2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 3/30 - 4/5 -> everyone run outside (Read 288 times)

Dutchie42

Gooooood afternoon all, This morning was just an hour of chest, shoulders and biceps. I wanted to put in a recovery run but someone would be at my house at 8AM to do some repairs in the bathroom. And despite being up and about before 5AM, I ran out of time.

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Imminent Catastrophe

Easy recovery run in Savannah GA. I jogged around for 3 easy miles trying to find a way onto the Talmadge Bridge but unlike the one in Charleston there is no pedestrian access to this bridge so far as I can tell. Boo Savannah Bridge, Yay Charleston Bridge!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dutchie42

Have been having dizzy spells all day yesterday. And again when I woke up this morning. Decided not to to run, but by 6AM I was really antsy. So hopped on the TM for a 5K run (planned 10K). Literally after 30 seconds I had to go to the bathroom. Then again after another 23 minutes. I gave up. Wasn't feeling antsy anymore though Wink.

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

10k in the beautiful weather. I'm enjoying the non marathon training fun runs. Did a little speed play and just generally ran what was comfortable. I ended up running about 15 seconds slower than my 10k PR and with a HR that was 15 BPM lower! I think my PR will be going down at my next 10k in May.

...---...

Start rehab today with a PT - I took a couple of run steps yesterday to gauge how the hip felt on impact...promising. Perfesser: See my recent post (on last week's mileage check in) on Marin Headlands info. It's not complete but I should have more info unless Anne or others can weigh in. It would better if a local gave their input.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

AnneCA

Trey -- glad you posted that, I had missed Russ's other post -- Yes, you can access the trail system from the north Vista Point. If you look at this map: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/1383e924cb894a558f2a7158f399f934/workouts/8ff104dacb334a8789c466d01ad50df1/map, and zoom in on the point where the course turns around to go back over the bridge, you'll see how the trails hook up to Conzelman Road, which can hook you up with the Headlands trail system, depending how far you want to go. There aren't that many *short* loops you can do into the Headlands, so . . . are you thinking of running back over the Bridge? Or taking a bus? There are SF Muni busses that go out to Rodeo Beach (not sure on the schedule; may be weekend only?), so you might want to look into that, because it would give you a way to get more Headlands miles in. As for the trails, you might want to head to the Coastal Trail (at the intersection of Conzelman and Baker -- it's probably not that much fun to run along that section of Conzelman -- narrow, not much of a shoulder, but it wouldn't be for long) and then do a Miwok/Wolf Ridge/Coastal Loop. Here http://www.pctrailruns.com/PC_Course_Map.htm is a map of a local trail race that uses those trails. Alternatively, after you get down under the bridge, you can connect up with Moore Road and take that through Fort Baker and into Sausalito. See the first mile of this race that starts in Ft. Baker then heads to SF: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/1383e924cb894a558f2a7158f399f934/workouts/b8982472af2d451ea0c97a816c28523b/map. Not trails, but a nice run. Enjoy! And, Trey, those are your Flickr pics? Very nice!

...---...

And, Trey, those are your Flickr pics? Very nice!
                Yes, those in that photo stream are all mine. Thanks. As you can see, I had a blast people watching/picture taking in Union Square, Chinatown, and well, all over. It's a great city. Traffic accident backed up traffic such that I missed my PT appointment. There wasn't another slot available for a month! So, I'm just going to try some light running next week and see how that goes.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Thanks Anne, that map is private but I'm pretty sure I know what you mean. Hey, maybe I'll run down to Ft. Baker instead! I need to move to SF Smile Trey--thanks as well and nice pix! I hope to just tag a short out-and-back onto my bridge run 'cause I'm trying to build up my long runs preparing for Deadwood.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

That bunny is almost gone! Great work everybody.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Got a couple of runs in today. Tried to see how high I could get my HR up on my run on Tuesday. For the last half mile, I just started increasing the speed on the treadmill and watched my HR climb. I hit 195 for about 30 seconds. I think I could go higher than that. It was an interesting experience, I've never done anything quite like it before.

Dog-Love

OK I have been getting some short runs in and tomorrow is the first 10K of the year. There is still snow on the ground so it might be a slow one (Beside the fact that I am Outta shape). But the good news is that I feel like running again which is a far cry from the past 2 months.Smile Feel better Dutchie
                        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                          I had a great long run (10 miles) yesterday - it was warm and foggy and there were actually little green buds and sprouts everywhere. There is no snow to be seen from my office window. Today I did a recovery run (3 miles at the YMCA track) in the gym with some physioball exercises. Have a great weekend everyone, A

Recalculating...

Dog-Love

Signed up for the 10K yesterday and today after almost 2 weeks of spring-like weather it is 30 and snowing and there is at least 2 inches on the ground. Glad I signed up or I would be going back to bed! Just having my morning coffee and will head out soon Well it went just fine. Sort of hard. Not a PR but 54:22. 1st in my age group but not a great turn out (<100) becasue of the weather. becasue="" of="" the=""></100) becasue of the weather.>
                            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                              Crabby - sometimes the biggest accomplishment is just getting out the door. Congrats on the run. Ayola - we have had spring here in VA for a couple of weeks now. Today was beautiful and 72. My son even went in the pool (that is a little crazy since the water temp was only 65) Aaron - 195 bpm would be an interesting feeling for me that's for sure. It would be interesting all the way to the emergency room. Oh, to be young and with a high max HR.

Imminent Catastrophe

12-miler in Central Park. About 12 miles, the Garmin took 20 minutes to find the satellites. Anyway it was a good run, I really like the bridle trails there. ayola- have you considered doing the MDI Marathon? I'm shooting for it this year. What a beautiful course! edit: It's actually 13.1, a half mary! That makes 20 miles in this cutback week. Man, I hope to do the GGBridge run on Sunday.