3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Here's the thread for all the things which come out of left field and ruin/set back an otherwise valiant attempt to hurt yourself.

Does an asthma attack at mile 45 in a 100 miler count?

Purdey

Self anointed title

Yes.  Yes it does.  That is the suckiest of sucker punches.

Feeling the growl again

Dude. Glad you are okay.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Yes.  Yes it does.  That is the suckiest of sucker punches.

+1  A true sucker punch.

Dude. Glad you are okay.

+1

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I'm laid up for the day. Not sure what I did to my left foot other than it started hurting in the middle of my run yesterday. Cut run 2 miles short not because I couldn't finish my run but because I was worried about causing injury. Well I have a nice bruise on the top left/side of my  foot however I can jump on it over and over with no pain. Guess that is a positive

foot

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

C-R

Sounds more like a punch in the throat. Certainly qualifies. You'll get even next time.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Finally back from vacation and after an attempted run a week ago, I decided to just enjoy the beaches in Florida and take in some R&R and not worry about running.  The run a week ago took me 3 days to get back to normal.  Now as we are a week later, I decided to try it again.  Fortunately everything felt pretty good.  Other than the form feeling awkward and the whole feeling out of shape thing, the run was nice.  We'll see how the lower leg holds up throughout the night but I'm hopeful that this is a good start.  I should have been in sub-16 shape by now but with how March went, I need to reset and build back up.

Woohoo, 2 days in a row.  6 miles at 6:40 pace.  Felt comfortable but yet left me pleasantly tired at the end.  All feels good with the knee and lower leg.  Just need to keep it easy over the next weeks and then let loose.  Time to rebuild!

Woohoo, 2 days in a row.  6 miles at 6:40 pace.  Felt comfortable but yet left me pleasantly tired at the end.  All feels good with the knee and lower leg.  Just need to keep it easy over the next weeks and then let loose.  Time to rebuild!

Nice.  Great news.

Hope you heal soon Rocken.  How is it feeling after a little bit of rest?  Hope you're coping.

Trent, I'm late to the party, but I agree that is a really sucky sucker punch.  I'm also glad you're okay.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Nice.  Great news.

Hope you heal soon Rocken.  How is it feeling after a little bit of rest?  Hope you're coping.

Trent, I'm late to the party, but I agree that is a really sucky sucker punch.  I'm also glad you're okay.

I've diagnosed myself with a very very minor ankle sprain.  When I was running on Tuesday we went off road and and about a mile or so into that is when my foot started to hurt. I wasn't expecting to go off roads and even if I had, I don't think I would have thought about how tired my tendons were from the trail race. They were feeling way too good on the roads.  I went for a mile run today and could feel the tiredness in the tendon by my ankle and knew from experience NOT to push it, that it needs a bit more rest so another day completely off my feet. Thanks for asking!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Glad that you were able to spot the problem and what to do for it

before making it worse!  

steph  

Ostrich runner

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/04/02/meanwhile-at-the-smithfield-horse-fair/

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Tried a 3 mile run yesterday. It was a little too soon. My leg is pretty sore today.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Tried a 3 mile run yesterday. It was a little too soon. My leg is pretty sore today.

That was my thought after trying to shovel driveway rock with my bad wrist.

Be careful.  Let me know if you need a road bike. I have an indoor trainer for it too.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Sounds like you are very smart about your recovery ... I belong in the same virtual room as you ... 

I've diagnosed myself with a very very minor ankle sprain.  When I was running on Tuesday we went off road and and about a mile or so into that is when my foot started to hurt. I wasn't expecting to go off roads and even if I had, I don't think I would have thought about how tired my tendons were from the trail race. They were feeling way too good on the roads.  I went for a mile run today and could feel the tiredness in the tendon by my ankle and knew from experience NOT to push it, that it needs a bit more rest so another day completely off my feet. Thanks for asking!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !