2000Km-1243 mile club

May 2014 (Read 9 times)

A mile repeat may be long for practicing for a 5k race, perhaps better for 10k/ HM repeats. You may want to that just once. You want to go into the race rested. How long does it typically take you to (fully) recover from faster running?

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

The length of my recovery depends on how fast and how hard the workout was. Seems like at least a week though.  I'm trying to monitor this so I can see whether or not once a week is perhaps too often.  It was recently suggested that I include some 100-yard dashes in the last couple miles of my regular runs - but I've been completely unable to do that yet due to tired legs. It's not going to happen tonight either. I've had a headache all day and feel quite tired already. I'm hoping the gorgeous evening will perk me up enough to enjoy my run; but there's no way I'm going to push the pace tonight.

MTA:  uh oh! It's June already!

MTA #2: and the longer I sit here, the more energy drains out of me! OK, it's time to kick the can down the road!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

HappyFeat

I must be accident prone this week or something! I managed to catch my leg and yank my unhappy hamstring and sciatic nerve today. Had a lousy and short run tonight. Sitting on a heating pad now. Sure hope tomorrow is better, but not sure I can do my planned tempo after all.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.