2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check-in week of 12 May (Read 356 times)

A Saucy Wench

Hey a cool shirt is a better reason than most things!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ennay, I'm tweaking Higdon, too! I'm NOT going to drop down on the mileage I've worked so hard to achieve! It's nice having a flexible running partner! Mine is that way, too. I tell her the plan each week, and she says, "Sure!" I told her to speak up if she wants to do someting different, but I guess she trusts me. Scary. I ended up taking the day off, because I'm sore and tired after my long run yesterday. DS15 assured me that's OK, because he always rests the day after his long runs, too.

Imminent Catastrophe

A double today! Treadmill 1.4 warmup then 6.2 easy run with Daisy in the morning. Then 2.9 in the afternoon. I can't remember the last time I did a double. Also retired my fourth pair of shoes in a month, all these shoes that I was rotating through last year (1500 miles) finally hit 400 miles this month.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Well what a coincidence perfessor because I just did a double today too. A fast 5K with a friend at noon and the a Sloooowwww 2..5 mile run with my 12 kids in my running group. Lots of fun though. I still have not logged a long run in awhile and perhaps I will do that on Friday. Must look into tweaking some plan this weekend
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Dutchie42

Didn't get to do biceps/triceps/abs yesterday eve, so I did them this morning. Didn't have anything else on tap for this morning anyway Smile Will put a run in later today. I tend to skip my ab workouts, so here's my challenge for the remainder of the month: 15xabs workouts. One a day. Already did one today, so 14 left to go Smile Ennay: love the avatar Smile

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I decided to take off yesterday and today, because I'm still feeling pooped from Tuesday. I'll get back to it in the morning - may do a double to make up a few miles. Teresa

dork.major dork.

Nice week, everyone! I did almost 6 tonight, similar planned for tomorrow. I'm thinking about attempting my first 10+ mile run in six months over the weekend, but I won't have my partner with me and my allergies are acting up, so I might need to split it into two shorter runs. I'll tweak as necessary. Wink

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

A Saucy Wench

I took off 2 days too and I am heading to the coast tomorrow. This is going to be a looooowwww mileage week. Vacation before the ramp? Thanks Dutchie...it was time for a new avatar.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, I'll be off the next few days due to travel, maybe I can work in a few treadmill miles (yuck). Hey, you do what you can. Anyway, keep posting everyone!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Had a beautiful although tiring 6 miler on some trails north of my house by a bit. Think I'll take a day off tomorrow.
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      Dutchie42

Here's my running pics http://www.sportograf.de/01,21,288.html No finishing pic. Think the photographer left by then Confused

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

Went out for a 9 miler this morning ...slow but ok and for the first time in 2 weeks I am not devastatingly sore after a run so hopefully I am mended. Will have a pretty light running weekend and then back to full throttle next week. Big grin Off to check out dutchies photo now!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good news, Ennay!! I was happy that my 5.1 miles this morning felt really good. My running partner and I included a couple of hills, and they didn't feel bad at all. Afterwards, we did our twice-weekly stretching/strength Y class. Whoo hoo! Have a great weekend!!
                            Dutchie42

Ha, it rained again! But if felt nice and refreshing. Spike chased after a rabbit, and I chased after Spike. Spooky ran circles around us both (literally). Was a nice run. Calves felt a little heavy, but they always do if I skip more than one day of running. Totalled 6.5K today.

Dutchie

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ran 4 Friday at lunch, then another 10 late that night on the treadmill. It was originally gonna be an interval workout, but I wasn't feeling it. And I figure with a limited mileage base, any chance to pile 'em on is a good thing.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.