2000Km-1243 mile club

January 2012 (Read 471 times)

Dutchie42

Happy: I'd love to run on trails, we don't have much of those a round here. Certainly nothing challenging.

Ayola: how did the interviews go.

My shins keep bothering me. I think I need to switch shoes.

Wasn't feeling the love this morning, but did go out anyway. It was a crispy windless moonless morning. Bikepath was icey in places and as I couldn't see it, it made me feel rather tense. The bridge was frozen over too. Quads were sore and feeling heavy from yesterday's workout.
    Now, for the good news: I was so happy to have gone out. It was a great run. Slow, but loved it

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie: WTG on getting outside. The weather here has warmed up for a nice run tomorrow morning. Today is a (running) rest day for me, I'll probably go for a walk down in the park in my boots to check out running conditions.

Interview update: pretty ambivalent about the first one, the second interview looks promising for an immediate short term contract and possible permanent hire later on in the year, I'm trying to bust into the 3rd top firm for an interview no success yet. After looking those 3 major architectural firms here I'll start following up on smaller offices that I might want to work with. Perhaps after my poor experience at a corporate style firm, a smaller firm centered on design would be better for me.

Happy rainy tuesday, A

Recalculating...

Dog-Love

Well I am on the bottom of page 2 and I guess I can only go up!  So we have loads of snow here in Juneau AK and I just shoveled a ton.  I am heading out for a 10K ski with my dog and then I better get to work or they might miss me.  I am trying not to run in the snow since it messes witih my form and then my knee really bothers me and since we do have a winter, I try to take advantage of that.  Have a great day you amazing runners!

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, another good week running/training. Good tempo runs and then ran stadium steps at the local High School. Tomorrow I head to Huntsville for Mountain Mist. The weather looks good!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

Good luck in your race on Saturday, Russ. Hope it goes really well for you.

Hi Crabby, Dutchie, Ayola. I think we're all doing great getting out there one way or another!

I decided tonight was meant for a yoga workout instead of running. I think I've run too many days in a row and too many days on a treadmill. I'm feeling it in tight muscles and tender spots. I'm thinking of stretching the break to include tomorrow too, and then start back with a nice outdoor run on Saturday. The forecast is "not stormy" so that's perfect.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Good luck Perfesser!

I'm wondering what Huntsville (Alabama?) is like... have fun, A

Recalculating...

For the first time in...a long time...I ran more than the bunny this week.  Granted it was just by .0665 miles, but I'll take it.  Rest day tomorrw, then 20 on Tuesday to get to 100 for the month.  Just kidding, but if I do the planned 4 I will have more miles in Jan. than in the last 4 months combined.

Russ, hope things went great yesterday.  Don't guess you could have asked for much better weather for January.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

Imminent Catastrophe

glad you're getting the miles in phibes!

Mountain Mist Muck was tough. Heavy rain came through Thursday and after a couple hundred runners came through the mud puddles it made for a quagmire. Miles of ankle-deep mud, many steep, rocky sections and even one part where we had to climb up a rock face beside a waterfall. It was quite a challenge, I ended up back in my accustomed mid/back of the pack position and finished in 7:02, almost my slowest 50k. But I felt pretty good, no damage done, and today I feel fine. Now I understand why Mt Mist has such a reputation. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

I just kept saying "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" as I read the description of Mountain MUCK! You are so mentally tough, Russ! Wow!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Running Rev'd

I'm actually ahead of the bunny today! It won't last for long since tomorrow is a yoga day, but January was my highest mileage month in quite a while.

Hope you all are finishing out January strong!

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

Yay Perfesser!

Completed all of my January workouts this morning. This week is a step back week - in the following week I should get into average bunny miles (24+ per week). Now I may try to add another workout - I'd like to try a yoga class maybe Monday nights or Tuesday mornings.

Happy monday, A

Recalculating...

Mountain Mist Muck was tough. Heavy rain came through Thursday and after a couple hundred runners came through the mud puddles it made for a quagmire. 

I always forget that for you trail runners the weather before the race is at least as important the weather the day of.  Glad you survived.

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013