3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

Prince of Fatness

Are all the recent handle changes related and I don't get it?

Totally unrelated in my case.  Not sure why I did it.  Maybe I was just bored.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Just got back from PT and I've been given the OK to ditch the boot and just wear the ankle brace. I've also been given the OK to walk and bike, but still no running.

My handle's kind of lame. I'd change it if I could think of something cooler, but I'm too lame to think of anything cool.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Cool.  Baby steps as my son says Wink

steph  

Feeling the growl again

Just got back from PT and I've been given the OK to ditch the boot and just wear the ankle brace. I've also been given the OK to walk and bike, but still no running.

My handle's kind of lame. I'd change it if I could think of something cooler, but I'm too lame to think of anything cool.

RagunCajun?  GatorBater?  There has to be something clever in there.

Good news...if you can bike, you can work out.  Wink   Maybe you need to borrow my road bike.  The last guy has had it 1.5 years so he's probably due to give it back.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

thebutlerdidit

Not at it at all. 

L Train

When you can't run, at least biking keeps you from going batshit and can slow the decline.  It's no substitute for running but it is something.  I just have to remember that you have to go like hell and not lollygag around, and it takes at least twice as long as running to get the same workout.  Good news is that it seems like you can go like hell every ride, not hurt yourself and your legs will give out before your lungs/heart do.   

L Train

Rabutler?  I just met her! 

C-R

whodat is available

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Hah! You guys are funny.

I might be able to do something with whodat. Anything with bater in it probably isn't the best idea. Wink

I have a Trek hybrid that I ride to work sometimes. That'll work for just cruising around, but a road bike would be nice.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Hah! You guys are funny.

I might be able to do something with whodat. Anything with bater in it probably isn't the best idea. Wink

I have a Trek hybrid that I ride to work sometimes. That'll work for just cruising around, but a road bike would be nice.

Seriously, if you want the bike, it will be a TAD large for you but you are welcome to it.  The only issue may be shoes, the ones I have will definitely be too big for you to even try to use.

I tried to do a set of mile repeats today.  Not fifty yards into accelerating up to speed, I got a knot in my glute that just got worse as I went along.  I limped to the end of the first mile then jogged it in.  Looks like nothing but hobbyjogg through the weekend.  Dammit, I'm running out of time to train for this marathon.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

When you can't run, at least biking keeps you from going batshit and can slow the decline.  It's no substitute for running but it is something.  I just have to remember that you have to go like hell and not lollygag around, and it takes at least twice as long as running to get the same workout.  Good news is that it seems like you can go like hell every ride, not hurt yourself and your legs will give out before your lungs/heart do.   

+1, says the guy who spent a lot of last spring/summer on a bike.  I didn't get fitter, but I didn't lose very much.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Went for a 30 min bike ride. Now my legs feel like noodles, but it felt good to do something.

Spaniel, I could probably pick up some cycling shoes on eBay cheap. It might be nice to borrow it until I can start running again, but don't go out of your way if you have to get it back from someone. My Trek will do for the (hopefully) short time that I can't run.

Feeling the growl again

Went for a 30 min bike ride. Now my legs feel like noodles, but it felt good to do something.

Spaniel, I could probably pick up some cycling shoes on eBay cheap. It might be nice to borrow it until I can start running again, but don't go out of your way if you have to get it back from someone. My Trek will do for the (hopefully) short time that I can't run.

Dude, I've been trying to get the bike back from him ever since 2 weeks after he borrowed it.  Let me text him and see if I can get him to drop it off sometime.

C-R

I tried to do a set of mile repeats today.  Not fifty yards into accelerating up to speed, I got a knot in my glute that just got worse as I went along.  I limped to the end of the first mile then jogged it in.  Looks like nothing but hobbyjogg through the weekend.  Dammit, I'm running out of time to train for this marathon.

Shit must be going around. I had my first ever "bonk". Planned 20 and crashed at 14.5. Actually had to call for a ride. I guess going on a reduced calorie diet. Losing 5 lbs in 3 days. And coming off a hard HM the previous weekend will do that. Crap.

Heal up spaniel.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Finally back from vacation and after an attempted run a week ago, I decided to just enjoy the beaches in Florida and take in some R&R and not worry about running.  The run a week ago took me 3 days to get back to normal.  Now as we are a week later, I decided to try it again.  Fortunately everything felt pretty good.  Other than the form feeling awkward and the whole feeling out of shape thing, the run was nice.  We'll see how the lower leg holds up throughout the night but I'm hopeful that this is a good start.  I should have been in sub-16 shape by now but with how March went, I need to reset and build back up.