2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Check-In for 11/24-11/30 (Read 405 times)

Dutchie42

Gooooood Morning everyone, New week! New start? 7K in the slushy mushy snow this morning. There was sooo much light. Like running with a full moon?! Didn't need my head lilght at all. Great run. HR seemed low. Feel sleepy right now. Better start moving again. Have a great week everyone Big grin

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Cold steady rain today, so it's 4 miles on the dreadmill with Coach Daisy supervising in exchange for chewies, watching Numb3rs on the TiVo. Cool show. BTW cold steady rain is a good thing when you're in an extreme drought, as we are. Smile

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

BTW cold steady rain is a good thing when you're in an extreme drought, as we are. Smile
        I thought they classified us as in "exceptional" drought...which is apparently worse than extreme...or has the status been upgraded to extreme. Nevertheless - it's bad. No running today, rest day.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

I thought they classified us as in "exceptional" drought...which is apparently worse than extreme...or has the status been upgraded to extreme. Nevertheless - it's bad...
          Trey, you are correct. You guys in the Carolinas are still "exceptional" (and that's not a good thing). We slackers here in North Georgia were "exceptional" last Fall but due to some timely rainfall we got demoted to merely "extreme". Whatever it is called, we all welcome the rain. Another inch of rain today, I hope y'all got some too. I'm thirsty.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

...---...

due to some timely rainfall we got demoted to merely "extreme". Whatever it is called, we all welcome the rain.
            demoted to extreme. funny - The Chicago river has also been upgraded from toxic to merely polluted. Things are looking up all around Smile Looking to put in 23 miles this week - does that sound like too much going into the 4th week of recovery? I feel pretty good and motivation is back to near normal.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Gig

To me, you're all exceptional. Saturday was the Rehoboth Beach Marathon. I'm still working on a race report. Maybe later today. Yesterday I ran 4.5, and I'll probably go out for two or three more short runs this week. My legs hurt constantly except for when I'm running, so I'm less inclined to spend time recovering, but I knkow I should, and I suppose I will. Sigh. Roll eyes

...---...

To me, you're all exceptional.
                Nice one.
                Saturday was the Rehoboth Beach Marathon.
                Better hurry. Dutchie loves those reports. Big grin

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Nice one. Better hurry. Dutchie loves those reports. Big grin
                  No kidding, get me that race report!!!

Dutchie

...---...

LOL Dutchie. Easy 3 miles at <10/mile pace. felt really good. ile="" pace.="" felt="" really="" good.=""></10/mile pace. felt really good. >

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Uh...Gig...race report???? So now I have to run more seeing that you are on my virtual tail. I had a wonderful 5.5+ mile run in the slushy trails of Juneau. Getting into the low 30s and even with lower motivation than normal, I had a great run. I plan on a short one tomorrow and then a longish one on Thanksgiving
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

...Getting into the low 30s and even with lower motivation than normal, I had a great run. ...
                        Low 30s? Well, it was 18° here in Georgia. You Alaskans need to come down to Dixie to really experience cold weather! Ha! Big grin Sorry Crabby, I couldn't resist. Gig is quickly learning that the stress of a marathon is nothing compared to the pressure of the 2k group demanding a race report.

Dog-Love

Low 30s? Well, it was 18° here in Georgia. You Alaskans need to come down to Dixie to really experience cold weather! Ha! Big grin Sorry Crabby, I couldn't resist. Gig is quickly learning that the stress of a marathon is nothing compared to the pressure of the 2k group demanding a race report.
                          OK so its not so cold...darn warm actually...but when it does get cold...I hope I get to whine. Dixie sounds quite southern...I guess a great place to ranch whatever it is you ranch out there
                          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                          Dutchie42

Gig is quickly learning that the stress of a marathon is nothing compared to the pressure of the 2k group demanding a race report.
                            uhm, did the race report go missing? Gig, are you still recovering from the marathon? I have a confession: I was up at 5AM, I got dressed in my running stuff, I got Spooky all dressed up too, opened the front door, looked, looked again, then went back in, put Spooky in the living room who I'm sure was totally confused, and went back to bed, running gear and all. Slept till 7h30, AGAIN! Felt very much better and alive when I woke up.

Dutchie

...---...

I have a confession: I was up at 5AM, I got dressed in my running stuff, I got Spooky all dressed up too, opened the front door, looked, looked again, then went back in, put Spooky in the living room who I'm sure was totally confused, and went back to bed, running gear and all. Slept till 7h30, AGAIN! Felt very much better and alive when I woke up.
                              That's nothing - I recently slept walked and folded dirty laundry stacking it neatly in the tub. I have no recollection of it at all but I've been known to sleep walk from time to time...like the time I took all of the light bulb from the lamps and put them in bed with me and wife. Weird, huh. Happy Thanksgiving.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

uhm, did the race report go missing? Gig, are you still recovering from the marathon? I have a confession: I was up at 5AM, I got dressed in my running stuff, I got Spooky all dressed up too, opened the front door, looked, looked again, then went back in, put Spooky in the living room who I'm sure was totally confused, and went back to bed, running gear and all. Slept till 7h30, AGAIN! Felt very much better and alive when I woke up.
                                Uh...who the heck is Spooky? Sounds almost human...but I bet he's your doggie. Trey...leave those lightbulbs alone I got a nice and slow 3+ miler in today in nasty wind and rain. Not cold though! Just 38