2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 23 Mar - 29 Mar -> Spring is here (Read 386 times)

Dutchie42

This morning was my first early morning 10K run outside with Spooky since early December. She loved it! So did I! Very windy though. Especially near the dike. Had to lean into the wind and really push to go forward. Tough after yesterday's race. Watched a deer nibble on some leaves for a bit. 3x breaks for doggie business and 2x breaks for traffic when we wanted to cross the dike.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Spring is here - curling is over! Our team made it to the A-Final but then botched a really good lead... after lots of napping yesterday we are back to running. 6 miles today inside on the track as it was only 16º outside. Happy Monday, A

Recalculating...

anneb

7.5 this morning on the tm, because it was dark AND windy AND raining too. I am racing Sunday and it is supposed to be in the 30's with rain/snow showers. Great. I think I am not looking at the weather report again until at least Thursday! Roll eyes

Anne

...---...

I start rehab with a PT next week. MRI's showed an injury to the labrum in my hip but the Dr does not believe it is severe enough for a procedure. Doc wants me to start thinking about working in some running soon...a couple weeks. Fine by me. Have a great week all. MTA: good luck with your race Anne.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Glad to hear you're starting to recover Trey. Looks like San Fran is still on! 4 miles on the treadmill today, easy after the tough hill workout yesterday. 2 of those were in my Vibram Five Fingers.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I run for Fried Chicken!

I've had zero motivation to run last week and I've had plenty of excuses not to so it was a pretty crappy week. Finally got out for a run on Saturday. My motivation is slowly coming back but I already have excuses lined up for the whole week so I don't think this week is going to be any better. Maybe next week?
              Jill_B

I fly.

I woke up with a cold today. This will be a light week.

Bring it on.

Dutchie42

Yesterday I did a LB workout and abs. This morning was a 7.5K easy run on the TM. We have heavy rains and very windy weather here. Apparently it'll be like this for the next 10 days, Sad I'm glad I have a TM but I need to get more mileage on the road in if I want to run a happy half marathon in 4 weeks or so. Jill: feel better soon! Anne: hope you have better weather than expected for your race. Aaron: you're running mojo is right around the corner. I can feel it Wink

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

13 treadmill miles so far, plus a "Group Power" workout at the gym that's a pretty good overall workout. The good thing about the treadmill--I can see progress. I'm almost a minute/mile faster at my LHRT pace than a couple of months ago.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

Tough tough run. My calfs were stiff and tight. And there's something going on with my new shoes (Asics 2140). The ball of my foot hurts. It feels like a sock is bunched up underneath my foot. At first I thought the laces were too tight, so I stopped to loosen them up. But that didn't do anything to help. I stopped again and put insoles from old shoes in. Now that felt better, but still not good. Right shoe seems fine. Next run I'll try it with the Superfeet insoles. See how it feels. Anyone have any other ideas that I could try?

Dutchie

...---...

Tough tough run. My calfs were stiff and tight. And there's something going on with my new shoes (Asics 2140). The ball of my foot hurts. It feels like a sock is bunched up underneath my foot. At first I thought the laces were too tight, so I stopped to loosen them up. But that didn't do anything to help. I stopped again and put insoles from old shoes in. Now that felt better, but still not good. Right shoe seems fine. Next run I'll try it with the Superfeet insoles. See how it feels. Anyone have any other ideas that I could try?
                        Similar problems with me. There was a knot or bump in the shoe under my right foot near the ball. I fixed the issue by not running in them. Good luck though.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Legs feel a little tired, but much better than yesterday Wink Did a 60 min run, 9.3K. The new shoes with the Superfeet in improved the experience. At least it didn't hurt, but mid way this annoying feeling came back and stayed till the end of the run. If I can't think of anything else then these shoes will only be used for doggie fun runs which are usually about 6.5K. Trey: seems like there isn't enough cushioning in one shoe. The superfeet are as thin as the original insole, but the material is different and it's less flexible.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

ugh. 22 treadmill miles this week, still pouring rain today and tomorrow. ING HM looks good though

...---...

Trey: seems like there isn't enough cushioning in one shoe. The superfeet are as thin as the original insole, but the material is different and it's less flexible.
                              Yeah, that's the way I feel about the shoe too with the cushioning...especially in the forefoot area. I further had the problem of my shin hurting (like shin splints) during and after wearing. I will try the superfeet option if this seems to be helping you. I mean, I've got a perfectly good pair of shoes that I can't run in...and I'd like to get my money's worth out of them. Let me know how the inserts go. Modified for spelling

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

Perfesser - good luck tomorrow. I sure hate missing out and will be hoping you have a great race. What's your bib number and I'll track you while I'm rehabing on the sofa?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12