3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Racing Thread (Read 780 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm training through the weekend, but just easy mid-distance. Trying to run MP one weekday per week - inspired by bhearn's thread on Hansonn plan. Anyway, will say <= 18:36 for the 5K Sun morning race - this Sunday, Dec 23.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Fresh off my epic fail I have regrouped and will run a 5k in town on 12/22. At least I should be able to complete the distance.

Last one was 20:30 so lets say sub 20.

MTA:

Yeah so that didn't work out so well. 21:16. FAIL#2

We had some major ice on the course. Couple of people in front of me wiped out. Last mile was not one for good footing. Ran it hard though. Another one next week. Perhaps the footing will be better.

Ice!  Yuck!    And i was whining about a little bit off of chill here.  

Better luck next week, C-R.

steph  

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Better than going down with a twist or a break.

Feeling the growl again

spaniel -- same 2/22 race as C-R and WhoDat -- 16:40

The weather sucks and I'm sick, so I will go as hard as I can.

DNS.  Sick.  Though I did manage to pull myself together long enough to go meet the guys and drink Trent's beer.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

#artbydmcbride

screw shoes?

Runners run

Keep your "Barefoot über alles!" proselytizing to yourself!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

NAME DATE DISTANCE RACE LOCATION GOAL RESULT
                CliveF 12/22 5k Christmas Elf Run Mt. Mourne NC sub-19:28 (i.e., PR)*  

(*) -- assuming the course is the right length this year.

I haven't done any speedwork since October, but I wanna run fast anyway.

Given my lack of fast running lately and in further view of the 30-something temperatures and the stiff wind ... I hit upon the bright idea of going out at 19-flat pace and seeing if I could hang on to the finish.  That lasted less than 1 km, then I just raced.  This man became an island a little past 2km, and I spent the remainder of the race trying to catch the former-collegiate runner ahead of me and worrying about getting caught by my own personal chase pack.

19:24 on the big clock and the posted results, yet 19:26 in their online results (WTF?!).  PR either way.

(And the course purportedly was certified, although it doesn't yet show in the USATF website.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Given my lack of fast running lately and in further view of the 30-something temperatures and the stiff wind ... I hit upon the bright idea of going out at 19-flat pace and seeing if I could hang on to the finish.  That lasted less than 1 km, then I just raced.  This man became an island a little past 2km, and I spent the remainder of the race trying to catch the former-collegiate runner ahead of me and worrying about getting caught by my own personal chase pack.

19:24 on the big clock and the posted results, yet 19:26 in their online results (WTF?!).  PR either way.

(And the course purportedly was certified, although it doesn't yet show in the USATF website.)

Congrats on the PR!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Slo

Nice Job Clive.  I seem to get stuck between groups all the time. It sucks.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congratulations, Clive.

steph  

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm training through the weekend, but just easy mid-distance. Trying to run MP one weekday per week - inspired by bhearn's thread on Hansonn plan. Anyway, will say <= 18:36 for the 5K Sun morning race - this Sunday, Dec 23.

Comraderie over racing. 40:40. 4mi option instead of 5K (because we were about a mile short on our warmup, and looking for 13mi total group run)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

C-R has promised beer, so I'll do one more this year.

12/22    5K's of Christmas    Carmel, IN    23:00

Slipped on some ice early in the race and fell on my ass. A lot of the course was pretty slick, so just took it easy.

26:29

C-R did come through with beer though. Really good beer. Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Nicely done Clive!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Slipped on some ice early in the race and fell on my ass. A lot of the course was pretty slick, so just took it easy.

26:29

C-R did come through with beer though. Really good beer. Big grin

For perspective-- this race was won in 15:53 last year, 5th place in the 16:20-30 range.  This year it was 17:13.  It was not the same people, but I believe that should give some context to the condition of the course.

#artbydmcbride

{{(({{WhoDatRunner's ass}}}}

I ran 44:21 for my Christmas Tree race, and got an awesome little Christmas tree.

Runners run