3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

Prince of Fatness

I found a sports chiro that does ART and Graston.  This guy was recommended by someone on RA and is about 40 miles closer than the other guy I am seeing.  Based on what I told him when I emailed him he is thinking compartment syndrome related to the psoas muscle or something along those lines.  We'll see.  The appointment is for next Monday the 9th.  Until then I will keep up with the little bit of running and core work that I am doing.

Spent an hour or so with this guy.  He seems thorough in the way he works.  He did a little more in strength testing than the other guy I was seeing.  Anyway, he thinks a lot of the nerve stuff that I have going on is psoas related.  He has not ruled out my back completely, but wants to first focus on the psoas.  What I like about this guy is that he seemed to feel "challenged" by my problem, so maybe I will at least get to the bottom of this even if it is something that I do not want to hear.

Not at it at all. 

not sure what's going on however working with doctor to try and figure things out. I've got races to do but running at the moment is on the back burner. I'll probably still do the races since I've paid for them.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

not sure what's going on however working with doctor to try and figure things out. I've got races to do but running at the moment is on the back burner. I'll probably still do the races since I've paid for them.

I was wondering what until I saw the other thread...wow, I really hope they figure it out quickly. 

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

A Saucy Wench

Softball cleats destroyed my healing achilles last night.  Feel like i undid all the good work my acupuncturist did last week. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

C-R

Softball cleats destroyed my healing achilles last night.  Feel like i undid all the good work my acupuncturist did last week. 

I once had softball described to me by a Dr. friend as the "medical practice full employment sport" for all of the lower leg injuries for anyone over 25 years of age. 

Heal up.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

A Saucy Wench

I once had softball described to me by a Dr. friend as the "medical practice full employment sport" for all of the lower leg injuries for anyone over 25 years of age. 

Heal up.

Yeah, that's because softball is full of weekend warriors.  Seriously it was one of those holy hell moments.  I am the oldest person on the team.  And with the exception of 1 girl and 2 guys, the thinnest.  And nobody would describe me as thin right now. 

I will never learn my teammates names.  We have 5 guys on the team who are all 25 ish, 5'10 ish, 300 lb ish.   They all look alike to me.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

C-R

Yeah, that's because softball is full of weekend warriors.  Seriously it was one of those holy hell moments.  I am the oldest person on the team.  And with the exception of 1 girl and 2 guys, the thinnest.  And nobody would describe me as thin right now. 

I will never learn my teammates names.  We have 5 guys on the team who are all 25 ish, 5'10 ish, 300 lb ish.   They all look alike to me.

You guys play at a water park or something?

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

rocken and Ennay, sorry to hear of your travails.  I hope things turn around quickly.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Big grin

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Best of luck with it Pam.

steph  

A Saucy Wench

Bats 'n bikinis

Thanks Steph.

Well I took a week off of my meds and I'm a mess. Couldn't even run a mile yesterday without stopping several times. My stomach was a mess during and afterwards so I ended up going to bed as soon as I sent the twins to bed.  Woke up with orange pee which is a little freaky. Also it appears that somehow I tore a muscle right above my Iliac Crest. It only hurts when I'm twisting and turning in my sleep or if I turn wrong while doing housework. Talk about nice timing. I have a 10 mile race on Sunday and my goal marathon is 3 weeks away *sigh*   I'll be going out at lunch with Ken to try and run. More of a test to see what it does to my stomach. If I end up in as much pain as I did yesterday I will be heading to the doctors asap. THIS SUCKS!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

C-R

Damn Rocken. Get well. There is always another marathon but only one you (fuck that is awkward for this place but you get my drift)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Thanks Steph.

Well I took a week off of my meds and I'm a mess. Couldn't even run a mile yesterday without stopping several times. My stomach was a mess during and afterwards so I ended up going to bed as soon as I sent the twins to bed.  Woke up with orange pee which is a little freaky. Also it appears that somehow I tore a muscle right above my Iliac Crest. It only hurts when I'm twisting and turning in my sleep or if I turn wrong while doing housework. Talk about nice timing. I have a 10 mile race on Sunday and my goal marathon is 3 weeks away *sigh*   I'll be going out at lunch with Ken to try and run. More of a test to see what it does to my stomach. If I end up in as much pain as I did yesterday I will be heading to the doctors asap. THIS SUCKS!

Damn.  What crap. 

steph  

A Saucy Wench

So the hamstring thing I thought I had beat came back yesterday.  Back to the basics...again