2000Km-1243 mile club

April 2012 (Read 315 times)

Hope everyone's runs went well this weekend.

Finished the Rotorua Marathon in 4:08, which is 10 minutes better than my previous best for this race.  I certainly noticed my endurance was better at the 35km mark and felt stronger than in the past.  Using ultras as training runs for marathons seems to work.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Using ultras as training runs for marathons seems to work.

Big grin

Good job!!

I had a good run today - 12 miles - ran comfortably, didn't push the pace, so nothin' hurtSmile

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Imminent Catastrophe

Hope everyone's runs went well this weekend.

Finished the Rotorua Marathon in 4:08, which is 10 minutes better than my previous best for this race.  I certainly noticed my endurance was better at the 35km mark and felt stronger than in the past.  Using ultras as training runs for marathons seems to work.

Told ya so. Nice run!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Puke - Nice run, congrats

Russ - Good luck today

I tried out a local running group today.  I've always been a solo runner and was never really interested in the group thing, but now that my area finally has a group I thought I would give it a try.  7 people showed up for a little neighborhood single digit, set your own pace, run.  Nice group of folks.  I settled in with the 8:30ish group for the first lap of 2 miles then set out with the 8:00 guys for the last 4.  Turned out pretty good and I'll probably try it again next weekend.

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, that was a hard one. Started at 3000 ft and went up, up, up for 21 miles at 7500 ft, about a mile of downhill and then had to climb back up to 8300 and the last half-mile was an EVIL steep climb to the finish that just about killed me. It was a beautiful run up the mountain from Sonoran desert to scrub oak grassland to pine/aspen forest and 25 degrees cooler at the top. I was doing pretty well climbing the mountain at 4000 ft but by 6000 it was much harder and by 7500 I couldn't even manage a slow jog up that relentless hill without maxing out my heartrate so it was a walk/jog from then on, the altitude was killing me! I don't usually compete with other runners but at one point this obnoxious guy asked me how old I am then proclaimed that he was going to beat me so I couldn't let that go,which is why I ran so hard to the finish (and beat him BTW for 2nd in my age group). Ended up finishing in 5:12, a good time on a tough course.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Extremely well done, PerfesserR! Sounds like Mt. Lemmon lived up to its reputation.

Well just as my running has been going pretty good, I managed to sprain my left ankle this morningSad  Stupid clogs! Jumped down from a retaining wall and landed on the side of my foot. Didn't think it was too bad this morning, but now it's a bit swollen and aching. No running for me tonight. Hope it's recovered by the weekend 5K.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.