2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check-In for week August 25 (Read 291 times)

...---...

10K race done. Final time is somewhere around 55:30. Second place in my AG, and a new PR. OMG this course was tough...hills, hills, and more hills. Toughest course I've ever run at this pace. Anyway, I'll get the official time when posted and include a link for race report. But for now, I'm relaxing, carb loading (drink beer), watch a lot of college football, and rest up for tomorrow's long run. Go Clemson, Beat BAMA!!!!!!!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Congrats Trey! Nothing makes beer taste better than a good hard run. I'm still laying off for a few more days and it's bugging me seeing all the runners on the streets here in Seattle.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dog-Love

Yes, but, you have access to fresh pacific and Alaskan salmon. I can only dream of getting that here. Have a great run.
          Ate some samlon burgers last night in fact! the 18 miler was a long 10.5 minute mile effort. Nice scenrey, great friends....but just a tad too long. Forgot that I signed up for a 5K with my daughter this morning so got that one done very painfully. My goal 10 weeks ago when I signed up was 24...but I was lucky to get in at 26:11. OK now I am gonna rest. Salmon tonight...coho caught last week...My kids get a bit burnt out with fish and deer and crave ribs.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Salmon tonight...coho caught last week...My kids get a bit burnt out with fish and deer and crave ribs.
            You send me some fresh-caught salmon and I'll send you some ribs. Just to make your kids happy, you know!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Had another little accident today. I did a lot of pruning in the front garden with shears, until..... I was cutting this rather biggish branch. The shears were in a weird angle, I had to use a lot of strength when suddenly, I felt this excruciating pain in my L-wrist going all the way up to the inside of my elbow. My hand was useless from one second to the next. I examined it and determined it wasn't broken or anything. A little swelling and turning the arm either way was painful: guess there was something going on with the radius (is that what it is called?). So instead of pruning, I cleaned the inside of my car single handed, literally However, my lefty was really painful so after a shower I decided to call a doctor (didn't think I needed to go to emergency). Anyways, I apparently tore a little muscle near my wrist. They just advised rest, ice, painkillers, rest, ice, painkillers, etc. Should be good as new in a week or so. The boys have been great. They walked the dogs, cooked a pasta dinner (sausage for them, fish for me) and cleaned the kitchen, dishes and all. Don't you love 'm Blush

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Wow, Dutchie - between the self defense classes, book shelves, and pruning you've really had some tough breaks lately. Please don't try sky diving anytime soon. Clowning around I learned 2 things today: 1. I learned what "the wall" feels like, and 2. I'm not ready to run a hard 10K one day and then tackle a 15 mile long run in the summer sun and humidity the next day. Hit the wall at 11.8 miles. Felt pretty good up to mile 9 and then I could tell I was running low on energy. We got off to a late start this morning and, by the time I hit the wall, the mid day sun was on top of me - between that and that damn hill I was slugging it out with, I knew I was in trouble. I made it home, slowly, and only finished 14 of my planned 15 miles. Honestly, I thought I would die, have a heat stroke, or collapse before I got home. Once home, the thermometer read 92 degrees. No more long runs >10 in that kind of heat. On the brighter side, I put hit new highs for weekly and monthly mileage. Happy Labor day.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Trey: I've noticed that every year there's a few weeks where I seem to get one injury after another. Usually nothing serious, mostly just pretty painful. Sorry to hear you hit the wall! But major kudos for the new weekly and monthly highs.

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.