3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

4th Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - July 27, 2013 (Read 371 times)

Feeling the growl again

I'm thinking a stout.  Something Guinness-like would go down really easy.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Cool Jump Suit

I plan on making my 3rd Spaniel Farms Beer Mile.  First one I drank MGD, last year I drank Budweiser.  Think I'm gonna drink something a little more gourmet in 2013.  Don't worry about the date for me.  I'll try to work with whatever. 

So bittersweet,
      This tragedy
      Won't ask for absolution;
      This melody,
      Inside of me,
      Still searches for solution.
      A twist of faith,
      A change of heart
      Cures my infatuation.
      A broken heart, 
      Provides the spark
      For my determination.

Cool Jump Suit

I wonder what the chances are that I can talk the wife into two day-long drives to meet up with a bunch of imaginary internet friends... to run a mile while drinking.  Well, a guy can try, right?

(Note - don't schedule around me, I'll work with the chosen date if I can.  I have no idea what the summer will bring yet.)

You need to make it.  Swing by and pick up Mississippi and Jill B on your way over too.  Smile

So bittersweet,
        This tragedy
        Won't ask for absolution;
        This melody,
        Inside of me,
        Still searches for solution.
        A twist of faith,
        A change of heart
        Cures my infatuation.
        A broken heart, 
        Provides the spark
        For my determination.

C-R

I'm thinking a stout.  Something Guinness-like would go down really easy.

I would think you need to steer clear of the ones with a nitro canister. Guiness does have a couple of brands that are in bottles with no nitro. I have several in the fridge. I may chugging one in the near future to see the result.

Damn it man. You've got me thinking beer mile in Dec. Six+ months early.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

I could be easily persuaded.

Feeling the growl again

I could be easily persuaded.

Ahem.... FREE BEER.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Slo

C-R

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

an amazing likeness

I can see what it is on a map...but in real world reality -- what's the drive time from Des Moines to Indy ?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Feeling the growl again

I can see what it is on a map...but in real world reality -- what's the drive time from Des Moines to Indy ?

An easy 7.5 hours.  On the way to Montana it was just a warmup.

Prince of Fatness

I didn't know that there was a Des Moines in Maine.

For reference it took me 10 - 10.5 hours from just east of the Lehigh Valley, PA.

Not at it at all. 

an amazing likeness

I didn't know that there was a Des Moines in Maine.

I'm fairly routinely in Des Moines for work...so I glanced at the map, thinking if the timing maybe was right...who knows.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Slo

I'm fairly routinely in Des Moines for work...so I glanced at the map, thinking if the timing maybe was right...who knows.

Do you do any of the Des Moines races MT...Like the dam to dam?

xhristopher

I wonder if we're going to visit my brother in law in IN next summer. If so, I would then I wonder how I would explain needing to go away to run a beer mile and then running my BAC way up so I'm gone for most of the day. 

One of these days I'll run a beer mile. I've already been a bad parent and watched you tube videos of others doing it with my 10 year old. 

Feeling the growl again

I wonder if we're going to visit my brother in law in IN next summer. If so, I would then I wonder how I would explain needing to go away to run a beer mile and then running my BAC way up so I'm gone for most of the day. 

What part of IN? Pretty much all is within 2-2.5 hrs at most.

You know, once you are out on an errand somewhere...cars break down.  Tires go flat.  It takes time to get them fixed.  Insert random rural Indiana joke or meth head encounter for added believability.