3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

4th Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - July 27, 2013 (Read 371 times)

Feeling the growl again

Hot damn. As much of a bummer it is you won't join the debauchery, what a great gift. We will need to brew a special beer for the new grandchild.

Oh and I read you get an extra 5 minutes for your BQ time if your a grandparent. So there's that.

+1.  Sorry you can't make it but it sounds like you have more exciting things in the works.  I'm very happy for you.

Of course it wouldn't hurt if you brewed a commemorative batch and sent us a few to crack open for the group.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

We will need to brew a special beer for the new grandchild.

Thought has already gone into this, go figure.  My son in law helps me brew on occasion and suggested a milk stout.  I like the idea.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Finn not at Beer mile = Finn at Monkey!!!

Just sayin

Feeling the growl again

suggested a milk stout.  I like the idea.

LOL.  Awesome idea.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Birth of Grandchild > Beer Mile

Congrats Finn!

Baby Bottle Milk Stout. Give that out instead of cigars.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Congrats Finn!  Awesome news.

Feeling the growl again

I am awfully close to just calling in July 27th.  If you have further input, speak now or risk missing out on good beer.

Okay so the problem here lies that I would have to drink four beers which is twice the amount of beers that make me tipsy.  So with that said could we have a section of beer mile fans and also maybe a beer tasting contest?

Everyone brings a 6 or 12 pack of beer of your choice and we get a ton of those little cups you use in the bathroom or bring your own tall shooter and do a taste test.  We can give stupid awards for best tasting beer, coolest name beer and worst tasting beer.  Everyone would of course vote on these.  Beer brought in cooler but with no name on them.   We number the coolers and off we go to drink a bunch of crappy beers.

This sounds like a lot of fun and if the timing works out I would like to attend.   My thought is that Spaniel should just pick a date that works best for him and whoever can come comes.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                  • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                  • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

I am awfully close to just calling in July 27th.  If you have further input, speak now or risk missing out on good beer.

Going once...going twice...

Go for it if it works for you and everyone else.  We'll be getting back either the weekend before or early in the week.  Coincidentally, the 27th is the final day of Ragbrai (Slo_Hand and maybe WG would be out) and the same day as the BIX 7.  Arrrghh, what to do...

C-R

Everyone brings a 6 or 12 pack of beer of your choice and we get a ton of those little cups you use in the bathroom or bring your own tall shooter and do a taste test.  We can give stupid awards for best tasting beer, coolest name beer and worst tasting beer.  Everyone would of course vote on these.  Beer brought in cooler but with no name on them.   We number the coolers and off we go to drink a bunch of crappy beers.

Dude. This is what happens for several hours after the beer mile and use glasses or mugs. And if you only bring a 6 pack, you'll be about a 12 pack short of what everyone else brings.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Going once...going twice...

Go for it if it works for you and everyone else.  We'll be getting back either the weekend before or early in the week.  Coincidentally, the 27th is the final day of Ragbrai (Slo_Hand and maybe WG would be out) and the same day as the BIX 7.  Arrrghh, what to do...

Ugh.  Well, nothing will work for everybody, unfortunately.  I'll just try to remember to accomodate people one year who I screwed with the date selection the prior year, if they want to attend.

Pending final confirmation on my own calendar...

Feeling the growl again

Okay so the problem here lies that I would have to drink four beers which is twice the amount of beers that make me tipsy.  So with that said could we have a section of beer mile fans and also maybe a beer tasting contest?

This sounds like a lot of fun and if the timing works out I would like to attend.   My thought is that Spaniel should just pick a date that works best for him and whoever can come comes.

Dude, this is the Hurtlocker.  We use full sized mugs.  Grow a fucking liver.  You can pass out on the lawn when you are done, I'm sure the smell from all the empties will keep the coyotes away from your carcass overnight.

People brought so much beer last year I think I had over half the 1/5 barrel keg left (and it was only down that far because Finn and I were half in the bag off it before anyone arrived) and I STILL have 4-6 beers left over.  Until about a month ago I had a substantial number of beers left over from it.

People brought so much beer last year I think I had over half the 1/5 barrel keg left (and it was only down that far because Finn and I were half in the bag off it before anyone arrived) and I STILL have 4-6 beers left over.  Until about a month ago I had a substantial number of beers left over from it.

What else did you think was going to happen?  Besides with those that were in attendance last year, it was fun trying to find something "different" as well as bring a few of the local favorites.  I think I finished the last of the Heinekin in December.  It took me a while to even want to grab it out of the fridge.  It kept getting pushed to the back.  Still, the quest for the right temp must go on.

Feeling the growl again

What else did you think was going to happen?

I thought people would come and drink the free beer and perhaps share a few.  I massively underestimated the beer enthusiast and generosity in the crew.

Damn you guys hurt my feelings.  I think I will just curl up in a little fucking ball and cry myself to sleep.  Seriously though if you were such big drinkers you would not have any left over beer.

With that said I will leave you with this:

If you bring booze to a party, you must drink it or leave it.  So I will bring 18 and leave 16 poor beers to wait in your fridge. Probably more like leaving 12.  So at some point the Hudy will will go past the BOD and will become wasted beer.  As if it was not already.  You think it was bad before letting it sit around awhile.  This is on your head!!   On your fucking head!

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                                • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                                • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon