2000Km-1243 mile club

May Days (Read 435 times)

...Well?

Went for a little 3 miler this morning with my DS trainers, just trying to take it easy on my sore foot.  Everything felt fine with the cushy shoes so I decided to try out the new Inov-8 155's.  I love them!  They are exactly what I have been looking for.  It's like running in my slippers but with laces on the top.  Almostly completely flat, extremely flexible sole.  Compared to the 195's the whole sole is lower and flatter, the toe box is a little wider and they are noticeably lighter.  And of course they come in a really cool flourescent yellow.

Imminent Catastrophe

Compared to the 195's the whole sole is lower and flatter, the toe box is a little wider and they are noticeably lighter.  

Wow!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice 10.3 on muddy trails in cool, rainy Portland. It was a good hard trail run but the last few days I've been having serious PF issues in my left foot and a pain in my right ankle, strange because these problems just started after a couple weeks of rest. The left heel was really hurting at the end of the run. My "comfortably hard" pace continues to get faster, I just hope these foot/ankle issues don't get serious. 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

My annual frustration 10K is in the morning.  It's the only 10K I have raced and I can just never seem to hit it right.  I'll be running after 12 hour work night this time.  I will still be very disappointed if I don't PR since my 10K PR is so weak. 

Minimum goal - PR (44:00)

Goal                   - 41:30

Stretch               - sub 40:00

HappyFeat

Good luck, Jeff! You know you have it in you - just bad timing in terms of your work schedule - I'm sending you some extra energy for your effort. Hope it helps!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

41:30  Bedtime!

HappyFeat

(and the crowd goes wild!)

Thrilled you met your goal!

Way to nail that goal time Jeff!

New Orleans Marathon - 2/24/2013  4:16:32

Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/27/2013 4:09:56 PR!

Honolulu Marathon - 12/8/2013

HappyFeat

10 mile LR for me today on my rolling-hills-route. My legs still feel tired from last Sunday's race, so I took it easy. Even so, the last 3 miles were faster than the first 3 and I managed the final one at 10 mpm. Rest Day tomorrow - whew! 

We've been having our share of rainy gray days lately, but TODAY we have SUN, patchy BLUE sky, temp about 50. IRC!

Imminent Catastrophe

Tried an easy treadmill today, that right ankle is still bad, I think I've strained the tendon. This could take some time to heal, I guess my 50k next weekend is out. Buh. 

Anyway I got 30 minutes on the TM elliptical.

MTA: Elliptical, not TM. Oops.

HappyFeat

Tried an easy treadmill today, that right ankle is still bad, I think I've strained the tendon. This could take some time to heal, I guess my 50k next weekend is out. Buh. 

Anyway I got 30 minutes on the TM. 

whoa! what a huge bummer! You're wise to heal up before tackling another challenge. I know of someone who didn't heed the warning signs and just tore her soleus during a trail race. Now she's out of the game for 6 weeks!

I went on a 5-mile RT hike yesterday to the top of Striped Peak overlooking the Strait, followed by a lovely picnic and walk along the bluffs. It was a beautiful sunny day and one of the most pleasant outings we've had in quite some time. Today I have a 6-miler on tap and wanted to take my camera and try and get some scenic shots of my bike trail - but NO sun today. boo!

ps: I have absolutely no idea where the blue text comes from. It happened once before too...one of life's little mysteries...

I can check in now that I have something positive to write (thanks for putting up with my ranting). Beautiful 4.5 miler in sunny 12*C, simply perfect after a month of rain. I took a rest week while the in-laws were visiting and now I'm getting into a mini cross training schedule for June. Spin class used lots of different muscles yesterday!

Perfesser - take care of that tendon. You've accomplished so much this year with more to come!

See you in June, A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

Have you seen that slogan, "Running is my Prozac"? 

Well, I'm off my meds! Angry

HappyFeat

Have you seen that slogan, "Running is my Prozac"? 

Well, I'm off my meds! Angry

I hear ya! Sad  I assume you're trying all the usual solutions? ice, NSAIDs, massage, whatever works...? Any improvement at all yet?