3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

4th Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - July 27, 2013 (Read 371 times)

Feeling the growl again

Confirmation needed: bottles allowed?

Yes.  After my scientific experiment confirming that bottles empty faster, and watching an official Beer Mile WR attempt that used bottles, bottles will be allowed.

Penalty lap with warm Busch Light for missing the receptacles and breaking glass on the ground.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well shit. This just got easy.

Feeling the growl again

Well shit. This just got easy.

Big grin

I aim to please.

And, third time is the charm.  I finally figured out how to get a keg dialed in within 2 mugs rather than needing to drink heavily for 3-4 days just to get it right.

Yup, still tasty...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

Final logistical email out.  If you opted in, you should have it.  We have 6 RAers and at least one other local attendee.

Who is doing the virtual beer mile?  Finn, you still in for that?

Prince of Fatness

Who is doing the virtual beer mile?  Finn, you still in for that?

Sorry, no can do.  I have barely run at all since my leg went numb Memorial Day weekend.  The hip is still bothering me.  Add to that things have been hectic since my granddaughter was born, my mother is coming to visit, etc., I just have not had time to focus on this.

That said have fun folks, and please get pictures.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Damn. I still haven't selected a beer. Oh well, I do better under pressure.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Sorry, no can do.  I have barely run at all since my leg went numb Memorial Day weekend.  The hip is still bothering me.  Add to that things have been hectic since my granddaughter was born, my mother is coming to visit, etc., I just have not had time to focus on this.

That said have fun folks, and please get pictures.

This thread is useless without them and Ilene would never forgive me.

That hip thing really sucks.  I wish I had some further solution to offer you.  Honestly since I have started doing my PT frequently (regular/side planks, hip flexor strengthening while planking with hands on basketball, and 5-minute hip flexor stretches) and paid more attention to my posture and hip angle, mine has been 90% better.

Prince of Fatness

That hip thing really sucks.  I wish I had some further solution to offer you.  Honestly since I have started doing my PT frequently (regular/side planks, hip flexor strengthening while planking with hands on basketball, and 5-minute hip flexor stretches) and paid more attention to my posture and hip angle, mine has been 90% better.

I do enough core work that I should notice improvement but there is none.  Had a lot of message therapy along with chiro adjustments last year, very little improvement.  A couple of weeks ago I was stretching my hip at my desk and something clicked in there.  It felt like an electrode sent a shock wave all the way down to my foot.  Where that click happened is always sore.  While I won't rule out any issue with my back, I am over 90% sure that there is something pinching the nerve in my hip.  I have an appointment in August with a neurologist and I am going to push for an MRI or other testing that can get a good look in there.

Anyway have fun this weekend.

Not at it at all. 

Ostrich runner

Is the pain in the front or the back?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Prince of Fatness

Is the pain in the front or the back?

The pain is in my lower butt and sometimes travels down the back of my leg.  Weird thing is the times that the leg goes numb it feels like it is in the quads.  I get the sensation that my knee will give out and it stays above the knee.  Almost like two separate issues.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Train hard.  There is a lot at stake here.

Walk-Jogger

Any chance there'll be a live video feed of this epic event, like on Universal Sports or such?

Joking

Retired &  Loving It

Have fun people !

C-R

Any chance there'll be a live video feed of this epic event, like on Universal Sports or such?

Joking

EPSN 8, "The Ocho" is carrying all the festivities.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

kcam

Train hard.  There is a lot at stake here.

Now there's a 'metal' I would put in a shadow box.  My wife would just love it.