2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check-in week of 12 May (Read 356 times)

A Saucy Wench

How can you not look forward to a trail run??? Hey Ennay...I am running Marathon in October (Victoria) and I guess I should be thinking of laying out a training plan...Is yours custom for you? Hard to believe its almost 18-weeks out
    Cause I am sniffly and snuffly and its a hard run (can you hear the whine oozing through the keyboard?) Yeah...mine is custom. I start with one of the higdon plans. Actually I kind of start with 2 of the higdon plans and take pieces from each. But I dont want to back my mileage up to where he starts so I tweak that. With some stuff to fit in my team runs. Oh and then I have to rearrange things to fit in my summer races. And the weekend days that dh is gone from 5 am to 8 pm and I cant do a run unless I pay a babysitter. And by the time it is done it looks nothing like a higdon plan Big grin The crazy part is my running partner is ok with this

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

Crabby: I have an October marathon too. We can encourage eachother through the lazy Summer days then Big grin Are you an AM runner or a PM runner? I actually took the training plan from the non-runners marathon book, mixed it with Higdons Novice 2 training plan. Tweaked it so I would start at the level I was at at the time. Tweaked it here and there to make sure I had at least 4x30K, 1x33K and 1x36K with appropriate cut back weeks. Tweaked it further to fit my schedule. Tweaked it again to accomodate for the flu and a hip injury. And then after my knee injury sort of (not quite) followed PT's orders. I think I did too many doggie runs with Spike though. Think it influenced my speed. Spike isn't any good at higher temps so this time round I'll be running with Spooky mostly. Taking Spike on short recovery runs only. ETA: I'll have to start thinking about my next training plan then Confused

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Looks like you did everything right! Mainly, quality mileage in training. Good work!
        Guess all that running in the rain and stormy weather for hours paid off then Smile

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Go Dutchie! Incidentally, I saw someone with a license plate that said 'dutchy' this weekend and it made me think of you.
          Aaron: when I was in Belgium they actually had a clothing brand called Dutchy. Made me smile Smile

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

Maybe we need to rename our group the "tweak the plan" club. Big grin

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dutchie42

How about the Tweaky check in Clowning around Just finished a 3K recovery run on the TM (softer surface seemed like a good idea). Was afraid my knees would hurt but no. Calves felt a bit heavy at first but soon loosened up. May have been from this mornings leg w/o. Stretched too.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

Hello Perfesser, Amsterdam is on 19 October. So got a few months to work on speed. Care to join me? I'll empty a room for you to stay Wink ...
                I'd love to do that marathon, I imagine it's pretty flat, being in Amsterdam. Unfortunately, not this year Sad

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

dork.major dork.

Dutchie: Congrats on the marathon! That's awesome! Did 6.4 after work, felt great. Trying to hit 25 for the week, at least.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Sunday: 5k race plus 1 mile warmup plus 1.3 mile run later in the day because I was still hyper! Monday: 5 miles Tuesday: 10.5 miles (PR for distance). Hoping for 34 miles or so this week, if I'm not too tired tomorrow.

dork.major dork.

Congrats on the 5k and on the distance PR Big grin That rocks.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

A Saucy Wench

WOW that trail run was every bit as hard as I feared...and then some. I cant remember the last time I walked so much of it.

Dutchie42

Ennay: has it been a while since you last ran that trail? Did an endurance based LB w/o this morning and endurance based chest/back and shoulders workout. Ran out of time so I'll have to do biceps/triceps/abs this evening. After my PT appointment. Wonder what she'll think about my amazing L-knee?!

Dutchie

Marquess of Utopia

Dutchie, Congrats on the marathon!

A Saucy Wench

Ennay: has it been a while since you last ran that trail? Did an endurance based LB w/o this morning and endurance based chest/back and shoulders workout. Ran out of time so I'll have to do biceps/triceps/abs this evening. After my PT appointment. Wonder what she'll think about my amazing L-knee?!
                              No I ran it pretty recently, and even the first time I ran it this year wasnt this hard. I am just not recovering from this illness. I feel like I am better, but even a 3 mile recovery run at the gym is leaving my muscles sore. And I did the same really lame token ab work at the gym on Monday that I always do and my abs are sore.

Dutchie42

Just registered for a 10K race on 1 June with lots of Dutch writers and comedians. The race will be led by a famous (in Holland) biologist who considers running not part of the evolution. He'll ride a Solex to show the way Clowning around The race is for charity: sponsoring school kids in South Africa. I actually registered for the running shirt. Loved the print on it. How shallow am I? Big grin

Dutchie