2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check-In for week August 25 (Read 291 times)

...---...

Thought I'd help out and get this started. Remnants of tropical storm Fay gave me an excuse to take a rest day on Monday. Fay is looking to hang around through this evening (gladly as we really, really, really need the rain) so will run today if no lightning. Interesting factoid - prior to Fay, my immediate local area was in a 25 inch rain deficit for the year. We got just under 0.5 inch yesterday and today looks to bring about 1.5 to 2 more. Every drop counts. Have a great week all.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, we're getting Fay here and that's a good thing for the drought. About 5 inches so far Smile

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Took most of last week off due to a calf/Achilles strain last Monday. Ran real easy yesterday -- 3.5 miles at about 10:30 pace. It was a beautiful day for a run -- warm rain as the remnants of Fay moved through. Problem is, I was worried about another injury and didn't want to risk getting hurt again out in BFE in the rain. So I ran indoors on the walking track. Might run today if I can squeeze it in at work, but it might not happen.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dutchie42

Didn't do any running or any other type of work out last week, or this week. Got myself injured moving a book cupboard. A big book cupboard. That I only emptied half cause I was too lazy to empty it completely. Last week both my L-knee and back were,shall I say, not happy with my lazyness. This week my back is much better, but my knee is still moaning to me. You'd think after all the stupid things I've done I learned my lesson a long time ago. Guess not Undecided

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

By the way Jeff - I was at the MSFC recently working with a contractor at the cal lab. You wouldn't happen to be an engineer at Redstone would you? Anyway, decent running in Huntsville. Stayed at the Marriott by the big rocket...ran around that area some. Ate some great German food. Modified for spelling

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

By the way Jeff - I was at the MSFC recently working with a contractor at the cal lab. You wouldn't happen to be an engineer at Redstone would you?
              No, I'm not at Redstone. But we have customers on Redstone. I've never run in the area near the rocket. And sadly, I have yet to have any German food in the two years that I've been here. Truly a sin, since I'm 1/4 German!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

...---...

6.5 miles at 9:41 ave pace. The rains from Fay cut the run a little short. Jeff - There's a German place in a strip mall area over by a Wal-Mart...can't remember the road but it's busy. There's a popular mexican place near there...Rosies maybe? Anyway, the Wiener Snitzel is fantastic. I'm about >50% German and I don't eat that kind of food enough. Rosie's was pretty darn good too. Running around the University campus was decent. Huntsville is nice town. MTA: Oh by the way, I crossed the 100 mile mark this month for the first time ever. I realize in this group 100+ miles/month is rather common and am glad to join the ranks.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

OK I have set up my blog and here's my Run With the Horses race report: Run With the Horses Marathon Race Report It's the first time I've done the blog thing so be gentle. Constructive criticism is encouraged. MTA: fix the link and add: Anyhow, I've got some lingering pain in my fight knee and shin, I hope it's not anything serious but taking a week or so off just in case, I really don't mess around with joint pain.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Squeezed in an easy 5k run during lunch. In honor of running by feel, no Garmin today. Nothing hurt. Just wish I had time for more.

Imminent Catastrophe

Trey--congrats on the 100-mile month! How are you doing? German food--I used to get to Germany now and then, and I really loved the food-jaegerschnitzel, shweinehaxen...good stuff.

...---...

Russ - all is well here. Thanks for asking. Hope the same is true your way. ING Atlanta is 3/29/09. Maybe this year I can avoid strep throat and get to the big dance this time. You gonna get down for it again? 6.5 miles. first three - strides ave ~9:20/mile. Last 3.5 easy ~10:20 pace. Got a 10K race Saturday and big run Sunday.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Trey, I might do the ING, it gets better every year, and it's convenient. I sure hope you stay healthy this time. I may do the Atlanta Marathon/Half on Thanksgiving day. The right knee is slowly improving, I may be overcautious and take a few more days off before starting to run again. Again, I am paranoid about knee/joint pain.

Dog-Love

This week has been really tough! Got a 4.5 miler in where it should have been an 8. Ran about 6 when I wanted to go 10 and since the school is now in session, I haven't even left my desk. Tomorrow is supposed to be 18 and I have 3 friends who will hold me to it even if I am begging to stop
                            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Tomorrow is supposed to be 18 and I have 3 friends who will hold me to it even if I am begging to stop
                              Yes, but, you have access to fresh pacific and Alaskan salmon. I can only dream of getting that here. Have a great run.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Yesterday went to my KM class. We started with kicks and jabs. It was soooo intens, I almost puked! Really. I've never felt like that ever before. After that we learned techniques to disarm someone with a gun (who's close enough that you can actually do something). This morning ran and easy 8.5K with Spooky. I was totally surprised the run was so comfortable after an almost 2 week lay off of exercise and running. Gorgeous morning too. Off to do a lb w/o and assemble my squat rack. ETA: While I was doing an ub w/o, my boys were assembling the squat rack. How's that for delegating Big grin Quiet here this week.

Dutchie
                                Run the day, or the day runs you.