2000Km-1243 mile club

April 2012 (Read 315 times)

Crickets

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

I got nothin', just puttering along - an easy 6 miler this morning...

A

Recalculating...

Running Rev'd

Woohoo! Starting April with the pace bunny well behind me. Training for Flying Pig is going alright. My allergies and this early warmth & humidity are not.

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Popping in to say Hi .... just joined the group yesterday.    The last couple of years, I never even hit 900 miles, so 1243 will be a great improvement.  Smile

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Running Rev'd

Popping in to say Hi .... just joined the group yesterday.    The last couple of years, I never even hit 900 miles, so 1243 will be a great improvement.  Smile

Wow! Well, it looks like you're well on-track for that. Way to go!

Called to Endure - Blog

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Thanks KMays ..... I am working up to a 25K next month. (yikes) so have been pushing my mileage.   Feels good to have a goal again.  Smile

~Mary

~unknown

Hi there hopeful4ever..  You are going well so far.  Good luck with your 25km.

BTW, nice dogs.  Do you get to run with them much?  My dog is too much of a goose to take for a run. Roll eyes

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Just entered Rotorua Marathon - a little over 3 weeks away I think.  Thought I had better do some speed work so went out for a 9km run last night - sub 5min/km. Felt good.

Hoping I still have my endurance base.

The Rotorua Marathon is one of those races I have never been satisfied with.  Previous years just targeted sub 4, but this year just going out to enjoy the experience.

Good work Ayola, 6miles...about 9km I guess?

And we have kmays targeting her first marathon - have fun.These next couple of months are gonna fly by.

Don't know if it is my imagination but we seem to have more people above the bunny this year.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Finally getting some solid training in the past week. My overall training totals aren't that bad, but my lack of consistency is laughable.

Wed-Tues was the biggest training week I've ever had, and I finished it off with a hard workout I was disappointed I had to cut short because I ran out of time -20min ½ pace or Daniels T pace (same thing for me), 10 min easy, 20 more minutes (turned into 11:30 because I had a meeting to get to)

I was amazed at how easy the first 20 min felt. I know I was going to feel the last 4-5 min, but didn't get the chance to get there. Might be for the best, it finished off 10K more than I've ever run in a  7 day stretch before. I'm starting to feel it a bit now, but I don't think that's a bad thing 7 weeks out from my marathon.

BTW, I'll be attempting to break 2000km for the first time this year as well. I'm not sure how much running I'll get in after August, (kid #2 on the way) so I may try to get it done by then.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

BTW, nice dogs.  Do you get to run with them much?  My dog is too much of a goose to take for a run. Roll eyes

I used to run all the time with Brinkley (in my avatar) but he injured his rear leg last October and had to have his ACL repaired and he also tore up a lot of cartilege.   He is using it almost 95% of the time now, but I hesitate on taking him out with me yet.     He sure loved it, and he made me run faster!!

I sure didn't want to get out of bed to run this morning, but knew I had to undue some of the damage from pizza and beer last night.   4 miles @ 5 a.m. - 30° without any wind.   I just tried to take it slow and wanted to go for 5 or 6 miles, but the pizza was saying no - I needed to get home if ya know what I mean.

Each mile was faster than the last though and I am happy with my run.

Happy Thursday!!

~Mary

~unknown

Running Rev'd

Happy Thursday!

I was supposed to get up this morning and run 5 miles, but it didn't happen. I'm hoping I can squeeze in 4-5 this afternoon before preaching at Maundy Thursday service. We're due for some alleged thunderstorms, but those also haven't happened the last few days, so I might even get to do it outside. I have a cupcake and some wine from yesterday that I need to undo and some brainstorming for my Good Friday sermon that needs to happen during my run today.

Called to Endure - Blog

HappyFeat

Hi everyone and welcome Hopeful and Viich!

April is off to a great start for our Bunny GroupSmile

I don't have much to report, just been doing easy running. I'll be doing another trail run this weekendBig grin with the same gal I ran with last time. Not sure of the distance yet.  I think it will be about 12 miles although I'm waiting for her to say what she's up for. She ran her second marathon in one month last weekend (Yakima Canyon), so I don't know how quickly she will have recovered. 

I have the Rhody Run 12K coming up May 20 and need to start including some "speed work" in my midweek run if I want to improve my time from last year.  I made a small attempt Tues night, running the first quarter-mile of miles 4 and 5 at about 9 mpm (blazing for me!). I tried to run it  a third time, but could only manage 10 mpm. Guess that shows me where I'm at....bit o'work to do.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

I've been in a real funk since the 100k--that happens after I finish a goal that I've been working toward for a long time. I haven't felt like running at all lately. Today I felt like I got my mojo back--a track run that my coach assigned me. I generally hate track workouts but actually enjoyed this and felt really, really good, 4 x 1600m at tempo pace felt really easy and my warmup/cooldown pace was what used to be my race pace. 50k Saturday.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Well I'd say you got your mojo back just in time! Good luck in the 50K!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Things couldn't get much stressful and busy around here so I was happy to get in a run in my new Kinvara 2's.  I finally broke down and got a pair of the Kinvara's because of all the hype there has been about them and how great they are as a minimal style shoe, and because the 3's just came out so the 2's are pretty cheap now.  I must say I'm not impressed.  They are light-ish and have a fairly low heel to toe drop (4 mm) but they just feel "clompy" (that's an industry term).  Way too much rubber on the soles.  Also, I got them in a size 12 based on the fit guide on runningwarehouse with my normal size being size 11 and they still feel a little small.