3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, pretty much. There are some great breweries and beer stores in MI.

But not near there.

Feeling the growl again

Yeah, pretty much. There are some great breweries and beer stores in MI.

But not near there.

Nothing is near here.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

La fin du Monde tonight. Oh yeah.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

La fin du Monde tonight. Oh yeah.

I've got one for tomorrow night. Screw champagne.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

I've got one for tomorrow night. Screw champagne.

Think of it as Canadian Champagne

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Just opened one and confirmed.  No gusher, but it poured "frothy", and I was careful.  With patience, it's still mighty tasty.

Now that I think about it, I had a bottle of their Flat Jack Pumpkin Ale last week and it was super fizzy. It was kinda nasty though. I wonder what causes the continued carbonation? Is the yeast still active?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Ostrich runner

Right down the road from BFE.

Home of the official grandparents day song writer? Place is world famous!

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Now that I think about it, I had a bottle of their Flat Jack Pumpkin Ale last week and it was super fizzy. It was kinda nasty though. I wonder what causes the continued carbonation? Is the yeast still active?

I would guess they did not properly stabilize the beer before bottling (ie bottled a bit early).

Well, there is a new liquor store in BFE and I was stunned at the selection.  There was actually some very decent stuff.  I homed in on the "local" breweries, picking up 6 packs from Frankenmuth and Cheboygan breweries...neither of which I knew existed.

Prince of Fatness

Meh,  Nasty head cold.  I did not even have any beer last night.  Had a couple of good ones staged in the fridge but was not sure if I would have tasted them.  So instead of a party I slept 8 or 9 hours.  Maybe I will have one today.

Happy New Year!

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Think of it as Canadian Champagne

Those Canadians make a pretty good beer, eh.

lagwagon

I found this last night at Birch and Barley in DC.  It was $45 for a 12oz bottle!

I had to pass, instead savoring the memory of a summer night ~10 years ago when $5 in drink tickets at the Brooklyn brewery led to some ridiculously drunken drunkenness.

Holy cow. Seek this one out.

I had to pass, instead savoring the memory of a summer night ~10 years ago when $5 in drink tickets at the Brooklyn brewery led to some ridiculously drunken drunkenness.

Perhaps we've met...one of the better nights of my life was a $5 ticket night at BB...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I found this last night at Birch and Barley in DC.  It was $45 for a 12oz bottle!

That is strange. I only thought it was bottled in 22 ounce bottles. $20 a piece, or so. I wonder if you saw something different, a limited release.

Feeling the growl again

Finally found time to catch up on Sunday's haul....

Troeg's Flying Moulan -- Untappd I rated 4/5...very tasty, thanks Finn.

La Trappe Tripel -- aged a year, this beer was brought by someone as a payoff for last year's December mileage stupidity party with C-R and WhoDat.  A very good Belgian, again 4/5.

Stone Vertical Epic 11/11/11 -- I bought this over a year ago simply because it mandated you age it until after 12/12/12, and it has sat in the back of my fridge ever since.  With pepper and cinnamon, I honestly thought it would end up tasting like butt.  It poured a very unique copper color, and went very well with hot wings.  The flavor was incredibly balanced on the pepper and cinnamon notes, and it was actually one of the better beers I've had lately.  5/5, inflated a bit by extra points on the uniqueness scale.

PotatoHead Brewery 40 -- Coffee Porter or Stout, IIRC?  Damn, if I could make beer like this I would never buy beer.  Seriously.  This was some fine stuff and I wish we'd been splitting a bomber instead of a 12oz.  Big grin  Outstanding work as usual Finn, an honest 5/5.