, but I'm really looking forward to the start of the running events on Friday. Crabby--Frank Shorter? Are you kidding me? He's the guy responsible for me getting into this sport (I'm sure he hears that a lot). That would be so cool to run with him, if I could keep up!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Crabby--Frank Shorter? Are you kidding me? He's the guy responsible for me getting into this sport (I'm sure he hears that a lot). That would be so cool to run with him, if I could keep up!
            He no longer pushes those paces and I think he enjoys an 8-9.5 minute mile for less distance than he used to run. He looks great at 60+ and is here for a book signing about Running Recreationally throughout your life. He truly is an inspiration. With or without him I am running 4 mile trail run today.
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Had a great hill work out. 6 hills in all, 3 of them (3 miles) repeats. Kept the average at 9:42. For me that's really good. I had wanted to run sub 10 min miles but averaged 10:04 and 10:15 on miles 3 and 4 (last 2 repeats). Eh, I'm happy with it and felt good after...a little lower leg pain which I am icing as I write. Also, I'm starting to detect something going on around my hip ball joint area. Hopefully stretching will keep that in check...but may have to relax some of my run intensities if it persists. Anyway, my final mile averaged 8:38, including a hill that ascended ~170 feet over a 0.4 mile stretch. On pace to set another monthly mileage high (maybe I'll stay healthy enough to finally break over the 100 mile mark). Cheers.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

I am going to have a really long slow 16 mile run today with JJ and my dog. Can't say I am looking forward to this but gotta get er done.
                Dutchie42

Excuse the typo's: problem with my right hand. Crabby: are you trianing for a marathon? How was your run with Frank Shorter. Or did I miss that pos? Did an hour of freestyle in the pool today with Mike. He did way better than me. But I did 800 meters, so was pleased with myself. And I had my KM class tonight: that's why I have the problem with the hand. This guy I had to train with has a mean streak to him. He already rendered me defenseless, but then took it up a level. He's been warned by the instructor though. So when he accidently stepped on my toe later on, he was very apologetic (sp?). Couldn't even get the car keys out of the ignition. Turning the key right no problem, turnin it left is undoable. Had to use my left hand to get it out and to get in the front door. Hate to think what my hand's gonna be like tomorrow Sad But hey, I can run tomorrow Clowning around

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Dutchie, is KM Krav Mega? I hear that's really good training. I was doing some similar hand-grappling stuff recently and tore a tendon in my finger, two months later it still isn't right. Crabby--I assume you couldn't work out a run with Frank. Too bad. Still, just watching the Olympics with him must have been really cool! Oh, as for me, nothing today. Spent the day driving down to Atlanta to get a botox injection into my foot. It's so purty now and looks years younger! I'm thinking of running the Marathon de Monaco et des Riviera (Monaco Marathon), next March, a "dream race". That would be so cool, to combine it with a vacation. It runs through France, Monaco, and Italy--3 countries in one race! I hope it works out.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Perfesser: KM = Krav Maga. It's a really good defense training, but not for whimps or wusses. It's full contact and you can get hurt. But it does teach you to really respond to an attack (unlike other defense courses where they just teach you the techniques) and they literally let you feel what it's like to be hit or kicked, or whatever. Men may know this already, but most women have never been in a fight so we (I) have no idea. Did a 10.1K progressive run with Spooky this morning, who was in such a naughty mood I put her on leash after 15 minutes and didn't take her off it till we got home again. Legs felt fine. Felt good actually. I took a walkbreak after every K to get my HR back down to 145. It's not supposed to be a hard w/o on Saturday, but guess missing yesterday's run made me feel like I really wanted to go for it. Afters, I did a slow and heavy leg w/o (30min) and an endurance UB w/o. Shoulders are a bit sore from yesterday's freestyle. Haven't done abs today, but I did on Wed, Thu and yesterday during KM. So guess I'm allowed to skip it today. Took Spike on a one hour walk after my shower. I'm now ready to sit down and read a bit. Got myself a new yoga dvd (AM yoga - Rodney Yee), so I want to do the one focussed on hip openers later today. ETA: my hand is much better. I used biofreeze on the effected area yesterday before bed. It's still a little swollen and is turning blue, but at least I could turn the front door key with my right hand this morning Wink

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Ennay: congrats on making it to the finish: 2000K already Clowning around

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Aaron: congrats too for leaving the bunny behind Clowning around Keep it up!

Dutchie

I run for Fried Chicken!

Aaron: congrats too for leaving the bunny behind Clowning around Keep it up!
                            Thanks! Now the trick is to stay ahead of the bunny. My last couple of runs have been taking me a long time to warm up. Not sure what's going on. I didn't really catch my breathe until about 5.5-6 miles into my run on Wednesday then the run got easy. Happened again on my run yesterday, was about 4 miles into the run before everything started flowing. Anyone else have that same experience?

Dog-Love

Crabby: are you trianing for a marathon? How was your run with Frank Shorter. Or did I miss that pos? Clowning around
                              I am training for an october Victoria marathon and yesterday's run makes me want to run the half! Bad gut trouble and had to cut it short at 14. This is a link to Frank Shorter's visit in Juneau where he stayed with my friends. http://juneauempire.com/stories/081408/loc_318614098.shtml Anyway...no run with F. Shorter but definitely interesting talking with him (mostly about doping). It was cool to talk with him about growing up a fast runner. He still has the runner's body but likes other forms of crosstraining as he ages. If you live in Boulder you could probably track him down somewhere Anyone here running the marathon in Victoria? MTA: Aaron...I am definitely having that problem lately where my legs feel pretty stiff for 4-6 miles. Used to be 1.5 miles and I was feeling pretty good. Also..great job Ennay
                              Dutchie42

I just finished my annual bad run. I'm not talking hard run, or tough run or HTFU run. I'm talking my legs did not want to move... My legs were not tired, or tight. Just a little DOMS in the inner thighs. Nothing wrong with my breathing. HR was approx. 150, where it should be. I wasn't having any bathroom issues. i'd had a nice pasta dish yesterday. Had plenty of sleep. Had breakfast, twice. I was really looking forward to my run. I'd planned a 23-25K long run. I like long runs. Weather was nicely cool with a little wind. Everything seemed just fine. But I had a hell of a time moving my legs. At the 10K point I decided to go home. All in all, I barely ran/walked 15.7K Surprised I usually have 1-2 bad runs like this a year. How many do you have?

Dutchie