3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker (Read 51 times)

DoppleBock

It appears we need to recruit some running studs - No one is reaching the goal this year.

or

Some of our current running studs need to "Put Out"

I was on track until End of May (1905 miles) and then I lost my.

I am hopeful for 2018 for these reasons

1)  My back and hip are not an issue

2)  I seem to actually care a little about running and improving again

3)  I am having fun

4)  I miss the social aspect of running

5)  I am over it - Being older and slower ... Mostly

6)  50 year old sub 3 is on the horizon (2019)

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

3650 is a hell of a goal for me since I've run 2400 once in my life.

Now that I'm back at the 40+mpw, 2000 is achievable in '18 with a stretch goal of 2250.

10 miles per day - wow!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

lagwagon

I love this goal because it hairy and audacious and almost unattainable.   i'm in.

i fell short of 2k this year, losing 3 mos with an injury.  but i'm now healthy (and as a bonus, unemployed!), so I'm hoping 2k is a cinch and 3k is possible.  3650, doubtful but not impossible.  i'm a couple years behind you DB but have the same ambition to sub3 at 50 (2021).  time will tell....just one foot in front of the other, build back to 70mpw and go from there...

kcam

Well, I'll hit 2600 this year and I signed up for another 2600 for 2018 in 2018.  The most I've ever run is 3188 in 2013 and that might have 'broken' me for good.  Last half of 2012 and first half of 2013 were my very best years ever.  I ran sub-3 at 50, 51 and 52 (2:54, 2:56 2:59) and I did run 3:00:11 at 53 (close but no seegar).  Not even close since then.  I do harbor a not-so-secret goal of another sub-3 but wow .. dunno about that.  We'll see what happens but it's almost impossible that I'll even get to 3000 much less 3650.  I'll cheer you on, though, I'd love to see some of you guys hit that.  Best of luck!

Feeling the growl again

LOL, everything related to my running is pathetic and has been for 3 years.  I am hoping to double up this year's total in 2018.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

I did 3,238 in 2017 - But it was a really screwed up year.  I did a lot of run walking in the 1st 5 months.  Took a lot of time off in summer.  I am running a lot less miles now - But there are no walk breaks anymore.

I was running 8 walking 2 (minutes) ... repeat.

To do all running and hit 3,650 will be a good test to my commitment.

I do not expect every week at 70.

bhearn

3,320 for me in 2017, which was my first year over 3,000.

I guess I would like to continue to raise my max-week training ceiling (peaked at 120 mpw a few times last year), but I also feel like at this point I’ll be better served by putting more effort into strength, flexibility, and form work. My big races have not been limited by aerobic capacity or, for the most part, overall endurance. There are specific weak links I have to improve.

I'm also off to a slow start after no running for three weeks following my New Year's 55-hour race. So, 3,650 seems unlikely, but maybe.

Just over 2800 in 2017.  Cleared 300 in January so there is a chance but won't have much wiggle room for injury or recovery.  3650 would be a 600 mile PR so the stars really would have to align.

DoppleBock

Same here ... but no reason but sex, drugs and rock and roll.

Jan 27.2 Miles

Feb 98.3 Miles do far ... Maybe I will hit YTD miles of 180 by end of February ... so I will need 3,500 over March - December.   It would be possible, but I have do desire to run that much ... consistently.

I have been so on and off - that all I am worried about is today and maybe tomorrow.

I'm also off to a slow start after no running for three weeks following my New Year's 55-hour race. So, 3,650 seems unlikely, but maybe.

Just a dude.

2016 - Ran 485 miles. In May I had to have surgery to replace the wire that went down to my heart from my pacemaker. Never got back on the wagon. (Went full lurk mode at RA)

2017 - "Ran" 8.3 miles (At 11:15 pace) Increased my weight to about 275, so I had that going for me.

2018 - They took me off my beta blocker meds. I feel like someone took off the parking break. End of February and I am over 160 miles and down 35 pounds.

Goals for 2018 are:

1. Consistently run the whole year

2. 2000+ miles

3. 75% age graded race result somewhere...

4. 175 pounds

Progress:

Miles Total Weight Total Lost Notes
                      Start 0 0 273.8 0  
                      January 62.5 62.5 252.8 21  
                      February 111.7 174.2 235.8 38  
                      March 155.7 329.9 219.4 54.4  
                      April 205.1 535.0 207.0 66.8 5k Race - 23:20
                      May 234.5 769.6 197.0 76.8  5k Race - 24:15 - VERY hilly 
                      June 210.9 980.5 194.4 79.4 Foot/ankle issues - Very busy
                      July 48.2 1028.7 195.8 78 Foot ankle issues - never really got back on track. Very hot. 
                      August 0 1028.7 210.0 63.8 Just never got back on track. Very busy and hot... 
                      September 18.8 1047.5 221 52.8 Blah. 
                      October 19.2 1066.7  232 41.8  
                      November 0 1066.7 243 30.8 I hope this is rock bottom...
                      December 13.6 1080.3 248 25.8 Not the year I wanted overall

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

C-R

That's some good progression Kelly. Keep that shit up my man.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

I agree - Nice Progression

I had 3,238 worthless miles in 2017 = The most inconsistent running I ever have done.  0 weeks ... 100+ mile weeks.  No consistency, no focus, no nutrition, no thoughtful training.

I am currently trying to understand my new reality of what ideal training looks like.  I do not know yet.

*  January 27.2 Miles

*  February 111.6 Miles

Those both are too little - I am thinking: I am at 168 miles with 43 weeks left ... an average of @ 50 miles a week is reasonable (Higher blocks and lower blocks of training) = 2,300 miles for 2018 would be great.

Mile are not the only thing ... I want to get consistently boring in my weekly methodology - Speed work x 2, mid-week long, weekend long.  My current desire is to get back into short distance racing (5k - 10k) with a sprinkling of > 10k and ultras.

From a mental standpoint - I am trying to begin again - Since I have hit the reset button I have run 2 races

*  5 Mile Turkey Trot - 39:16

*  5 Mile Point Bock(3/3) - 39:20

So there is my starting point for improvement

2018 - They took me off my beta blocker meds. I feel like someone took off the parking break. End of February and I am over 160 miles and down 35 pounds.

Goals for 2018 are:

1. Consistently run the whole year

2. 2000+ miles

3. 75% age graded race result somewhere...

4. 175 pounds

-Kelly

Been a while since I’ve popped in this group to see what’s going on. Glad I checked as this definitely good news. I’m happy to see that things have turned for the better for you Kelly and I hope that you can keep progressing from where you’re at.

DoppleBock

I have never run an 8k ???  Really - That is one that I can look for a PR.

Maybe a 1 or 2 miler also.

Feeling the growl again

Nice job, Kelly, really good to see you back at it.  Still remember when they had to put the little shocky shocky in.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills