3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Are y'all taking in newbies? (Read 551 times)

an amazing likeness

I'm adding and dropping groups for the new year...is this place taking in riff-raff old gimpy, slow runners?  What's the initiation like?  Just wear some funny hat for a day, or what?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I'll jump in because I'm procrastinating before going to bed (tomorrow brings a much unwanted return to work).

In terms of letting people in, they haven't kicked me out (in fact they've been welcoming, motivating and supportive...if stupidity-inducing) and I don't have anywhere near the running, strength returning from setbacks,  and forum-ing "pedigree" that you do.  Wearing a silly hat could be fun though, even if it's not a requirement.  I own a penguin hat.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

C-R

Milktruck. You are more than hardcore enough for this group with plenty to spare. Welcome and don't expect anyone to blow sunshine up your shorts in this crowd.

Penguin hat? Useless without pictures.

I myself own a sorcer hat.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Hawt and sexy

So, no hazing. But it is about time that I should start to train and stuff. Life seems to have ironed out a bit.

I'm touching your pants.

Milktruck. You are more than hardcore enough for this group with plenty to spare. Welcome and don't expect anyone to blow sunshine up your shorts in this crowd.

Penguin hat? Useless without pictures.

I myself own a sorcer hat.

I agree, Milktruck is a legend and therefore more than hardcore enough for here!

I'll show you my hat, if you show me yours.  You may well be disappointed, but I do have a photo of it.

A sorcerer hat?  Wasn't there some weird bloodninja thing with "I put on my robe and wizard hat" where some guy went into chatrooms where people were attempting to "cyber" and said that a lot as part of his come on?

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Hawt and sexy

Dude,that eye is following me everywhere. Me skered.

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

Welcome and don't expect anyone to blow sunshine up your shorts in this crowd.

Damn it, C-R beat me to it almost word-for-word.

Welcome aboard.  I think the fact that you are still running makes you plenty tough enough.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Dude,that eye is following me everywhere. Me skered.

That eye is telling you: you should train.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

C-R

That eye is telling you: you should train.

What is this. Some sort of Lord of the Rings knock off. 

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Hawt and sexy

So, like, I am back home from the holidays now. All I have done since I got here is cook. Lasagna and scalloped potatoes tonight. Beef and noodles with homeade noodles tomorrow. I can run a couple of miles while supper is a bakin', kk?

I'm touching your pants.

Hawt and sexy

Oh, and it turns out the manslave's niece really isn't that far from you Indiana boys. I might be close more often.

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

Oh, and it turns out the manslave's niece really isn't that far from you Indiana boys. I might be close more often.

Well, next time you DRIVE WITHIN SIGHT of my house, I expect a visit!!!  At least when I snubbed you at Steamtown I didn't even know you were there!  

Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hawt and sexy

Well, I didn't know you lived right off the interstate. Geez.

I'm touching your pants.

C-R

Well, I didn't know you lived right off the interstate. Geez.

It's Indiana. We all live right off an interstate.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

There's some chance we might road trip again this spring -- I gotta remember this time to contact spaniel ahead of time, instead of finding out after the fact that I drove right past the mythical spaniel-ville -- which I suppose is probably near CR-ville somewhere....

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.