3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Racing Thread (Read 780 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive  

12/1 5k/10k   Savannah River Bridge Run Double Pump  Savannah, Ga  <1:20:09 

(last year's combined course time)

1:19:08

steph  

C-R

Well done Steph.

Well I did beat Beef by more than 15 minutes but that's only because we both DNF'd. Frankly Beef sholdn't have run with bronchitis but in true Hurtlocker fashion, he toed the line.

My epic suckfest ended at 18. My quads locked up at 17 and I could barely make it to the 18 aid station. Pitty as I was on a 4:45 pace which would have been better than last year.

That course spanked me like a 4 year old at K-Mart.

Damn it all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

12/15. Desert Solstice 24 Hour, Phoenix, AZ. Goal: 131 Miles, Stay within 20 miles of DB (there is a six pack riding on this), hit 100 miles in the 17:15-17:25 range. There is a very strong chance that I may be DFL here. This line up is a who's-who of ultra running. I have no idea how I was allowed to enter this.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

Well done Steph.

Well I did beat Beef by more than 15 minutes but that's only because we both DNF'd. Frankly Beef sholdn't have run with bronchitis but in true Hurtlocker fashion, he toed the line.

My epic suckfest ended at 18. My quads locked up at 17 and I could barely make it to the 18 aid station. Pitty as I was on a 4:45 pace which would have been better than last year.

Damn it all.

Sorry to hear that for both of you.  I know it is frustrating.

It is also a big kick in your collective asses to nut up and train your asses off.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Kalsarikännit

Sorry, boys. I am confident that 2013 will bring good racing. You guys can go back and kill it there.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

C-R

It is also a big kick in your collective asses to nut up and train your asses off.  Big grin

That started today and will continue. Enough of my half-assed bullshit.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

Damn it all.

How'd you put it last year Norm..."You were beat like a rented mule" or something to that extent.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yes, sorry guys.  But a new year is right around the corner!

steph  

Ostrich runner

I had a fun day, no regrets at all. I knew when I signed up 8 weeks before race day completely untrained that things would have to go really well. When I got sick, I knew there was a very good chance that was the end of the race. I got a good workout in on a nice day, and shared good beer and good brats with friends. I managed to not hurt myself, although I am a bit surprised how stiff I am after what turned out to be a really slow half marathon. At points during the race it was over 70 degrees. Between the heat and coughing, I think my O2 levels were low. More than really hurting, I was just lethargic and sleepy. I considered walking it in because I don't think I would have had any trouble beating the cutoff, but based on how I feel today, I made the right decision. Right now I am hoping I can either do the Eagle Creek night half or full on 1/26. After that, I think I'm looking at DWD Gnaw Bone as my goal race. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

#artbydmcbride

You guys are tough!  Rest up and get well.

I love the Sheriff's run series, it is put on by their athletic association to get their teams ready for the Baker to Vegas relay.  The races are small, full of young Sheriff deputies and the traffic control is bar none.  Big grin  Needless to say, I usually win my age group (unchallenged) and get a nice star badge medal.  Racing in 3 of the series gets you an awesome glass beer mug also.  Now I need to run two more, I have my eye on Men's Central Jail, Homicide Division or the Citadel in South Gate...

I ran 52:42

Runners run

kcam

Good weekend everyone.  Milktruck, Teaolive, rgilbert, ileneforward all made their goals.  The other three of us ... well, let's get back to work.

Sorry to hear about the DNFs at Tecumseh, guys.  One or both of you guys needs to be waiting at next years Tecumseh start to beat the crap out of it.  A 3650 mile year (or a serious attempt at it) would do the trick and then some.

isandbagforward - way to blow out that goal!  (JK on the sandbag thing - gotta give you some shit for that!).  Star badge medal and a glass mug - that'd be enough to get me out at that series. 

I had a really good day despite epicly bad conditions.  The only thing worse conditions I've run in was 2007 Chicago - I'll take wind and rain over 90+ temps any day.  I started out running 7 min miles fully expecting to jog it in but I kept passing or seeing my racing buddies and I couldn't just give it to them, could I?  F that.  They want to beat me they gotta earn it.  So I gradually shifted more and more into race mode and by the last 5 miles the wind and rain became pretty much of just a light rain.  Up till then a driving rain and tough winds.  The start was fricking horrendous with VERY heavy rain and probably at least 30-40mph gusts.   I was very strong for the last 5 miles and passed a whole lot of folks, I think on a good condition day I would have gone faster than 2:54 but woulda, coulda, shoulda blah blah blah.

Hold the phone - Just checked results and I got 2nd in the 50-54 AG!  Woohoo.  That and 7 bucks will buy me a starbucks Costa Rica Vente Grande or some such brew.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

1:39:16

But, I think course was short...

First I've heard that. I didn't run it, but various locals did.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Can I put some in even though I haven't been in here in quite a while - since I got lazy and gave up on pushups..

NAME DATE DISTANCE RACE LOCATION GOAL RESULT
                            AP 12/8 5K Jingle Bell Annapolis, MD <18:00  
                            AP 12/9 15K Anniversary Run Annapolis, MD 58:30  

Oops. Didn't realize these were same weekend til now.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

12/15 - Lookout Mt 50 miler. I'd love to come in under 12:00.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

12/15 - Lookout Mt 50 miler. I'd love to come in under 12:00.

I'm sure that must be a flat and fast course, so go fast.