2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check-In for week June 30 (Read 261 times)

Dutchie42

Evening all, Nice day here. Too bad I was stuck in the office Smile Was up late, but did do a 3.5K doggie fun run. Spike was in running mode. Spooky was having her own fun: running ahead then waiting for Spike to catch up and when he was almost there, take off again.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Marquess of Utopia

I occasinally lurk in these forums to see what's going on, but don't have much to say. This will be week two of my marathon training program. 10 miles easy today. I can't believe I'm going to hit 2000K this week. Last year it took me 12 months.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Ran 4 tonight just so I could break 120 miles this month. My highest mileage in a month. My runs have been great lately, getting faster just from running a lot of easy miles. Running has also been keeping me sane, had a horrible day today overall and the only good thing about the day was the run.
        Dutchie42

Hey Joe, nice to see you again. I'm sure there's loads of advice you could give Smile Hi Aaron, saw that you'd passed me. But I'm getting back in running mode now that the big projects of the remodelling are mostly done. Another gorgeous morning here. Did 8.5K with Spooky. After I got back took Spike out for a walk. Question for computer geeks hanging roud here: my lcd screen is suddenly discoloured. Sunday evening it looked fine, Monday morning all pinkish and stripish. No other electricals around, except an extention cord which I moved aside. Didn't make any difference. Any ideas? It's not the videocard I think cause the screen on the laptop itself works just fine. Or is it time to get a new lcd screen? I think it's about 7 years old now.

Dutchie

Marquess of Utopia

Have you tested the LCD on another PC? "The average lifespan of an LCD display is 60000 hours".
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm not sure exactly how much I ran last night, but I'm calling it 6.66 miles. Because I blew a fuse. Really. Towards the end of the run, I was felling kung-fu and I decided to do the last mile or so at tempo pace. So I accelerated the treadmill to 6:44/mi and cranked away for a few minutes. Then suddenly, the 'mill went dead, the fan turned off, the baby monitor shut down, and the cat's recirculating water bowl went still. My powerful running had tripped a breaker. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dutchie42

Joe thanks. Should've thought of that myself Big grin My tablet works with Vista. Not sure if they're compatible, but I'll give it a try.

Dutchie

Ringmaster

Wow. I've never run fast enough to blow a fuse. Cool! Ran 7 yesterday. Finished the month off with a new high. Yay. Took today off though. I went back to 5 days a week there for a couple weeks but the knees felt twingy yesterday so I decided to make today a rest day, just to be safe. Better to train 4 days this week and keep the dream of two fall halfs alive.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                  Mile by Mile

Dog-Love

9 yesterday and hill repeats today...think I'll blow a fuse tonight
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Another treadmill run, another breaker tripped. Oddly enough, right at about the same distance (but longer time since I was running slower than the previous night). I'm gonna have to do some experiments and see if the breaker always trips at 6.66 miles. Evil grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dutchie42

hi everyone, 3.5K doggie run today. Really warm this morning: about 17-18C. Spike was a bit bothered by the heat. So 3.5K definitely was his max. Almost time for bed for me. Better finish up some little chores I have to do. Jeff: isn't it too hot to be running on a treadmill?

Dutchie

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Jeff: isn't it too hot to be running on a treadmill?
                          Heh, it's too hot to be running outside! However,although it was plenty hot today (83°F / 28°C and breezy, not too humid), so I ran 5.35 mi at lunch today. Felt good to be out on the roads again instead of the 'mill. But by and large, as much as I hate the dreadmill, I hate running in the heat even more!

Ringmaster

Ugh. I ran on the 'mill all last week and it was hard to get back on the road on Monday. Hard to deal with the humidity. So, yeah, I hate the heat, but I actually am happy to put up with hating it for a couple of weeks to get accustomed to it. Of course, now I have to hate it again for a few days to get used to it again. 7 Monday, 7.3 today. Oh, and that 100 pushups challenge thing Tuesday, so muscles are hurting that I didn't know I had. Ouch.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                            Mile by Mile

Dutchie42

What push up challenge?! Shocked That might be a good one for me Big grin 3 months of hardly any strength training and I'm all flabby. Very humid this morning. About 18C. I was soaking wet when I got back. Because of all the rain that fell last night, plenty water around for Spooky. Who just loved to be out there, as usual. I had a walk break every 1K. And a couple of breaks to let construction trucks pass, a pee and doggie business. Short stretch.

Dutchie

Imminent Catastrophe

...Question for computer geeks hanging roud here: my lcd screen is suddenly discoloured....
                                It must be going around. My laptop just died. It won't even start up, it's just a paperweight now. Why do these things always happen just before a holiday? Anyway I've continued slacking off, but Peachtree is tomorrow, that's always fun and I know I'll get in a good 10k.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016