3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Prince of Fatness

I nursed the Tiny for ~3 hours...excellent stuff, I enjoyed every sip.  It had grit, so it went well with Grand Tourino.

In terms of beer left over from July's beer mile, I did an inventory and I THINK I am down to one more bomber of Weyerbacher, a couple Weyerbacher Seventeens, and maybe one bottle of another Weyerbacher.  Other than that, I think I am finally through it.

Very impressive drinking a bomber of Tiny, and smart move taking your time.  That last bomber that you have is Blasphemy I believe.  That's their quadruppel ale aged in bourbon barrels.  You'll like that one.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Be sure to ship that through MA on the way to NJWink

Heh. If I find another one I'll put your name on it.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Heh. If I find another one I'll put your name on it.

That would be Grate!! and much appreciated

Feeling the growl again

Very impressive drinking a bomber of Tiny, and smart move taking your time.  That last bomber that you have is Blasphemy I believe.  That's their quadruppel ale aged in bourbon barrels.  You'll like that one.

That's the one.  I will be sharing the wealth on that one.  (Somewhere, C-R and WhoDat are smiling)

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

That's the one.  I will be sharing the wealth on that one.  (Somewhere, C-R and WhoDat are smiling)

Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Hate to say it, I did not make it to Sun King for the release today...I had to stay home with a sick son.  I considered driving down there after the pediatrician but I doubt they would have let me in the door with him.

I will go tomorrow and hopefully they will have some Fog left.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

I will go tomorrow and hopefully they will have some Fog left.

These things happen.  Hopefully all of the Fog has not been lifted.  Heh.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

These things happen.  Hopefully all of the Fog has not been lifted.  Heh.

Heh.  Well, WhoDat is coming to our rescue..

Prince of Fatness

Trying to come up with ideas for my Indy package.  So far I have a bomber of Red Thunder.

I just added two 12 ounce bottles of this.  This is one of the most popular beers brewed by Troegs and one of my favs.  Yes it is hoppy, but I consider this a must try.

As soon as it is released I will add two 12 ounce bottles of this.  This is Weyerbacher's Blithering Idiot Barleywine aged in bourbon barrels.  I recommend aging it as long as possible.  Release is Jan / Feb so it should be very soon.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Sounds like a nice selection.

I have the SK Velvet Fog, a bomber of Upland Double Dragonfly, and a bomber of 3F Moloko. I don't know what Spaniel might have.

Have you had this? I had one a while back and thought it was something you might like. The local store still had several bottles the last time I was there.

Prince of Fatness

Have you had this? I had one a while back and thought it was something you might like. The local store still had several bottles the last time I was there.

Haven't seen that one around here.  If you can get it I'd be willing to try it.  I love Black IPA's.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Can you Indy peeps get Stoudts?  I had a tasty oatmeal stout from them last night.  Recommended.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Can you Indy peeps get Stoudts?  I had a tasty oatmeal stout from them last night.  Recommended.

I'm into oatmeal stouts....though I must say less than 50% do it right IMO...it is worth the search for a good one.

Since WhoDat had to save the day on the beers I was going to get to send east, I have nothing in hand to send.  I'm going to go look for some Triton, it just didn't happen this week.  WhoDat gave me a bottle of their Railsplitter IPA and I think you would appreciate that one.

Prince of Fatness

I'm into oatmeal stouts....though I must say less than 50% do it right IMO...it is worth the search for a good one.

Since WhoDat had to save the day on the beers I was going to get to send east, I have nothing in hand to send.  I'm going to go look for some Triton, it just didn't happen this week.  WhoDat gave me a bottle of their Railsplitter IPA and I think you would appreciate that one.

I'll send some of that oatmeal stout then.  It's tasty.

I'll try any IPA, but take your time.  Certainly no rush.  For the 12 oz units I will send two so you guys get a good taste.  So far I have 8 12 oz and one bomber definite.

Now I must go set up my cold garage to brew a batch of beer.

Not at it at all.