3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

September Racing Thread (Read 776 times)

If I have to keep checking logs to figure out you people are PRing, I'm going to start busting some kneecaps.

Good work!

Ha, thanks!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

obsessor

Dear Nader,

I know you could beat me now, in a race of almost any distance. You've turned into a real runner, for sure. But I hope you don't get complacent, because you will have to work a little harder if you want to stay ahead of me.

Feeling the growl again

Dear Nader,

I know you could beat me now, in a race of almost any distance. You've turned into a real runner, for sure. But I hope you don't get complacent, because you will have to work a little harder if you want to stay ahead of me.

Isn't this the part where you take it to the call-out thread?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Forgot to post, but ran Newport Liberty Half Marathon today in Jersey City, NJ: 1:27:34    

Damn Nads, that is awesome!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I'll pile on.  Dude, you're a winner here,  You lowered your PR, and you are still hungry,  No negatives there.

Don't overthink things.  Just be consistent.  You'll get to where you want to be,

+1 and congrats!

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Big congratulations Nader!

steph  

DoppleBock

I ran the 1st 4 loops with La Crosse people - Except when I walked with DD#1 who re-did a loop - this was a trail racee - grass and dirt - a few small ups and downs.  1st 11.2 miles in 1:50.   then I decided I wanted 15 total laps (no partials) so I did 11 laps = 30.8 in 4:03 - 42 miles total in 5:53 _ not bad on trail

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

PS

my achillies is the size of a grape fruit

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

9/29/2012

Fighting Saints ROTC 5k

Collegeville MN

Goal = PR (sub 22:27)

I haven't ran or seen this course before so I have no idea if its a PR course or not sp we'll see. Here is the description and they do not have a course map: "The route is across relatively flat terrain on the grass, asphalt, and aggregate surfaces of the scenic St. John's University trail system. The occasional hills and curves through the woods should make for an exhilarating 5K run."

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I finished the QC half in 1:55:12. I don't know what to make of it... I have to use the porta-jon twice... (imodium didn't help at all). On top of that my longest run in a few months has been 8 miles. Some positives: I forgot the feeling of being in a race, so now that fire is burning to become bad ass again. I saw some people I haven't seen for awhile. My kids think I am super hero.

Isn't this the part where you take it to the call-out thread?

Even the suggestion of a call-out by obsessor is an honor. 

Thanks, everyone!

Forgot to post, but ran Newport Liberty Half Marathon today in Jersey City, NJ: 1:27:34    

What, you holding out on us? Just a one line post with no details.  Umm, let's see, I forgot this was a PR.  I forgot that I ran with a completely different race strategy.  I forgot that I'm having one hell of a running year... 

Nads!  Nice run this weekend.  Keep up the consistency and good work.  I was reading your comments about racing without a watch.  People get fixated with the numbers and paces and all that.  Sometimes, it's good just to get out there and actually run uninhibited.  Personally, I like to wear my trusty old Timex for about everything.  It gives me just enough information.  My body tells me the rest.

I ran the 1st 4 loops with La Crosse people - Except when I walked with DD#1 who re-did a loop - this was a trail racee - grass and dirt - a few small ups and downs.  1st 11.2 miles in 1:50.   then I decided I wanted 15 total laps (no partials) so I did 11 laps = 30.8 in 4:03 - 42 miles total in 5:53 _ not bad on trail

Looks like it was a good family affair.  You and family did well this weekend.  Don't like hearing how the achilles are sizes of grapefruites though.  I didn't think that was possible from the man with steel cables for achilles.

2:02:43

A bit disappointed with this. I was really hoping to go under 2 hours, but just really lost it after mile 10. No good excuses except I'm just not there yet. I'm trying to decide if I should try again in November or wait until the Spring. Black eye

As what everyone else said...it's a PR baby!  You can be disappointed all you want but you have to put it into persepective.  You're making progress and improving week by week.  That's what it's all about.  Nice run!

What, you holding out on us? Just a one line post with no details.  Umm, let's see, I forgot this was a PR.  I forgot that I ran with a completely different race strategy.  I forgot that I'm having one hell of a running year... 

Nads!  Nice run this weekend.  Keep up the consistency and good work.  I was reading your comments about racing without a watch.  People get fixated with the numbers and paces and all that.  Sometimes, it's good just to get out there and actually run uninhibited.  Personally, I like to wear my trusty old Timex for about everything.  It gives me just enough information.  My body tells me the rest.

Thanks so much, Mike. 

I think the Timex has its place, but I wanted to try and mete out my effort over the length of the course and see what I got.