2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 23 Mar - 29 Mar -> Spring is here (Read 386 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

They have online tracking? I didn't know that. Anyway it's 22799. Shooting for a good tempo run @8:45-8:50 or so.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Perfesser: RUN LIKE THE WIND...GO GO GO

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

6.56K on the TM today. It was raining and I couldn't make myself go run outside with the dogs. Stupid, cause I did take the dogs out for a 2,5K doggie walk in the rain which took me about 40 minutes. I found Kayano 13's yesterday inbetween my old runnings shoes.. They were preatically new. I probably didn't like them, but why? So I put them on and hopped on the TM. Within seconds it was obvious: the heels were slipping. And in such a bad way that the shoes were dragging on the belt. After 20 minutes I changed shoes. Back on the old 2130's it was. Now that was much better! Everyting felt great and running was much easier. I'm soooo close to beating that pink mosnter!

Dutchie

All these treadmill miles...I feel bad for all of you Cry The weather here has been pretty good so I havn't visited the TM in over a month. Today was a 3.6 mile fun run with my 11 year old on his new bike. I am feeling great for this being shortly after a marathon. Definitely my fastest recovery to date. Nutrition and hydration is what it's all about.
          Dutchie42

First long run out on the road in a long time! And my legs felt each of those 20.75 kilomters. I did maintain a nice easy pace though, and I don't think my HRavg was ever this low (145 avg). I usually have a really hard time keeping my HR below 150, having to take walkbreaks to manage it. Speaking of walkbreaks: 4x doggy business, 2xpottie breaks, 6x traffic, 1xgel, 6xoff / on leash. Guess my pace wasn't that bad if you take all those breaks into account Big grin And I'm ahead of the Pink Monster. YEAH.... for the next 3.9 kilometers anyway Cool Let's have a party!!! Woh brings the beer?

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

ING Georgia Half Marathon today. Weather coolish but nice, had a pretty good run with negative splits (I think). Unfortunately when downloading the Garmin data to my computer, the good ole Garmin ANT crashed my computer--AGAIN. Worse yet, the data is gone. It's nowhere to be found. Angry AngryAngry Not on the watch either. You suck, Garmin. around 1:53 or so. That course was much hillier and more crowded than I remembered, definitely slower than Mercedes. Many more hills and I kept getting boxed in by the crowds. 7 minutes or so to get to the start after the gun. Trey, did you track my time? If so tell me what I ran! Big grin

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Dutchie42

Congrats on your half Perfesser. Negative splis, wow!

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

At least the graph is starting to head in the right direction! Big grin edit:fixed link

Perfesser - I tracked you a couple of times this morning on the live tracking page. It was pretty cool. I saw your splits as: 10K - 55:01 Finish - 1:54:15 Overall pace - 8:42 Great job, looks like you easily beat your goal pace.

Imminent Catastrophe

Cool--thanks!

anneb

Great race Perfesser! I also raced an 8k this morning, the Shamrock Shuffle in Chicago... 46:17, official time... not a good time, not a bad time. Low 30's, 20+ mph winds, snowing and lots of slush on the ground. Even though 16,000 of the 30,000 registered didn't show, it was still plenty crowded - it took over 20 minutes to cross the start line. I knew I should have been up closer, but in my quest to stay warm (and dry) I waited a little too long to check my jacket and did not quite make it up to the corral area that I wanted. Probably wouldn't have made a difference today, it was slow going in many spots, and the bridges were especially slippery. But, I am glad I got out there. I will be looking forward to my treadmill run tomorrow, though. Wink

Anne

AnneCA

Anne and Russ -- great job on your races! Really nice to hear. Dutchie -- thumbs up on the long run and catching the bunny! I had a pretty miserable week - surprised I ended up with 34. I'm sick, but, more significantly, first my 5-year old was sick, then my 4-year old was sick. Ugh. The 5-year old handled it like a trooper, but the 4-year old has been keeping us up all night and generally being a screamy monster when she is awake. Poor thing, I know she feels awful, but ay-yi-yi. Maybe that's why I kept running even though I was feeling punko as well -- it got me out of the house! Wink I did a trail run this morning, and started out feeling really good, congratulating myself for getting up and getting the miles in. Then at about mile 5, the wheels started to come off, energy-wise, I had a coughing fit, and the trail got technical in parts. Well, not all the miles are going to be pretty, right?

Dog-Love

I'm going to pipe in here even though I have not been a very good poster... Nice Race Perfessor!!!! I have my first 10K of the year on Saturday and I have not been a good runner so this baseline race can only lead to improvements. Snowing like crazy and I REALLY want spring to get here!
                            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

I run for Fried Chicken!

Got a little over 7 in today, took it really easy and it was a great run. Weather has been really nice in LA, was in the mid 60s today. Should be able to get in some decent miles next week.

Imminent Catastrophe

Anne--Yikes, what a race! Those were terrible conditions, but if you're like me it will be one of your best memories--I ran a race in a tropical storm once and now it's one of my favorites, just because of what I had to endure. Dutchie--nice work, catching the rodent. I'm closing in on him! The other Anne--nice trail run, you'll feel better tomorrow. Crabby--do they even hold 10k's in Alaska in March? have fun!