3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

September Racing Thread (Read 776 times)

Feeling the growl again

OK - Fessing up to my 1st of 3 goal races in the next 12 weeks

DoppleBock 9/1-2 Badgerland Striders 24 hour track race - Germantown, WI  625 laps

Good luck, man.  I know the heat and weaving around people can make it hard to get in your rhythm but you have experience on your side.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

spaniel - 9/3 - North Salem Old Fashioned Days 10K, North Salem, IN - 34:30, 1OA.

Both of those goal are probably a reach coming off this layoff.

Temp and dewpoint both the same and over 70 so it was miserable before we even started.  Just ran what I needed to do in order to stay in touch with the leader until we reached the 5K turnaround and I knew he was only running 5K.  Just tempo effort from there on in.  I had ~2min lead on 2nd at the halfway turnaround so I did not have to, and did not want to, put a lot of work into this one.  I put my energy into Saturday's workout and am still recovering a bit.

36:35, 1OA.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Temp and dewpoint both the same and over 70 so it was miserable before we even started.  Just ran what I needed to do in order to stay in touch with the leader until we reached the 5K turnaround and I knew he was only running 5K.  Just tempo effort from there on in.  I had ~2min lead on 2nd at the halfway turnaround so I did not have to, and did not want to, put a lot of work into this one.  I put my energy into Saturday's workout and am still recovering a bit.

Congrats on the 1OA.   I know that heat was brutal!

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

9/3 - North Salem Old Fashioned Days 10K, North Salem, IN : <54:00 (PR is 56:59)

Not even close.

58:58

As Spaniel said, it was warm and humid. Plus, I ran into a 5K guy at the 5K turnaround and had my shoe come untied twice. Not to mention I blew up pretty good. Oh well.

Congrats to Spaniel on 1OA!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

9/30 Augusta,GA - Augusta Half Ironman - goal <5:10

spaniel - 9/3 - North Salem Old Fashioned Days 10K, North Salem, IN - 36:35, 1OA.

Congrats! 

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

9/08/12

Graniteman 5k

Sauk Rapids MN

Goal: PR (Sub 22:27)

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

DoppleBock

Failure - Initial thoughts in my blog

Went without watch "By feel"

exactly where I wanted to be @ 12 hours = 323 laps

started struggling by 13 hours

fought to 100 miles

Although I had severe physical limitations after 100 miles - I was mentally weak and did not maximize the mileage within those physical issues - This is where the biggest failure came -

Once mentally cashed in - All I was looking for was the win - Thank you Mr Parker Rios for making me at least put in the effort that I did - I was going to cash in at 20 hours, but he was still giving effort, so I has ass went around until 22 ish hours and then I was close enought to 200k, that I got that job done - 200,400 meters (501 laps) in 22:15

Highlight of experience was WG and Pauly and as always spending time with the super crew of the year - My wife Jill !

Need to heal my body and mind and find my confidence.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

obsessor

9/15 Devil Dog 5k 20:30. I have to be realistic, and THAT, unfortunately, is realistic right now. (Previous PW is 18:31?)

an amazing likeness

Throwing out my Sept race plans....

09/03 MilkTruck - Applecrest Half Marathon, Hampton Falls, NH:  Goal=1:45:00 & finish (streak preservation), Result: 1:45:44

09/16 MilkTruck - Portland Trails to Ale 10K, Portland, ME: Goal=PR=45:59

09/30 MilkTruck - Maine Marathon, Portland, ME: Goal=3:45

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Congrats on over all Spaniel!!

I

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

9/08/12

Graniteman 5k

Sauk Rapids MN

Goal: PR (Sub 22:27)

8th Overall

2nd 40-49 Male

22:28

Close, but no cigar on the goal and PR

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

obsessor

dang! so close.

8th Overall

2nd 40-49 Male

22:28

Close, but no cigar on the goal and PR

Picking up hardware on the regular, I noticed.   

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Congrats on the win. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus