3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

Yes heal up y'all, once the weather starts getting better (shouldn't be long now, right?) there's lots of running to do and PRs to chase.

Well the EMG-NCV test showed that I have ulna neuropathy in both arms. Not sure what the root cause is as of yet though my accident last year and my recent falls were ruled out. The doctor said that my hand muscle atrophy was AMAZING (not sure that is the word I would have used). Anyway appointment with a hand surgeon has been made for the second week of August *sigh*

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

Well the EMG-NCV test showed that I have ulna neuropathy in both arms. Not sure what the root cause is as of yet though my accident last year and my recent falls were ruled out. The doctor said that my hand muscle atrophy was AMAZING (not sure that is the word I would have used). Anyway appointment with a hand surgeon has been made for the second week of August *sigh*

***hug***

I know that is awkward in the Hurtlocker but so be it.  I hope they can get to the root cause.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Have another awkward, but well meaning hug, Rocken.  I also hope they can get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.  

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Have another awkward, but well meaning hug, Rocken.  I also hope they can get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.  

Yes, this!

steph  

Prince of Fatness

Well reading the last page or so tells me that I shouldn't feel sorry for myself.  Good thing that I am past that stage bynow.

I'm still seeing the sports chiro once a week and am feeling a little better.  The tingling in my leg is less frequent.  I have seen enough improvement that I have picked up my running a bit and committed to losing some weight.  I still don't know where I am going with this but figured I should at least try to ramp things up if for no other reason to find out if I am wasting time going to the doc (right now I do not think that I am).

Not at it at all. 

Thanks Andy, Sarah and Steph!!    I'll take the awkward hugs since you guys are putting up with my complaining!

Tim, I don't think you are wasting your time with the doctor! Good luck with the picking it up and the weight loss. It  would really be nice to see you able to get back into racing shape (that is if that's what you want)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

Tim, I don't think you are wasting your time with the doctor! Good luck with the picking it up and the weight loss. It  would really be nice to see you able to get back into racing shape (that is if that's what you want)

Thanks.  I've had more of an urge to get back on the horse as of late.  We'll see.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Thanks.  I've had more of an urge to get back on the horse as of late.  We'll see.

Yes, Beer Mile 2013 is only 11.5 months away...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Well went and saw regular doctor. He wants a neuropathy panel done which I'll do on Monday since it will require them to take 9-10 vials of blood. He's also going to get in touch with the neurologist group since he feels that's where I need to be seen (unless for some reason something shows up on the test that he is able to deal with. The problem that started in my right hand/arm is now in left arm/hand and in feet. He is not happy with how fast it's progressing.  I have no desire to run though I did "race" last night and have a relay this weekend. Go figure I signed up for a marathon and half marathon and made them my goals for fall *sigh*  

Feeling the growl again

Well went and saw regular doctor. He wants a neuropathy panel done which I'll do on Monday since it will require them to take 9-10 vials of blood. He's also going to get in touch with the neurologist group since he feels that's where I need to be seen (unless for some reason something shows up on the test that he is able to deal with. The problem that started in my right hand/arm is now in left arm/hand and in feet. He is not happy with how fast it's progressing.  I have no desire to run though I did "race" last night and have a relay this weekend. Go figure I signed up for a marathon and half marathon and made them my goals for fall *sigh*  

Crap.  My thoughts and prayers are with you that this is a lot of commotion about something pretty minor.

Prince of Fatness

Crap.  My thoughts and prayers are with you that this is a lot of commotion about something pretty minor.

+1.  Sending positive vibes your way Pam.

Not at it at all. 

DoppleBock

crap

My prayers are with you - Let's get it figured out and kick its ass 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

Dang Rocken. We'll be thinking of you. Here's to finding a solution and quickly.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

crap

My prayers are with you - Let's get it figured out and kick its ass 

Yeah, that.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.