2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly Mileage Check-In for week June 30 (Read 261 times)

Ringmaster

Oh, Dutchie, I'm sorry. I didn't know you hadn't seen it. I heard about it in the Ladies' Locker Room. Here's the link to the original link. That reminds me, gotta go do today's set. Ugh. 7.5 today. Meant to do 7. Again, cannot do simple arithmetic on the run. Anyway, legs are tired. Brain is tired. Rest day tomorrow. Sorry about the new paperweight, Prof.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
    Mile by Mile

Imminent Catastrophe

... Sorry about the new paperweight, Prof.
      It actually turned out pretty well. I took it in to the Apple Store. They didn't repair it--they gave me a brand new MacBook Pro! Mine was two years old and they replaced it with a brand new 2.4 gHz, latest and greatest. This is the same day that our new iMac arrived. I love Apple.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

I'll check out that push up link later today. Perfesser: I'd love a new and faster laptop Big grin Congrats with the new machine Did 3.5K interval run with the doggies. Was supposed to be a doggie fun run, but Spike had more interest in sniffing and digging than running. So I'd ran fast for a certain distance (that tree, that bend in the path, etc), then walk while waiting for Spike to catch up. At one point (it was an out and back route on a deserted bike path), I just left Spike behind and caught up with him on the way back. Spooky loved it when I went fast. She'd run beside me and look at me the whole time. R-knee was slightly bothering me.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

...---...

Busy week running while on vacation...not too much mind you. I did a 5K this morning and set a PR. Wow, I didn't know I had it in me. If you'd like to read the race report, here you go: http://web.mac.com/pi_hole/Site/Race_Reports/Entries/2008/7/4_Hilton_Head_Firecracker_5K.html Love my Mac Book Pro too! I got one about 3 months ago...man, Apple makes a great product. I know some people have had issues with Mac's but so far, with me, I've had a great experience. Happy 4th and a great weekend all! MTA: Vista is evil.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Another gorgeous, fresh morning. Lovely run with Spooky: 6.5K. Then walked Spike. Followed by a LBand UB (incl. abs) workout. Trey: where are you spending your vacation? I still have 4 weeks to go before I have mine. Great race report. Skipped the last two races I was supposed to do. VixiDu: checked out the site re push up challenge. I did 10 on my toes this morning, so not too shabby I think. If I hadn't done the shoulder work already I might have done some more. But 10 is a good starting point. Where are you now?

Dutchie

...---...

Dutchie - we're vacationing at Hilton Head Island here in South Carolina. My sister and brother-in-law live here so we have a free place to stay Yes We come down here every July 4th week for vacation and we'll usually visit another long weekend or two during the "off season." The beaches here are flat and wide enough where you could run safely...but I'm not going to go through that again, especially after the knee and ankle problems I had after the infamous "Seal Beach incident" this past March. Anyway, we love it at Hilton Head...even with all the tourists - funny that I call everyone else a tourist. Where are you going for vacation and why did you have to skip your last 2 races? Was that due to your injury or the kitchen project?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

...---...

Crabby - I took a picture for you this week Wink http://web.mac.com/pi_hole/Site/Travel_Photo_Albums/Pages/HHI_2008.html#1 You can download it if you want.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Dutchie42

Trey: So nice to have a place near the beach to stay for free. So you have just one week vacation? Because of the remodelling, were not going anywhere. No money left in this one-income household Surprised But I do have a brand new kitchen, although they still need to do some work on it. Plus I think I still have plenty to do in and around the house. Skipped two races cause I was planning my life around the remodelling and the races (and running in general) didn't quite fit. As of last week I'm planning my life around the running/exercising again. As it should be Big grin Which means I have a very late start with my marathon training. I'm doing the best I can and I'll see late September if I feel ready or not to run the Amsterdam Marathon Smile

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Oh btw, I didn't notice till today, but last week I ran as much total mileage as I did in all of 2007. Woohoo! So I treated myself to a new running outfit. For the ladies: moving comfort no chill hoody and running pants.

Dutchie

Dog-Love

Crabby - I took a picture for you this week Wink http://web.mac.com/pi_hole/Site/Travel_Photo_Albums/Pages/HHI_2008.html#1 You can download it if you want.
                      What a great spot...and what a great crab! I did download it. And the crab in the bubbles. I think I want to go to Shelter Island. Is tthat in HA? Back to running...ran 14 on thursday (ouch) and a really nice 5.6 loop around my house today.
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

What a great spot...and what a great crab! I did download it. And the crab in the bubbles. I think I want to go to Shelter Island. Is tthat in HA?
                        I'm honored you'd use one of my photos for your avatar. Thanks. Yeah, Shelter Cove is on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina...just about a 30 min drive north of Savannah, GA. Lots of great sea-wildlife, great food, beautiful running scenery. But alas, back to reality tomorrow. Dutchie - I get 3 weeks of vacation but use only a week at a time. The other 2 weeks I usually take at home. Running 5 on Sunday wen I get back home.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Ringmaster

Runner, great pic! Never could have gotten my English bulldog to pose for that pic! Dutchie, smart girl to stop at 10 for that initial test. I have to do another test today to determine where to start week 3. My last set was 15-13-10-10-20, I think. I'm trying to remember to log 'em under strength training. Prof, cool on the new Mac! You know, I've been meaning to check out Apple. Maybe I'll convince the boss to let me get a new laptop? Nah, not likely in this one-income house either. I did register for my November half, though! Big grin Ran 15 today for the first time ever. Felt great, and I kept a great pace until a runner I've seen out on the roads asked to run with me. We slowed to about 11:30 pace for the last few miles. I'm not sure I've ever felt the legs so much post-run, but they don't hurt. I just feel them. I feel great about the new milestone though since getting to 15 miles was my goal for this summer. Gotta set a new mileage goal. Maybe 18? Ah, always dreaming!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                          Mile by Mile

Dutchie42

Nothing to report. Yet, Have been running and exercising 6 days in a row. Not sure I should w/o or just have a rest day. Am supposed to do a "long" run today. Something like 12-16K. Could do it tomorrow. Spent 2 hours in the back garden pruning bushes and trees. And 2 hours in the front garden doing the same. Got me a big pile of branches and leaves in both now. And no place to put it. I actually feel very lethargic and sleepy. And on an eating binge. So what did you guys do this Sunday?

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Oh OK! Had to walk the dogs, so simply put my running shoes on (and a sports bra) and ran. Stopping often enough to accomate Spike's sniff&digg mode. So we did 2.5K. Not worth mentioning, but at least I did run Big grin

Dutchie

A Saucy Wench

Hi all! Back from vacation where I ate too much, drank too much and ran too little. 14 miles this morning...my legs were shouting at me "what the fuck you think you doin'" Oh, and I was doing the pushups in the LLR which is starting week 3 tomorrow, but I didnt do 1 single push up while I was gone so I may be starting all over again. Good to see some folks over here just starting so I wont be too far behind!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7