2000Km-1243 mile club

Energy Foods (Read 155 times)

...---...

I have yet to find a food that noticably gives me a better available energy source that boiled potatoes. It could be my imagination but I really believe I can tell a difference over, say, rice/pasta.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

How about this: oatmeal cooked in soy milk, stir in sliced banana and raisins, dollup of greek yoghurt on top, drip honey over it and some crushed cashew nuts.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

BaldMike

I am with Dutchie, I love Oatmeal and Honey for breakfast before my long runs. I can tell the difference with that.
        PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.

Imminent Catastrophe

I have yet to find a food that noticably gives me a better available energy source that boiled potatoes. It could be my imagination but I really believe I can tell a difference over, say, rice/pasta.
          That's a popular item at aid stations on ultras--boiled potatoes and a tray of salt to dip them in. Doesn't sound too good but, trust me, in the late stages of a long race it really hits the spot! That, and chicken noodle soup if it's cold, are my favorites.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016