3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

September Racing Thread (Read 776 times)

DoppleBock

Funny thing - When the achillies looked and felt normal - It hurt like hell - Now that it looks like hell, it feels pretty good ??? 

Looks like it was a good family affair.  You and family did well this weekend.  Don't like hearing how the achilles are sizes of grapefruites though.  I didn't think that was possible from the man with steel cables for achilles.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

Well looking pretty is the wife's job so I would say you are good to go...

Funny thing - When the achillies looked and felt normal - It hurt like hell - Now that it looks like hell, it feels pretty good ??? 

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Some nice running up in here!  Congrats to Nads, DB, CEIE, and WDR.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

DoppleBock

I took a chance and ran on pavement today at lunch - No issues.  The next test will be a 30-35 mile trail run on hilly / technical stuff tomorrow afternoon.  If it keeps feeling like this for the rest of the week, I might even put a little bit of speed in next week. 

Well looking pretty is the wife's job so I would say you are good to go...

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Good news, DB. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Dadgum Nads!! That's some serious runnin'!  Congratulations!

Forgot to post, but ran Newport Liberty Half Marathon today in Jersey City, NJ: 1:27:34    

Dadgum Nads!! That's some serious runnin'!  Congratulations!

Tony, thanks my friend. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm not 100% sure I'm going to do this, but I'll post it just in case.

9/29 - Coach Hathaway's Running South 10K, Indianapolis, IN : <56:00 (PR is 56:59)

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm not 100% sure I'm going to do this, but I'll post it just in case.

9/29 - Coach Hathaway's Running South 10K, Indianapolis, IN : <56:00 (PR is 56:59)

54:43 for a 2 min 16 sec PR

Best race I've run in a while. I really needed that. I probably sandbagged my goal a bit. I thought about setting a goal of 55 min, but wasn't very confident. It's still a little slow if I want to go under 2 hours in a half, but at least I have a better feel for where I am and what I need to do.

The race was very well run and would recommend it to anyone in the Indy area.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

9/29/2012

Fighting Saints ROTC 5k

Collegeville MN

Goal = PR (sub 22:27)

I haven't ran or seen this course before so I have no idea if its a PR course or not sp we'll see. Here is the description and they do not have a course map: "The route is across relatively flat terrain on the grass, asphalt, and aggregate surfaces of the scenic St. John's University trail system. The occasional hills and curves through the woods should make for an exhilarating 5K run."

24:05

21st Overall

They changed the course this year and it is now a 100% trail run, so technically I just PR'd and got my goal?????

Anyway, it was hilly with loose gravel, rocks, sand, leaves and washouts. Pretty technical from a newby trailer racers perspective. I ended up walking three times on what felt like massive mountain climbs but I think I only gave up about 40 seconds overall during the walks and wouldn't have moved me up a whole lot. I was following the 1 and 2 women for about 3.5 km until the mountain got to me and they finished about 23:20 each.

I have gained a new respect for those who trail race.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

an amazing likeness

Throwing out my Sept race plans....

09/30 MilkTruck - Maine Marathon, Portland, ME: Goal=3:45

DNS..felled by ankle tendonitis and other foot/ankle problems over the past month. Oh well, live to fight another day.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

5:07 the hard way.  31:38 swim, 2:36 bike, and 1:53 run the most painful way possible.  Fairly evenly distributed splits starting at 7:51 for the first mile, down to 9:20 the last mile. 

A stupid way to do it, but still a 29 minute PR for the Half Ironman distance.

9/30 Augusta,GA - Augusta Half Ironman - goal <5:10

5:07 the hard way.  31:38 swim, 2:36 bike, and 1:53 run the most painful way possible.  Fairly evenly distributed splits starting at 7:51 for the first mile, down to 9:20 the last mile. 

Way to go, Tony.  That 1:53 is a really impressive finish. 

Nice work, Tony, and a HUGE PR!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congratulations, Tony!  Great work!

steph