2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly mileage check in week of 2 JUne (Read 326 times)

dork.major dork.

Got up and ran 3.5 this morning. It was the first summer rain run... I love those! I'm doing a creative writing retreat for the month of June (leaving Sunday) so I should have plenty of time for back road running. So excited for that.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

A Saucy Wench

Got up and ran 3.5 this morning. It was the first summer rain run... I love those! I'm doing a creative writing retreat for the month of June (leaving Sunday) so I should have plenty of time for back road running. So excited for that.
      sounds like fun Imogene!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ringmaster

Oh, Imogene, that does sound like fun! Russ, I'm sending good wishes your way for New York. That would be so fun! No trail running for me . . . Did speedwork Monday for the first time since seeing the ortho and it felt great . . . until the last rep. Gutted it out but the knee definitely felt it, so I took yesterday off. Did 6 today and again, it's not exactly like the knee hurts, more like I just know it's there and I wish I didn't. Just gotta ease back into it. I'd thought to do some bridges (that's what we use for hills around here) but I may lay off those a little longer. Ennay, I'm glad your weekend of rest paid off!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
        Mile by Mile

Dog-Love

(Homer Simpson voice) mmmmmm....trails.......
          Funny...I always hear mmmmmmmmmmmm...beer. Think I'll have one! Ran 3 miles of a gorgeous trail with 10 kids today that included a flume, a waterwall and some mountain goat sightings. Ran a 6 K race yesterday (another trail run) and am taking tomorrow off. Great job y'all
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Imminent Catastrophe

Curses, foiled again. No NYCM for me. Angry

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

that sucks perfesser Angry 6.5 this morning with 3 hill repeats Tongue

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

...---...

Trey--good luck with that cold fusion thing! You need some venture capital? Big grin
                Always looking for venture capital Cool Man is it hot! running tonight...late.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

Curses, foiled again. No NYCM for me. Angry
                  Katie Holmes again?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

close to 3 yesterday evening. Had to run before sun down...geeze, hot!

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Alright, I've been hiding all week. With nothing to report, I've been avoiding the Pink Boxing Gloves of Doom. But I finally got a 5-miler in last night. I operate on a Mon-Sun week, so with a little HTFU, maybe I'll get over 20 by Sunday. W/o a race coming up, it's just way too easy for me to slack off. The next race in town is a 10k in a week, but I just don't see myself doing it -- I don't dig on summer races. Next probable race is Labor Day weekend, so I've gotta start panicking like that's close and start throwing down some miles.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

5.3 miles yesterday, but my right ankle is hurting. Badly. I'm freaking out. Doctor's appointment in an hour. Breathe deeply, breathe deeply, breathe deeply... Can you tell this is the first time I've had to deal with pain from running?? Sigh. MTA: At least I still have 15 miles on the bunny. I hope it's enough to stay ahead of him.

A Saucy Wench

Pink Boxing Gloves of Doom..I like that Big grin 9 today. 5 of which were SUPPOSED to be 8:30 pace but I just didnt have 8:30 in me today. I blame it on dh, his racing messed up my schedule and normally friday is a rest day. Where is summer? It really is pretty nice for running, although the fact that it is June and I am still wearing long and long and most days grateful for it is weird. But dd is out of school now and if we dont get summer soon we will go bananas trapped in the house. But since it HAS stayed cold this long, it better last until my HM next week. Hugs Teresa, with any luck its just a mild irritation...that can hurt like an SOB and will heal quickly.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Where is summer? It really is pretty nice for running, although the fact that it is June and I am still wearing long and long and most days grateful for it is weird.
                            Be grateful. 95°F and humid today here. Dead

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A Saucy Wench

Be grateful. 95°F and humid today here. Dead
                              OH I know. I am a total heat wimp. Just need to get the kids out of the house - so staying cold but stopping the rain would be nice. BUT hark, my first run this year above 55 degrees might be on the horizon...that's right folks it is supposed to be 70 and sunny for my HM next weekend. Dead So much for acclimation.

Ringmaster

LOVE the new siggy, Ennay! Sorry about your NYCM, Russ. Next year. Ugh. I was happy to get 60s when I was training for the half this winter. Now I'm glad to get upper 70s for my 5:30 runs . . .

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                                Mile by Mile