2000Km-1243 mile club

Weekly check-in 2 Feb-8 Feb (Read 289 times)

Dutchie42

OMG, what's happening???? Another 10K TM run that felt easy and comfortable. No walkie breakies. Sipping water while running. I'm turning into a real tread mill runner. Oh noooooooo Shocked Last 1000 meters I upped the speed every 60 seconds going from 9.5K/h to 12K/h in 0.5 increments. Woohooo, feeling great!

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Hi! Just joined the group. I've been off/on for the past week and a half: first a bad blister that got badly infected (a very humbing experience), now a bit of flu-like something. But it hasn't got me completely under, and hasn't fully hit my chest yet, so I've been following my schedule, albeit at easy paces. I'm going to try for a nice & easy 16k today.
      Next goal: Great Wall Marathon
      Jill_B

I fly.

Ugh, my legs are still really sore from the stupid boot camp class, but I managed to get 4 in on my treadmill yesterday. Probably the same today. Saturday I'm planning on doing 14 outside, so I have to hurry up and loosen up so that it isn't torture! And then Sunday I'm supposed to do the boot camp class again. We'll see about that though.

Bring it on.

Gig

My mileage has been dwindling a bit the past few weeks. I haven't been able to do my long run on Sunday mornings because I have other stuff going on. This week, hopefully I'll be back on track. Meantime, I brought in work clothes for the next two days so that tomorrow and Thursday I can do a light run into work. Four miles to start each day sounds like a nice was to get the blood pumping in the morning to me. If it works out well, maybe I'll start bringing in clothes every Monday for the rest of the week.
          AnneCA

Got some miles in this morning, but still a little sore from Sunday. Still, felt good to get things moving again. Welcome Jim! Gig -- the morning run plan sounds good to me. You're normally an afternoon/evening runner? I used to think I'd hate being a morning runner, but now I'm completely committed to it. Such a great way to start the day. Of sitting at my desk.

Imminent Catastrophe

4.3 on a hotel treadmill. Usually that would be an ordeal but this was the coolest treadmill ever! I posted about it in "Gears and Wears".

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I run for Fried Chicken!

3.5 easy on the TM yesterday to work out the slight soreness from my 5k race. They posted official results on the 5k. 23:50, my watch time was right on. Came in 10th in my age group. I was kinda surprised by that. I was the fastest of the slow people. Big grin Seems like there's a point around 22-23 mins where you go from one set to another. I think I'm going to go easier on the speedwork this month and try to catch the bunny. I've been giving up mileage for more speed lately and I feel like I need to build my base back up.
                Dutchie42

Did something to my L-foot yesterday while putting on my street shoes. It hurt like h#@ll all day yesterday, limping around the office. Today it feels better, though still painful. Skipped my run and did Chest/Back, which I was supposed to do Monday. Still debating whether I should go to my self defense class tonight. Don't know what's going on with my foot and I'll be doing a lot of kicking tonight.

Dutchie

Gig

First day of the run-to-work experiment. I've actually done it in the past a few times, and it actually makes Wednesday and Thursday easier, logistically. DW and DD pick me up after work and off we go to karate class. I don't have to worry about dealing with a car or bicycle left behind. What a way to start the experiment, though! It was snowing in Annapolis. There was a light dusting on the sidewalks where it wasn't completely clear, so no issues there. The flakes were big and puffy. There aren't many things more beautiful than a snowfall in Annapolis.

Imminent Catastrophe

... What a way to start the experiment, though! It was snowing in Annapolis. There was a light dusting on the sidewalks where it wasn't completely clear, so no issues there. The flakes were big and puffy. There aren't many things more beautiful than a snowfall in Annapolis.
                      Hey Gig, I was not far away, in Baltimore. It was nice.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dog-Love

Why weren't you in Baltimore when I was in Baltimore???? Oh well next time! I have been sort of running this week but the snow is deep and the running tough. But my doggie likes it and that is the main thing. I starting a spinning class once a week to try out a different muscle group and that feels pretty good. Heading to Seward tomorrow for 4 days so I will be bit low on mileage this week....still have 10 months
                        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

...---...

Hi gang - no running this week. Man, this cold has really zapped me. Hope to get out this weekend for a run though, starting to feel a little better. If I could just get rid of this lingering nagging cough. Going to be a beautiful weekend.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Wife has been out of town, kids are sick, so it's been a crappy week. Until today, that is! They're feeling better, had a sitter for few hours, so I got a nice 13-miler in.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

AnneCA

Hey all, just checking in. Everything went well with the procedure today, and I should definitely be able to get out again on Sunday. The only problem was that they had me on a pulse monitor and cuff for pre-op baseline monitoring, and my resting heart rate apparently fluctuates around 50. Anytime it got below 50, the damn alarm started beeping. The first time it happened, the nurse pulls open the curtain saying "okay, so what kind of exercise do you do?" Cool Since they couldn't shut the alarm off, I promised her I would think anxious thoughts and fidget a lot. That seemed to help. I'm actually surprised it's that low -- the HRM on my Garmin always has an initial reading of 75 or so. Of course, that's as I'm walking downstairs to get started, so that must be the difference. And it's also possible, just maybe, that the hospital equipment is more accurate than a Garmin. Wink
                              Dutchie42

Anne: glad to hear the procedure went well. Hope you can run tomorrow. Jeff: crappy week for me too. First the L-foot (which seems to be OK again today), then I had such a severe muscle spasm in my back, that I lay on the floor of the office for two hours while colleagues were organising strong enough painkillers and a muscle relaxant drug. Colleagues took me home. Doctor prescribed diazepam. It worked like a charm but left me falling asleep a couple of times, dizzy and feeling sick.

Dutchie