3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

C-R

But having a fourth is right out….

Hahahahaha. Yeah right.

So Hop. I am up to 4 and 5 miles at glacial pace. Getting better but 50 so far has sucked. Don't do it people.

Love the pics of K. Soon enough he'll be sporting a singlet and running cross country at a pace that make you want to hurl. Yeah I have that right now. Kiddo is training at 5:45. I can do that if its in kilometers but he's doing it per mile. Feck.

Ah well people, its all good.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Pretty sure I have chicken pox. 3rd or 4th time in my life.

I'll spare y'all the pictures.

Go big or go home.

Feeling the growl again

Go big or go home.

Immunological freak.

Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Go big or go home.

So, this doesn't bode well for you and shingles with or without vaccine?

steph  

Feeling the growl again

I've honestly been trying to get back on the running wagon.  I'm on my third bug back-to-back over the last several weeks though, it's been hard to string anything together.  This one is a real energy sapper.  I ran 10 miles yesterday, very easy, and I've slept 3 times in 24 hours trying to recover.  Yeck.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I kinda figure each time I get it, it is a booster against shingles.

So, this doesn't bode well for you and shingles with or without vaccine?

Prince of Fatness

I've honestly been trying to get back on the running wagon.  I'm on my third bug back-to-back over the last several weeks though, it's been hard to string anything together.  This one is a real energy sapper.  I ran 10 miles yesterday, very easy, and I've slept 3 times in 24 hours trying to recover.  Yeck.

I've been exhausted. But I'm running more than I'm used to. And it's been hot. And I'm 53 and it's been a few years since I've run any kind of miles.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I've been exhausted. But I'm running more than I'm used to. And it's been hot. And I'm 53 and it's been a few years since I've run any kind of miles.

You're tougher than me I guess, I'd be running even less if I didn't have the treadmill.  But I have literally zero shade on my runs outside here, and the heat amplifying effect of running amongst the corn fields.

This year has been a complete wash in a lot of respects.  I am looking forward to fall, for a re-boot in many of those areas.  WIth running topping the list.

You're tougher than me I guess, I'd be running even less if I didn't have the treadmill.  But I have literally zero shade on my runs outside here, and the heat amplifying effect of running amongst the corn fields.

This year has been a complete wash in a lot of respects.  I am looking forward to fall, for a re-boot in many of those areas.  WIth running topping the list.

Yeah, your not missing much not trying to run outside this summer. You're just saving yourself the pain.  Hopefully this fall you can find that balance and start getting some good miles in again.

DoppleBock

I am not picking the alternative

So Hop. I am up to 4 and 5 miles at glacial pace. Getting better but 50 so far has sucked. Don't do it people.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

I have nothing to complain about - I have some shit wrong with me, but nothing that stops me from running a slow pace other than fatness.  If I ever get in shape enough to be fast enough for my hip and back to matter again, I will complain then.

I still have this fantasy that "I'll be back" by fall 2017.

Village people

I kinda figure each time I get it, it is a booster against shingles.

I had shingles last year and it was miserable.

Well it's been ages since I've been in this group. I will never be the runner I was before and will NEVER get much mileage in. I was diagnosed with Stiff Person's SYndrome, Isaac's Syndrome and Sjorgan. Isaac's is a nerve and muscle disease and Stiff person's is a muscle disease.

I just figured i'd come in here and say hi and that if you are dealing with  injury or whatever IT could be much worse so try not to worry to much. OH and can you guys run some miles for me please?????

TIA

Rockenmama aka Pam

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

DoppleBock

Damn it !

That does suck.

When I talk to people about my struggles, I always tell them they are all just lame excuses.  I know people with one leg or severe issues (Like you and some other friends) and I let a little issue become a handicap.  I am so weak and worthless now ... but just wait and I will become strong in mind and body!

Well it's been ages since I've been in this group. I will never be the runner I was before and will NEVER get much mileage in. I was diagnosed with Stiff Person's SYndrome, Isaac's Syndrome and Sjorgan. Isaac's is a nerve and muscle disease and Stiff person's is a muscle disease.

I just figured i'd come in here and say hi and that if you are dealing with  injury or whatever IT could be much worse so try not to worry to much. OH and can you guys run some miles for me please?????

TIA

Rockenmama aka Pam

Village people

TIA

Rockenmama aka Pam

Wow, that sounds like a lot for one person to deal with. That is more than a sucker punch. I'm sorry. I will run some miles for you.